Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 40

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good observation on the sloppy recon. One issue is that both Mario and Dimitri are over-tired. :)

It does look as though one of them might be resting peacefully now though ;)

Good chapter, very exciting, nice quick pace! I quite liked it and am looking forward to seeing what comes next!

I'm a firm believer in saving the dramatic climax for a story's finale. :) Things might possibly become.. tense. :)

Climactic finales are good. I don't know of anyone who prefers a premature climax. :*)

BTW, the next chapter is entitled "Disputed Authority". :)

Disputed Authority. Hmm...I see General Bradson having a turf battle with the local Barney.

I'm sure that it's a very wise choice. They woulda been thrilled to be featured in a story published on GA. :P

One of the admins on my model car site is a Hell's Angel. Yah, I know it's weird...a biker who builds plastic model cars. ;)

Anyway, he knows I'm gay and yet we're still good friends. I'm smart enough to know it's something he tolerates and I never mention it to him in our conversations on the phone. No need to rub it in his face.

From what he's told me it's not something that would go over well with many other bikers. Translation: It would probably get you maimed or killed. :D

So I agree with Sacha that it was a wise choice not to use any actual chapter names.

They can still find you even if you're hanging out on a cliff somewhere, CJ. poke-poke.gif

One of the admins on my model car site is a Hell's Angel. Yah, I know it's weird...a biker who builds plastic model cars. ;)

Anyway, he knows I'm gay and yet we're still good friends. I'm smart enough to know it's something he tolerates and I never mention it to him in our conversations on the phone. No need to rub it in his face.

From what he's told me it's not something that would go over well with many other bikers. Translation: It would probably get you maimed or killed. :D

So I agree with Sacha that it was a wise choice not to use any actual chapter names.

They can still find you even if you're hanging out on a cliff somewhere, CJ. poke-poke.gif

B) .......Wouldn't surprise me if the goat has his own chapter, you can picture the logo, goat on a cliff!

If it's who I am thinking, he knows about me as well. Anyway, I doubt the bikers in LTMP are necessarily bad. Bikers can be really cool!

If it's who I am thinking, he knows about me as well. Anyway, I doubt the bikers in LTMP are necessarily bad. Bikers can be really cool!

It's Gator. Yeah, they can be really cool and accepting. That's sure the case with Gator. Some of the stories he's told me are great. The coolness seems to officially end when the gay issue comes up. Privately I think there are plenty of bikers who are alright with, or can at least tolerate, someone being gay.

It's Gator. Yeah, they can be really cool and accepting. That's sure the case with Gator. Some of the stories he's told me are great. The coolness seems to officially end when the gay issue comes up. Privately I think there are plenty of bikers who are alright with, or can at least tolerate, someone being gay.

I'm sure there are plenty of gay bikers out there, and I don't mean just Dykes on Bikes. ;)

So, who do you all think is the subject in the title of the upcoming chapter?

I'm sure there are plenty of gay bikers out there, and I don't mean just Dykes on Bikes. ;)

So, who do you all think is the subject in the title of the upcoming chapter?

The more I think about it the more I realize it's been a while since we've heard anything significant from Scar. Maybe he's having problems with his plans to bribe his way into power. I don't think he actually has the money yet. So he's got to be discussing his plans with the leaders of the military. Scar wants to be in absolute control but the military doesn't want to cede total control/authority to Scar.

• Site Administrator

I'll throw out a couple of ideas :D

First, It may all have to do with The Scar. Remember CJ has mentioned some where along the line that there is territory around Paraguay that is rich in natural gas reserves and J/S may be just interested enough to take over the territory to ensure his retirement fund is sufficiently topped up. He is paying out a lot of money to the generals in Paraguay to help with the coup. Even with the gold reserves, I'm sure he is looking at ways to add to his bottom line.

The other guess is that it may involve the one woman that some people love to hate. Helen. Helen likes to think of all the guys as 'her boys', and I don't think she may take kindly to others trying to take control of their lives or destinies. If it was a battle for the boys best well being between the Air Force, The Bikers, The Police (not only in Telluride, but remember the LAPD is involved after their conversation with Barbara) and Helen, my money would be on Helen :P . I think she'd kick some serious a$$.

Steve B)

The more I think about it the more I realize it's been a while since we've heard anything significant from Scar. Maybe he's having problems with his plans to bribe his way into power. I don't think he actually has the money yet. So he's got to be discussing his plans with the leaders of the military. Scar wants to be in absolute control but the military doesn't want to cede total control/authority to Scar.

B) ............Interestingly enough the title "Disputed Authority" will work well with both scenarios "Barney Fife and the General" in Telluride. And "Scar and the Generals" in Paraguay. It all misdirection in the evil plots of twist & turns by Goat.

[...]

The other guess is that it may involve the one woman that some people love to hate. Helen. Helen likes to think of all the guys as 'her boys', and I don't think she may take kindly to others trying to take control of their lives or destinies. If it was a battle for the boys best well being between the Air Force, The Bikers, The Police (not only in Telluride, but remember the LAPD is involved after their conversation with Barbara) and Helen, my money would be on Helen :P . I think she'd kick some serious a$$.

Steve B)

Aw Steve. You should have gone ahead and mentioned me by name. :D I do like your theory because it makes sense. No doubt there will be lots of agencies, etc. trying to take control of her boys. If you're right and Helen prevails it just might convince me that I've been wrong about Helen all along. Meh. She'll still be a bitch, but in a good way. ;)

Maybe the title could cover both scenarios...Helen's boys and Scar's issues. shrug.gif

Steve B)

B) ...............Didn't Helen lose to the boys last two decisions? On their suspicions of Jerry and money for the bikers? I think Helen has other worries, predominant being their welfare, after this latest assassination attempt the General is going to scoop the group to some nice facility, for their safety of course.

Aw Steve. You should have gone ahead and mentioned me by name. :D I do like your theory because it makes sense. No doubt there will be lots of agencies, etc. trying to take control of her boys. If you're right and Helen prevails it just might convince me that I've been wrong about Helen all along. Meh. She'll still be a bitch, but in a good way. ;)

Maybe the title could cover both scenarios...Helen's boys and Scar's issues. shrug.gif

I don't like Helen either. I was the one who wanted to start Helen Must Die. She is a little too cross for a manager. I think she forgets that she works for them and not the opposite way around. She also tends to be cruel to Eric by ruining his fun. :angry:

I don't like Helen either. I was the one who wanted to start Helen Must Die. She is a little too cross for a manager. I think she forgets that she works for them and not the opposite way around. She also tends to be cruel to Eric by ruining his fun. :angry:

B) .....So what are you going to do Tiger? Write her in one of your stories and kill her off?

• Site Administrator

I can't help to look back and recall that in FTL, CJ created a character that many of his readers did not like. Many even suggested that he be killed off. Then the goat in his misdirection wrote Eric to be the unexpected hero to save the day.

Now to the present, we have a character who is dislike by a few people and may have suggested CJ kill them off too. It would be ironic to have Helen as the unsung hero of this story.

As far as my feelings of Helen, I can't help to think she may be the glue holding the group together. Can you imagine four guys between the age of 18 and 22 (?), who could make it in the world of rock n' roll without someone 'handling' them to a certain extent. I know there is tons of people this age that are more than capable and mature enough to take care of their own affairs, but lets get serious, four teen and post teen boys taking care of everything??? I don't think so. I think Helen is a good mix with the boys.

I can't help to look back and recall that in FTL, CJ created a character that many of his readers did not like. Many even suggested that he be killed off. Then the goat in his misdirection wrote Eric to be the unexpected hero to save the day.

Now to the present, we have a character who is dislike by a few people and may have suggested CJ kill them off too. It would be ironic to have Helen as the unsung hero of this story.

As far as my feelings of Helen, I can't help to think she may be the glue holding the group together. Can you imagine four guys between the age of 18 and 22 (?), who could make it in the world of rock n' roll without someone 'handling' them to a certain extent. I know there is tons of people this age that are more than capable and mature enough to take care of their own affairs, but lets get serious, four teen and post teen boys taking care of everything??? I don't think so. I think Helen is a good mix with the boys.

B) .......Finally another voice of reason!! The band needs Helen, she reconizes Brandon is the more mature one and bows to him every so often, but Eric needs to be watched. Besides, CJ has killed enough people.

I think some are too harsh on Helen, she needs to control them a bit, or hell might brake lose, look what could of happened with the whole senators daughter thing.

exactly, I personally don't understand why many people here are so harsh on Helen. I mean, she's not horrible, she doesn't abuse on the boys, she treats them as her kids!

She's good at what she do and it certainly helped Instinct to be where they are now and they will still need someone like her to oversee them, to clean up their mess.

exactly, I personally don't understand why many people here are so harsh on Helen. I mean, she's not horrible, she doesn't abuse on the boys, she treats them as her kids!

She's good at what she do and it certainly helped Instinct to be where they are now and they will still need someone like her to oversee them, to clean up their mess.

B) ........Must be a Freudian thing about women :P:P:P

I agree with these points! Helen isn't so bad at all, IMO.

I'll admit to having a problem with bossy women. rofl.gif

I was going to get you a dominatrix for your birthday. I will scratch that idea off my list. evil-smirk.gif

I just think Helen is too hard on Eric. So what if he drinks too much and snogs cute boyz? 0:)

Added: Benji, I already have a goat in one of my stories. If he misbehaves too much, something bad might happen. :evil:

Edited by Tiger
  • Site Moderator
Added: Benji, I already have a goat in one of my stories. If he misbehaves too much, something bad might happen. :evil:

And he just might let me do it.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..