Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 33: Full Circle

"I'm sorry, the diabolical, power hungry, mass murderer you are trying to connect with is temporarily out of the country. If you would like to leave a message please wait for the beep....if you live to leave one."

umm... :unsure: wouldn't it be more along the lines of ...

"We're sorry, your detonation can not be completed as dialed. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please hang up and try your detonation again. If you feel that someone has usurped your attempt at world domination, please hang up and kill the unfortunate individual standing to your right..."

note to the editor, make sure Eric is always to Jerry's left.

:)

Steve

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That snap has appeared and Brandon and chase had to deflect some real question about a possible relationship between the two of them. I'm still wondering, wouldn't it be better for them to just come out. Yes it could hurt them as group but, don't we already know some gay artist making good career. It will be out there eventually,,, better saying now than wait and letting the fans feel like they were being lied to.

This is how I feel. Especially about celebrities lying about being gay. It drives me crazy! :angry:

I think someone in the spotlight has more of a responsibility to be out and modeling good behavior than a regular individual. I'm starting to get annoyed that Brandon and Chase are continuing to go to such lengths to hide their relationship. This was the tipping point for me. If I were one of their fans I would be pissed to find out they were gay now.

This is why it took Rosie O'Donnell so long to get back on my good side. She just spent way too long in the closet denying it before she finally got her act together and offered something in the way of a visible, respectable lesbian. Clay Aiken is also sufficiently insulting everyone's intelligence such that he'll have to spend considerable time making amends, before I think the gay community ought to be rallying around him.

I do wonder what will happen with Joe? Obviously, a run-in with J/S can't be good for him... but I don't think seeing Instinct will be much easier of a situation. I can't see the band reacting well to seeing Joe. Although, they could use it as a way to get information on J/S... My guess is that it will depend on who gets to him first!

That sounds reasonable to me! My guess is he'll eventually apologize to Chase.

Btw, that was a good chapter. The whole thing with Joe is interesting. At least now we know why he dislikes gays. I still think he has some major flaws. I'm still wondering exactly why he is being redeemed, but it just makes me want to read the next chapter. Great chapter, CJ!

I wouldn't think he really needs a reason. I'm always a fan of character development, whether they evolve positively or negatively. Including it always makes for a better story IMO. Just saying someone is 'good' or 'bad' and leaving it at that is rather boring, much better to glimpse of their motivation.

I know people may think that Joe will take advantage of the band to make a buck or two, but I'm kind of feeling a bit sorry for the guy. It is now obvious that he is just another casualty of J/S.

I don't think he's "taking advantage" of the band at all. There's no reason why he (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't feel free to profit from the band in any way that they can as long as it isn't negatively effecting band or immoral in general, and I certainly don't think it is. Him signing a few autographs isn't taking any money from their pockets. If anything I would assume that the fans would like it and that overall it would be mutually beneficial.

To me "Taking advantage" of the band, would be doing something that hurt them for profit. Like maybe writing a tell-all book or something like that. This is perfectly innocent as far as I'm concerned, and even if Joe weren't developing in positive ways and was as reprehensible as ever, I still wouldn't really see anything wrong with what he's doing or care that he was doing it. And that would go double for me imagining myself as one of the band members.

The bomb may have a shelf life of 10 years but there is no way a dead bush will go unnotuced that long. Someone would eventualy do some inocent gardening and meet a very bad end.

Ah, but there isn't a dead bush at all! This thought occurred to me as soon as I started reading that section and as such I read very carefully. If I'm understanding it correctly the bush was merely used as a rouse whilst the bomb was being placed into the ground so that to the casual observer it would appear that he was burying a bush and not a mysterious container. I believe the bush was then removed once the bomb was in the ground, and the bomb was covered, and re-turffed to look like the regular ground.

At least that's how I read it.

I would imagine that the Scar wouldn't have taken out the cell packages under the name Jerry Clump or The Scar

:lol:

It would indeed be an odd occurrence if the name on his statement read 'The Scar' :boy:

I did enjoy this chapter, especially the parts with Joe, great job, CJ :)

Kevin

• Site Administrator

"We're sorry, your detonation can not be completed as dialed. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please hang up and try your detonation again. If you feel that someone has usurped your attempt at world domination, please hang up and kill the unfortunate individual standing to your right..."

Steve

Once again you prove why you have an author tag by your name and I don't :2thumbs: . But yeah, that's what I was trying to say :lol:

I don't think he's "taking advantage" of the band at all. There's no reason why he (or anyone else for that matter) shouldn't feel free to profit from the band in any way that they can as long as it isn't negatively effecting band or immoral in general, and I certainly don't think it is. Him signing a few autographs isn't taking any money from their pockets. If anything I would assume that the fans would like it and that overall it would be mutually beneficial.

To me "Taking advantage" of the band, would be doing something that hurt them for profit. Like maybe writing a tell-all book or something like that. This is perfectly innocent as far as I'm concerned, and even if Joe weren't developing in positive ways and was as reprehensible as ever, I still wouldn't really see anything wrong with what he's doing or care that he was doing it. And that would go double for me imagining myself as one of the band members.

Kevin

I guess I should have used the term using the band rather than taking advantage of them. Essentially Joe is now a nobody, and probably was a nobody before being in the band. By using his past time with the band to make a buck could be looked upon negatively.

Ah, but there isn't a dead bush at all! This thought occurred to me as soon as I started reading that section and as such I read very carefully. If I'm understanding it correctly the bush was merely used as a rouse whilst the bomb was being placed into the ground so that to the casual observer it would appear that he was burying a bush and not a mysterious container. I believe the bush was then removed once the bomb was in the ground, and the bomb was covered, and re-turffed to look like the regular ground.

At least that's how I read it.

That is how it was written as well... :P

The bush, as Kevvers rightly pointed out, was removed after the bomb was buried. The device was then covered by mud. :)

BeaStKid

That is how it was written as well... :P

The bush, as Kevvers rightly pointed out, was removed after the bomb was buried. The device was then covered by mud. :)

BeaStKid

:( ........The real worry is will the bomb be detonated?? Can Scar (CJ) be that evil?? Wasn't this the "Ulitimate Cliffhanger" the goat left us.

The thing I keep coming back to is these bombs are triggered via cell phone. This means the bombs have to connect with the cell tower near it to receive "the call" and that would be a potential method to trace them. Also, what if J/S forgot to pay the cell bill and the service got turned off... oops! :blink:

Ahhh, but don't forget one of the specs of the bobs; they cannot radiate. Cell phones, when in service, do indeed radiate becuase they must communicate with the cell towers, even while not actively making calls. :)

Now as far as J/S being ineligible for father of the year, I think it is painfully obvious that he was nothing more than a sperm donor for the majority of Joe's life.

Yes, Jerry has, I admit, not been the most attentive of fathers. He's been preoccupied with his buisness ventures.

I was around a little over a month of 1982. It was the year I was born. And yes, I am sure he has more than one phone. He would be a complete idiot not to. he needs to remember to stay in character sometimes. He already struggles with that. Remember the knife?

Indeed; he has a tempter, and when rattled he reverts to form. But it must be remembered that the poor guy is under a lot of stress. Also, planting the bomb was a great deal of work, plus his job as Road Boss is running him ragged. Maybe he will calm down and relax once the second U.S. bomb is in place.

BTW, per the text, Instinct's next concert is in San Francisco. Could Jerry have that in mind as a location for the bomb? Is it significant that Eric mentions that Candlestick Park was the venue for the Beatle's final concert?

Steve

ROFL!! :2thumbs:

Poor, Jerry, as if he didn't have enough stress. :)

This is how I feel. Especially about celebrities lying about being gay. It drives me crazy! :angry:

I think someone in the spotlight has more of a responsibility to be out and modeling good behavior than a regular individual. I'm starting to get annoyed that Brandon and Chase are continuing to go to such lengths to hide their relationship. This was the tipping point for me. If I were one of their fans I would be pissed to find out they were gay now.

This is why it took Rosie O'Donnell so long to get back on my good side. She just spent way too long in the closet denying it before she finally got her act together and offered something in the way of a visible, respectable lesbian. Clay Aiken is also sufficiently insulting everyone's intelligence such that he'll have to spend considerable time making amends, before I think the gay community ought to be rallying around him.

Great catch on the bomb, Kevin, and you're right. :)

As for the quoted text, I happen to agree with Kevin, sort of. I believe that people, including celebs, have a right to keep their private lives private, but I also agree with Kevin's points.

However, Brandon and Chase are starting to feel the same way, per the text; sick of lying and hiding.

To FrenchCanadian, yes, I agree, but in Instinct's case the fan demographics are all wrong for them to come out without major damage to the group and its income. As a hard-rock group, they aren't in as easy a position as, say, a pop singer.

What we have here is a conundrum; the hiding is beginning to grate, but coming out could seriously hurt the band. They are, at the moment, (per some of the stats mentioned in the Rome chapter) pretty much on top. Give them a year or two and they'll all be set for life. That's one heck of a compelling reason to stay closeted, but the cracks are beggining to show, both in them and the veil of secrecy. :)

BTW, the "gay neighbor" Joe mentioned... The way i saw it, the neighbor really was gay, but he did dissapear, very permanently, right at the time of the murder of Joe's mother, thus becoming a natural suspect for the police. I'd say this set of circumstances was very convenient for the person who did garrot mrs. Clump. Could it have been more than a coincidence? 0:)

BTW, per the text, Instinct's next concert is in San Francisco. Could Jerry have that in mind as a location for the bomb? Is it significant that Eric mentions that Candlestick Park was the venue for the Beatle's final concert?

BTW, the "gay neighbor" Joe mentioned... The way i saw it, the neighbor really was gay, but he did dissapear, very permanently, right at the time of the murder of Joe's mother, thus becoming a natural suspect for the police. I'd say this set of circumstances was very convenient for the person who did garrot mrs. Clump. Could it have been more than a coincidence? 0:)

could Jerry have in mind there, probably, he could,, but I'd say it would be stupid of him... For him too convince gov. or anyone to give money, or whatever he's looking for, I don't think that hitting twice the west cost would be that wise... :P The mention of Candlestick Park, personally I like that little detail, it was interesting,, but I think that it's just to make use nervous.

I kinda also think that it's not for any reason that the neighbor disappeared, :P I think that some Scar managed it so that he wouldn't been seen around later on,,, :P But, I don't think he made sure to make it so Joe would hate gay...

• Site Moderator

It might be a little harder to hide, but the final concert is in New York. I can't see Scar planting two bombs on the same coast, unless he's got something against California.

It might be a little harder to hide, but the final concert is in New York. I can't see Scar planting two bombs on the same coast, unless he's got something against California.

B) ......Humm.......Two bombs in California, perhaps Scar left a scorned heart in San Francisco

could Jerry have in mind there, probably, he could,, but I'd say it would be stupid of him... For him too convince gov. or anyone to give money, or whatever he's looking for, I don't think that hitting twice the west cost would be that wise... :P The mention of Candlestick Park, personally I like that little detail, it was interesting,, but I think that it's just to make use nervous.

I kinda also think that it's not for any reason that the neighbor disappeared, :P I think that some Scar managed it so that he wouldn't been seen around later on,,, :P But, I don't think he made sure to make it so Joe would hate gay...

The Scar did indeed, shall we say, arrange for the disappearance of said neighbor. The fact that the neighbor was gay was merely coincidence. Joe is blaming the neighbor, and becuase the neighbor happened to have been gay, he hated gays. :)

Maybe he knows that Shadowgod lives in CA? 0:)

B) ......Humm.......Two bombs in California, perhaps Scar left a scorned heart in San Francisco

Or he could just have a desire to sing; I left my heart bomb, in San Francisco...

OK, today is Friday, so it is time to announce the title of the next chapter: When Worlds Collide

The Scar did indeed, shall we say, arrange for the disappearance of said neighbor. The fact that the neighbor was gay was merely coincidence. Joe is blaming the neighbor, and becuase the neighbor happened to have been gay, he hated gays. :)

Maybe he knows that Shadowgod lives in CA? 0:)

Or he could just have a desire to sing; I left my heart bomb, in San Francisco...

OK, today is Friday, so it is time to announce the title of the next chapter: When Worlds Collide

The injustice CJ!! First, you have jerry planting two bombs on the west coast, and now you have stolen my chapter title!!! :pissed:

Where is an unbiased admin when you need one?

The injustice CJ!! First, you have jerry planting two bombs on the west coast, and now you have stolen my chapter title!!! :pissed:

Where is an unbiased admin when you need one?

Stolen? Now, now, Evil one, as I recall the title was your idea. :P

And, hrmmm, my chapter takes place in San Francisco... 0:)

But "when Worlds Collide" fits both so well, don't you think? 0:)

It seems to me that you are doing this to be mean to the Shadowyone, and yet you call him evil? Oh well. I want to read both chapters. :D

:lol::D:lol::D How true!!!

Now what I'm curious about, are we going to see both author's finish off with a cliffhanger? This could be the final showdown to put that question to bed :P . Not who can be the King or Queen of Evil Cliffhangers, but who can write the best cliffhanger.

Up for the challenge guys?

That might be a little difficult to implement, becuase I wrote LTMP 34 over a month ago. LoL.

Besides, Shadowgod gets that title... He did, after all, write LiS 26, the Mother of all Cliffhangers.

I, on the other hand, have been endeavoring to keep the chapter endings in LTMP non-tense. :)

It seems to me that you are doing this to be mean to the Shadowyone, and yet you call him evil? Oh well. I want to read both chapters. :D

Actually, it is His Shadowyness who is being evil to me here. He knows I can't explain until after the chapter is posted, too. He's evil!!! However, he is after all Satan, so I guess his penchant for the dark side should come as no surprise.

That might be a little difficult to implement, becuase I wrote LTMP 34 over a month ago. LoL.

Besides, Shadowgod gets that title... He did, after all, write LiS 26, the Mother of all Cliffhangers.

I, on the other hand, have been endeavoring to keep the chapter endings in LTMP non-tense. :)

Actually, it is His Shadowyness who is being evil to me here. He knows I can't explain until after the chapter is posted, too. He's evil!!! However, he is after all Satan, so I guess his penchant for the dark side should come as no surprise.

Your snout is growing! Anyway, he is not Satan. He's actually nice. He's misunderstood. :wub: And you know you love him as much as the rest of us do! :D

Your snout is growing! Anyway, he is not Satan. He's actually nice. He's misunderstood. :wub: And you know you love him as much as the rest of us do! :D

aww thanks tiger :wub:

24 hours till we see what this world collide business is about. I know mine, but CJ has me worried :usnure: The goat is after all devious. he tends to lull us into a false sense of security. It only begs the question, what worlds in Let the Megalomaniac Play could possibly collide?

24 hours till we see what this world collide business is about. I know mine, but CJ has me worried :usnure: The goat is after all devious. he tends to lull us into a false sense of security. It only begs the question, what worlds in Let the Megalomaniac Play could possibly collide?

B) ...........I will predict before the end of either LTMP and D&Cliffed W we will see a battle of the evilest cliffhangers between the two.

I suspect evil cliffhangery. The title is so ominous... so devious. As a matter of fact, I suspect two evil cliffhangers, one for each story with such a chapter title. :ph34r: You're welcome by the way. :hug:

What? Would I fib? 0:)

And, ummm, nice? What an odd thing to say about Satan! :P

Now, if you want nice and misunderstood, there's... :jerry:

Who? Me? 0:)

And whats this "Let the Megolomaniac Play" buisness? Hrmmm?

I'll let ya'll in on a little secret; Shadowgod does no like one of my characters, and persists in saying nasty things about him. :o

I think His Shadowyness is being unfair and judgmental; sure, the character he dislikes has a few rough edges, but who doesn't? Mainly, he just wants to be left to his own devices... He's also under a great deal of stress right now, which surely brings out any unpleasant traits, but once he's finished his little placement project, I'm sure he'll mellow out a little.

B) ...........I will predict before the end of either LTMP and D&Cliffed W we will see a battle of the evilest cliffhangers between the two.

Now, now, it is often said that I never use cliffhangers, so how could that be?

Besides, I freely acknowledge that I could never top LiS 26, the Mother of ALL Cliffhangers. :worship:

I suspect evil cliffhangery. The title is so ominous... so devious. As a matter of fact, I suspect two evil cliffhangers, one for each story with such a chapter title. :ph34r: You're welcome by the way. :hug:

No cliffhangers from me! :P

Hrmmmm, So far, we have one Nuke sequestered in Dodger Stadium. There are five subwoofer cases; one contains the remaining nuke and three contain mock-ups. Any speculation on why Jerry is hauling around mock-ups of his nukes which include a tiny scrap of plutonium?

Oh, and one other thing to consider; Helen and the band worry incessantly about bad PR, such as from a potential outing of Brandon and Chase. Does anyone think their might be negative PR potential related to the fact that Instinct's Road Boss is using Instinct's gear to ship and plant nuclear bombs, such as at their concert venue in L.A.?

CJ

No cliffhangers from me! :P

Hrmmmm, So far, we have one Nuke sequestered in Dodger Stadium. There are five subwoofer cases; one contains the remaining nuke and three contain mock-ups. Any speculation on why Jerry is hauling around mock-ups of his nukes which include a tiny scrap of plutonium?

CJ

B) ...........That still has me scratching me head...........Yard Sale????

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..