44 members have voted

1. 1. How long?

• 1 to 3 weeks
    • 1 to 6 months
    • 7 to 12 months
    • 1 to 6 years
    • 7 to 12 years
    • Longer then this list.

My question is, how long was your longest relationship? I am not trying to invade any privacy, but I am curious about the average length of time a relationship lasts.

My longest relationship was one that I wonder why lasted. It lasted for 5 years and ended on a bad note. We've only just began to talk again. So, the average so far is about 5 years. ;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've only had one relationship.

It lasted about 5 months, I was 16...it was a mistake we, were good as friends. But I got to go to prom twice...

It was with a girl, I've never had a boyfriend.

We still talk some, but she has changed a lot...

I guess I pulled the average down 2y7mo

Well, I've only had one relationship.

It lasted about 5 months, I was 16...it was a mistake we, were good as friends. But I got to go to prom twice...

It was with a girl, I've never had a boyfriend.

We still talk some, but she has changed a lot...

I guess I pulled the average down 2y7mo

Wow, that sucks big. At least you got to go to the prom.

And every one changes, grows or just drifts away. It's a part of life, unfortunatly. I'm glad you two do talk though.

Mine lasted 17 years and would likely still be going strong today, nearly 16 years later, were it not for the death of my partner in a hurricane.

I'm very sorry about your lose and hope that one day you can find another to spend your days with, dear. :hug: But I'm glad that you had a wonderful 17 years together.

He's not lost. He's dead. And I'm still mad as hell about it cause it was stupid, selfish and pointless. I wasn't looking for sympathy. It was just a simple statement of fact. But I know you meant well, Rose. So thanks.

He's not lost. He's dead. And I'm still mad as hell about it cause it was stupid, selfish and pointless. I wasn't looking for sympathy. It was just a simple statement of fact. But I know you meant well, Rose. So thanks.

I'm going to let the poke at my euphemism to slide for now. And as it is, it's not sympathy or pity, but rather empathy. I know how it feels to have a loved one die, so, I know where ya coming from.

Live life to the fullest and have lots of fun.

I sure hope so.. :)

You will. You're a sweet guy and I'm sure once you find your own way of life, you'll find someone to be with you.

• Site Moderator

Both of my relationships lasted for just over two years each. The first one ended in death also just over 23 years ago. The other one ended when he started dating a girl.

But we still remain friends to this day.

That is great! I know, I would have a hard time even talking to the guy if he did something like that to me. But yeah, if he sat down and had a 'talk', discussing his reasons and everything, I will consider.

I am sure that the guy in question did that. Took you in confidence before dating that girl?

well mine lasted f0or about a 3weeks-1month if I exclude the one I'm in right now(which is going to be a month Friday!!!)... I was 20 at the time... what happenned the guy transferred to toronto for a new job so since it was new and all... we ended it... we lost contact afterwards which kinda sucks but we ended it in good terms at least

Mine longest was six and a half years and it ended badly. But we did love each other very much while we were together and of course I still love him even though he broke my ever-loving heart and I had to break up with him. :lol:

well mine lasted f0or about a 3weeks-1month if I exclude the one I'm in right now(which is going to be a month Friday!!!)... I was 20 at the time... what happenned the guy transferred to toronto for a new job so since it was new and all... we ended it... we lost contact afterwards which kinda sucks but we ended it in good terms at least

Yay!!! One month mark. Congrats. Most of my relationships never made it past that point.

Anyways, it's good that you two managed to end it on good terms, but it sucks that you did lose contact with each other. I hope this relationship between you and your boy works out for both of you.

Mine longest was six and a half years and it ended badly. But we did love each other very much while we were together and of course I still love him even though he broke my ever-loving heart and I had to break up with him. :lol:

Wow, you beat out my record, but Gary still holds the record right now.

Anyways, that bites that he broke your heart. I hate it when relationships end badly, I really do. Though, I have to say, I hope that you find/found a wonderful person to date now. Good luck with your life. Blessings all around.

I've only ever been in one relationship. It started in mid-1991 and is still going strong. :D

Before I met him, I hadn't had any sort of a "relationship" beyond friendship. I never even dated in junior high or high school. Wouldn't have known what to do if I had, anyway. :)

Wow, you beat out my record, but Gary still holds the record right now.

Anyways, that bites that he broke your heart. I hate it when relationships end badly, I really do. Though, I have to say, I hope that you find/found a wonderful person to date now. Good luck with your life. Blessings all around.

Yeah it was a pretty awful breakup. For a while, I just dug myself into a hole and didn't want to get out of it. Then, I changed up my life, I went to law school, moved to Michigan. I've dated, haven't found anyone yet, maybe partially because I am a bit scared, that I'll make the same mistake again. But I do date, I have some very special friends :whistle: and I'm doing well. Thanks for your blessings though, they are much appreciated.

I've only ever been in one relationship. It started in mid-1991 and is still going strong. :D

Before I met him, I hadn't had any sort of a "relationship" beyond friendship. I never even dated in junior high or high school. Wouldn't have known what to do if I had, anyway. :)

Aww! That is so sweet! :wub:

Let's do the math here. 1991 to 2001, 10 years, add another...6 or 7, so, about 16 to 17 years together. Congratulations to you two. I hope that you guys have a long and happy life together.

My first and longest relationship lasted for about six months in the seventh grade. The night she broke up with me remains the happiest night of my life lmfao. I had only one other relationship that lasted for just the summer between my sophomore and junior years of high school. We ended it because she was working so much that we never saw each other, but we're still good friends. Our only obstacle now is that she started dating a boy from West Point (military school in West Point, NY) who asked her to marry him. He is FAR from being good enough for her, and that fact has nothing to do with him being in the military.