Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 33: Full Circle

is up here

*Runs off to read it*

Oh and CJ, you have again goofed up in the announcement. You listed the chapter name as Homegoing... :lol::P

Take Care

BeaStKid

P.S

This is the first time I have started a discussion thread for CJ's story...So much for a hiatus... :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Moderator

Well, we all know that CJ sometimes doesn't know if he coming or going.

Nice quiet chapter. I knew sooner or later that Joe's true identity would be revealed, at least to him. And leave to him to try and make a few final bucks from the band.

Now we know where the bomb is planted. About all that remains now is to figure out WHEN it will go off.

Good chapter as always CJ, I really enjoyed it from the start to the end, I personally liked it better than the last 2.

we now know that one of the bomb is in play. that it's been well disguised and ready to detonate when Jerry will think it's the right time. Tho I'm still wondering what is the goal wanted from the exercise. Instinct made their two show in LA, and will be heading out to SF, the good thing is that they're heading away from the heat. :P It sounds like the band will survive the blast of that one

That snap has appeared and Brandon and chase had to deflect some real question about a possible relationship between the two of them. I'm still wondering, wouldn't it be better for them to just come out. Yes it could hurt them as group but, don't we already know some gay artist making good career. It will be out there eventually,,, better saying now than wait and letting the fans feel like they were being lied to.

Some very nice development coming from Joe,,, it does seem like he's now much better, hopefully he won't have a relapse. I wonder why the fact that he was around the show venues didn't come to the ears of the band's entourage. The band do wanna talk with Joe,,,,

Edited by FrenchCanadian

B) ........Great chapter CJ! so revealing........Is Joe going to run into Jerry? Is he even aware that Jerry is running around posing as a Gay guy? I think the Scar, (as hard working as he is) has slipped up again, and Joe will wind up talking to Eric, further arousing his suspicions. Does pool water ruin a cell phone? Does Eric know that?

:lol: .........."Roast Goat" I love it, poor Vlad can't seem to get a break, even his "last meal request" has been put on hold. :P

:( ...........Well, I never was fond of LA, but damn Vegas is downwind from it CJ!! Mario has such a cush job, I wonder if Scar will use him again?

Nice chapter CJ! :P

I really liked the progression in this chapter. We got a lot of information, but the story never seemed to stall. Good work!

I do wonder what will happen with Joe? Obviously, a run-in with J/S can't be good for him... but I don't think seeing Instinct will be much easier of a situation. I can't see the band reacting well to seeing Joe. Although, they could use it as a way to get information on J/S... My guess is that it will depend on who gets to him first!

is up here

*Runs off to read it*

Oh and CJ, you have again goofed up in the announcement. You listed the chapter name as Homegoing... :lol::P

Take Care

BeaStKid

P.S

This is the first time I have started a discussion thread for CJ's story...So much for a hiatus... :lol:

We all know you're occasionally lurking, Beastie. :lol:

Btw, that was a good chapter. The whole thing with Joe is interesting. At least now we know why he dislikes gays. I still think he has some major flaws. I'm still wondering exactly why he is being redeemed, but it just makes me want to read the next chapter. Great chapter, CJ!

The Scar is a hard worker. And his concern for ridding the Los Angeles citizens of the Big One issue shows some concern for proactive environmental initiative.

Nice chapter. Plus I now know that Vladimir respects some rural traditions that can only be praised.

Btw, that was a good chapter. The whole thing with Joe is interesting. At least now we know why he dislikes gays. I still think he has some major flaws. I'm still wondering exactly why he is being redeemed, but it just makes me want to read the next chapter. Great chapter, CJ!

:( ...........Yeah, just wait when Joe figures out, that it was his father who killed his mother. Not the made-up "gay neighbor".

:( ...........Yeah, just wait when Joe figures out, that it was his father who killed his mother. Not the made-up "gay neighbor".

I was thinking the same.. thats going to be interesting...

Will the Scar plant the other bombs at the other concert sites ? Probably.. as the equipment trucks are his way to transport them.

Great chapter again CJames ! :)

• Site Administrator

Great chapter CJ :great: .

So we finally know how Joe developed his hate for gay people. To tell the truth, I'm not surprised that J/S was the one behind it. I know people may think that Joe will take advantage of the band to make a buck or two, but I'm kind of feeling a bit sorry for the guy. It is now obvious that he is just another casualty of J/S.

I do hope that it is Helen that finds Joe around the stadium. I think she is the only one that would probably hold the guys to their promise to help him if they ever saw or heard from him again. Hopefully the light bulb over Eric's head lights up when he realizes that Joe may be the one to give him the ammo needed to take care of J/S. It may turn out they both share something in common, they both hate J/S.

As far as the roasted goat, I got it ;) .

Now any chance of you posting a chapter twice a week? :D

The suspense is getting a bit too thick, which means I have a funny feeling we will soon be witnessing a cliffie that will shame all others. :worship:

Steve B)

Well, I have to admit, the "Roast Goat" was Graeme's.

A while back, I was bugging him to send me LTMP 24. This was before I'd sent it to him, actually before I'd finished it. I figured he's always saying he's a day ahead, so why can't he send me a beta back the day before I send it to him!?!?!?

Well, he sent back the Roast Goat scene, and I knew I had to have it. :)

I knew I couldn't use it until later in the story, so I kept is, and then adapted it for use in this chapter. :)

Thanks Graeme!

So, now we have a clue as to what happened to Joe's Mother; she was garroted. We also, per a prior chapter, know this occured right after she twigged to The Scar's real occupation.

Did anyone find it odd that The Scar hit his 5 y/o son for crying, after the kid had found his mother's body? (and a garroting does not leave a particuarly attractive corpse). Is Jerry thus ineligible for the Father of the Year award??

Also, any thoughts on the bomb placement method? Those bombs are heavy, so Jerry really had to struggle.

Also, remember how they are made; they have a thermocouple attached to the plutonium, to keep the batteries from running out. The Scar's specs called for a ten-year shelf-life.

And now, we also know that Mario is in the US, and in the same city as Instinct.

:)

Another great chapter!

I can't help wondering if the roast goat isn't some kind of wierd forshadowing. Do the beta readers know something we don't? Maybe there is an evil clifhanger on the way.

The way the story is going It looks like Joe will have to make up with his old band-mates. That should be interesting.

The bomb may have a shelf life of 10 years but there is no way a dead bush will go unnotuced that long. Someone would eventualy do some inocent gardening and meet a very bad end.

Well, we all know that CJ sometimes doesn't know if he coming or going.

Nice quiet chapter. I knew sooner or later that Joe's true identity would be revealed, at least to him. And leave to him to try and make a few final bucks from the band.

Now we know where the bomb is planted. About all that remains now is to figure out WHEN it will go off.

Well, he was busy designing JSmith's page... :whistle:;)

Of course I am lurking... :)

Great chapter CJ...answers a lot of questions and leaves a lot to be asked as well. Can't wait to read the next. That is all I have to say.

:)

BeaStKid

Another great chapter!

I can't help wondering if the roast goat isn't some kind of wierd forshadowing. Do the beta readers know something we don't? Maybe there is an evil clifhanger on the way.

The way the story is going It looks like Joe will have to make up with his old band-mates. That should be interesting.

The bomb may have a shelf life of 10 years but there is no way a dead bush will go unnotuced that long. Someone would eventualy do some inocent gardening and meet a very bad end.

B) ............Yeah a dead bush would have to be replaced, what if it was replaced with a large boulder? Would that interfere with the signal the J/S plans to send for the demostration? I also wonder if Vlad "tinkered" with Scars bomb?

Also, remember how they are made; they have a thermocouple attached to the plutonium, to keep the batteries from running out. The Scar's specs called for a ten-year shelf-life.
Yeah a dead bush would have to be replaced, what if it was replaced with a large boulder? Would that interfere with the signal the J/S plans to send for the demostration?

The thing I keep coming back to is these bombs are triggered via cell phone. This means the bombs have to connect with the cell tower near it to receive "the call" and that would be a potential method to trace them. Also, what if J/S forgot to pay the cell bill and the service got turned off... oops! :blink:

• Site Administrator
The thing I keep coming back to is these bombs are triggered via cell phone. This means the bombs have to connect with the cell tower near it to receive "the call" and that would be a potential method to trace them. Also, what if J/S forgot to pay the cell bill and the service got turned off... oops! :blink:

I would imagine that the Scar wouldn't have taken out the cell packages under the name Jerry Clump or The Scar, so I would guess that the officials would have to go through like 50,000,000 cell phones numbers to get down to the ones he has in the bombs.

What would scare me more is if someone actually called a number mistakenly. Let's say you were calling Jenny at 867-5309 (For those of you old enough to remember :lol: ), and mistakenly dialed 767-5309, you may have inadvertently blown up Los Angeles.

Now as far as J/S being ineligible for father of the year, I think it is painfully obvious that he was nothing more than a sperm donor for the majority of Joe's life.

Edit to add: In case you weren't around in 1982

Edited by wildone
I would imagine that the Scar wouldn't have taken out the cell packages under the name Jerry Clump or The Scar, so I would guess that the officials would have to go through like 50,000,000 cell phones numbers to get down to the ones he has in the bombs.

What would scare me more is if someone actually called a number mistakenly. Let's say you were calling Jenny at 867-5309 (For those of you old enough to remember :lol: ), and mistakenly dialed 767-5309, you may have inadvertently blown up Los Angeles.

Now as far as J/S being ineligible for father of the year, I think it is painfully obvious that he was nothing more than a sperm donor for the majority of Joe's life.

B) ..........I would hope Scar was smart enough to "once" placing the call one would have to enter a code to detonate......Otherwise "..I'm sorry the number you have cal.....

Or, what would he do if his call went to voice mail? :D

I was around a little over a month of 1982. It was the year I was born. And yes, I am sure he has more than one phone. He would be a complete idiot not to. he needs to remember to stay in character sometimes. He already struggles with that. Remember the knife?

• Site Administrator
Or, what would he do if his call went to voice mail? :D

"I'm sorry, the diabolical, power hungry, mass murderer you are trying to connect with is temporarily out of the country. If you would like to leave a message please wait for the beep....if you live to leave one."

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..