44 members have voted

1. 1. How long?

• 1 to 3 weeks
    • 1 to 6 months
    • 7 to 12 months
    • 1 to 6 years
    • 7 to 12 years
    • Longer then this list.

My first and longest relationship lasted for about six months in the seventh grade. The night she broke up with me remains the happiest night of my life lmfao. I had only one other relationship that lasted for just the summer between my sophomore and junior years of high school. We ended it because she was working so much that we never saw each other, but we're still good friends. Our only obstacle now is that she started dating a boy from West Point (military school in West Point, NY) who asked her to marry him. He is FAR from being good enough for her, and that fact has nothing to do with him being in the military.

*giggles* That's kinda sweet in an odd way. I do hope that things work out for her and for your friendship with her.

We'll be celebrating our 19th anniversary in June, and will have been together 20 years at that point.

Aww! That is so sweet. I'm glad that the two of you are still together after so long. You now have the spot of longest relationship together! Yayness.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*giggles* That's kinda sweet in an odd way. I do hope that things work out for her and for your friendship with her.

Aww! That is so sweet. I'm glad that the two of you are still together after so long. You now have the spot of longest relationship together! Yayness.

B) .....Going on 25 yrs.

• Site Administrator

We've just had our 17th anniversary, so if you include the period of dating before we got married, we're coming up to twenty years.

In that period there have been two times it could've ended. The first was before we had children, and it was a combination of stress from work and just generally drifting apart. We realised what was happening in time and we made a number of decisions to correct them. If we both hadn't agreed to that, the relationship would have probably ended shortly after. The second was only a few years, and that's when I came out to my wife. We've gotten past that point and things are going strong. I honestly can't imagine what life would be like if our relationship ended.

You truly inspire a great deal of respect for you with me, Graeme. To recognize that you are gay, that you still love your wife, come out to her, and work through whatever issues had to come up as a result of that is absolutely amazing. I doubt I could be that strong. I'm sure it's given you a much happier and healthier life and relationship. :)

Edited by GaryInMiami
  • Site Administrator
I'm sure it's given you a much happier and healthier life and relationship. :)

Seriously, it has. I'm no longer hiding things, so I'm a lot happier with myself, to the extent that other people commented on the fact (that is, people who didn't know what my wife and I had just gone through -- wouldn't wish that on anyone). We communicate a lot more now as a consequence and that also helps our relationship. Honesty is a key component of a health relationship and I wasn't being honest with her earlier. We still have our challenges, but, yes, we both agree that we have a happier and healthier relationship now than we had before.

And to put things back into perspective, the last set of statistics I saw indicated that over 90% of relationships who have gone through what my wife and I have gone through have failed.... I'm lucky and I know it. :)

Our top four is as follows:

Old bob: 56 years

Sat: 29 years

Benji: 25 years

Sono: 23 years

Wow! Congrats to you guys for the long relationships. I'm happy for you four. I really am.

We've just had our 17th anniversary, so if you include the period of dating before we got married, we're coming up to twenty years.

In that period there have been two times it could've ended. The first was before we had children, and it was a combination of stress from work and just generally drifting apart. We realised what was happening in time and we made a number of decisions to correct them. If we both hadn't agreed to that, the relationship would have probably ended shortly after. The second was only a few years, and that's when I came out to my wife. We've gotten past that point and things are going strong. I honestly can't imagine what life would be like if our relationship ended.

Like Gary said, I'm glad that you could do that. It sounds like those times helped strengthen your relationship with your wife. I hope that you two have many, many more years. :hug: I'm very happy that such a sweety like you haves some one in their life.

I would say around 3 months 1 week. Well, I had only one. Many here know. He went to England and we sort of lost contact. Let's say distance relationship wasn't ok for us.

The only sad thing is that we haven't talked about it. For some closure. *sigh*

Take care,

Ieshwar

I would say around 3 months 1 week. Well, I had only one. Many here know. He went to England and we sort of lost contact. Let's say distance relationship wasn't ok for us.

Take care,

Ieshwar

Well, that sucks. :hug: I'm sorry that you havne't been able to talk about it. And I hope that any future relationship works out for you.

Take care,

Ieshwar

Is there any reason why you can't initiate contact and seek the closure you need? I mean, even if it's via IM or something I'm sure it's got to be better than nothing at all.

Sono: 23 years

Wow! Congrats to you guys for the long relationships. I'm happy for you four. I really am.

Actually, it's 20 for me, not 23. I think that might still land me in the top four, though. B)

Hi Rose,

thanks for your congrats :worship:

A long time of joys as well as up and down periods. Often we had to fight, but always for the best. We sometimes almost separated, but the reasons (and the feelings) to stay together were always stronger as the reasons to fight. From the beginning we were a team, going on through "vents et mar

Actually, it's 20 for me, not 23. I think that might still land me in the top four, though. B)

Oh no. I hope your partner didn't look at GA and say, "Hey, you can't even remember how long we've been together!"

Okay, my bad! I miss typed. Oopsies? Sorry Sono. :hug:

Sono: 20 years

Hi Rose,

thanks for your congrats :worship:

A long time of joys as well as up and down periods. Often we had to fight, but always for the best. We sometimes almost separated, but the reasons (and the feelings) to stay together were always stronger as the reasons to fight. From the beginning we were a team, going on through "vents et mar

Can blame me for that oopsies. I've fixed it now. *snickers*

Methinks we might need a new Secretary to properly record these things. It's an important position Ms. Strailo so pay more attention please. poke-poke.gif

A bit less than a month.

I've only ever been in one relationship. It started in mid-1991 and is still going strong. :D

Before I met him, I hadn't had any sort of a "relationship" beyond friendship. I never even dated in junior high or high school. Wouldn't have known what to do if I had, anyway. :)

Congrats! :)

Take care,

Ieshwar

:hug:

Methinks we might need a new Secretary to properly record these things. It's an important position Ms. Strailo so pay more attention please. poke-poke.gif

Yes, yes. I blame the fact that I was day dreaming at the time...

0 months and 0 days.

What a waste of a 1000th post...

You used your 1000th post on this thread? *tear* I'm so honored. :hug: