Rose Strailo - Finding Someone

Finding Someone is the perfect title for this story. It's a tale well told, of staying in the shadows, lingering in the dark places, shunning the light. Avoid notoriety at all costs, just get by.

Then, that someone makes an appearance, and has an effect. Life has some interesting twists and turns, we just need to be open to them, for you never know what tomorrow will bring. :)

First of all, CJ, :hug: the lay out was wonderful. Thank you for your hard work.

Second of all, CJ and Jason, thank you for the review. It is a sweet review from both of you and it means a lot coming from you two. Thank you two for them. :hug::wub:

Hey Rose,

This short story was full of things that left me with interesting thoughts. In the beginning the character has strong ambitions to stay hidden, but in the cover of darkness he goes to work at a gay club - a club where anyone could recognize him. A complete difference of Day and Night with the character, that I think everyone does, but with this character it just seemed odd and interesting to me that he would do that with all the strong feelings for being in the closet himself (at least to everyone he didn't know). It was like in his actions he was wanting to be noticed, but in his mind he was scared to be, which usually is the other way around. The gay icon on the hoody is an example of that, he chose to wear the hoody, but in his mind he figured no one would notice. He was also comfortable with people hitting on him at the gay club, and he was confident enough to flirt with Newbies, that were possibly only there for the first time. So yes, interesting in an enjoyable way. Definitely.

Hey Rose,

This short story was full of things that left me with interesting thoughts. In the beginning the character has strong ambitions to stay hidden, but in the cover of darkness he goes to work at a gay club - a club where anyone could recognize him. A complete difference of Day and Night with the character, that I think everyone does, but with this character it just seemed odd and interesting to me that he would do that with all the strong feelings for being in the closet himself (at least to everyone he didn't know). It was like in his actions he was wanting to be noticed, but in his mind he was scared to be, which usually is the other way around. The gay icon on the hoody is an example of that, he chose to wear the hoody, but in his mind he figured no one would notice. He was also comfortable with people hitting on him at the gay club, and he was confident enough to flirt with Newbies, that were possibly only there for the first time. So yes, interesting in an enjoyable way. Definitely.

I should have written this in my AN. This character was based off a wonderful family friend who I don't really remember but have heard hundreds of stories about. He was a walking contradiction. When he was hyper, he didn't bounce around or babble or just do things really fast. He would sit in his seat and practically vibrate while smoking a ciggerett.

But, yes, this character was fun and an interesting write since I tried to get the friends personality just right and apply it to a 1990's gay guy. Not easy I tell ya.

Thank you for the review though. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Maybe one day I'll do a full story with these two. It'll be fun, that's for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

I didn't find him a contradiction at all.

In an environment where he wasn't comfortable, where he felt unwanted, he was quiet and shy. Trying to stay in the shadows.

On the other hand, when he was somewhere where he could be himself, he was open and flirtatious. Happy to be seen, though cautious about being seen by those who also knew him in the other environment.

Nothing contradictory at all, at least to me. I would find it more odd if he was the same person at all times. I know I'm not, and I don't think most people are -- we adapt to our environments.

The badge on the hoodie was the only part that I thought he was being contradictory, and even that was only partially. He was being blind to the possibility that people would recognise it for what it was... or maybe he was subconsciously hoping it would be recognised, but only by those who would have a good reason for recognising it.

I think this was a really good interpretation of the theme -- a lot lighter than many. Thanks, Rose! :great:

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't find him a contradiction at all.

In an environment where he wasn't comfortable, where he felt unwanted, he was quiet and shy. Trying to stay in the shadows.

On the other hand, when he was somewhere where he could be himself, he was open and flirtatious. Happy to be seen, though cautious about being seen by those who also knew him in the other environment.

Nothing contradictory at all, at least to me. I would find it more odd if he was the same person at all times. I know I'm not, and I don't think most people are -- we adapt to our environments.

The badge on the hoodie was the only part that I thought he was being contradictory, and even that was only partially. He was being blind to the possibility that people would recognise it for what it was... or maybe he was subconsciously hoping it would be recognised, but only by those who would have a good reason for recognising it.

I think this was a really good interpretation of the theme -- a lot lighter than many. Thanks, Rose! :great:

I'm thinking that I should check this section more often, yes?

Anyways, thank you for your insightful views of my story and thank you for your review. It's always nice to see that people like my stories. Like I've said to others, this story came out a bit more happy then what I was planning, but it worked out nicely.

Again, thank you and I hope that I can keep your interest with my future stories. *bows*