C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 40

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good chapter :)

Warning Spoiler

So they Barbara found Gunter :( least they don't have to worry anymore.

Wonder who the bullet wounded body is, probably Mario.

Edited by Drewbie

OK, I guess I can start making comments now.

First:

they exited and locked the vehicle with their guns inside

Later while observing the house:

If one of them resists and needs to be shot, then we would have to go with my plan.

Mario and Dimitri left the guns in the car so what are they gonna shoot with and where did the automatic weapons fire come from?

Edited by GaryInMiami
  • Site Administrator

Wow, it looks like things are just beginning to heat up!!!

First off, thanks for the chapter CJ :great: .

Now that Gunter has been ID'd as being dead, I will be in mourning for a while, what a sad day. I guess the only thing positive was that CJ decided not to sacrifice a Canada Goose, but choose a Greylag, which has definitely opened up a whole bunch of questions for the Air Force.

I'm beginning to hope that Mario is the one that is dead in the field as he seems to be just one FU after another. But if it is Dimitri, that means one less person with a code for the real bombs.

As far as Dimitri and Mario leaving their guns in the SUV, I took it as they were originally on a scouting mission. They mentioned they would return later that night.

The two men looked into each other

First:

If one of them resists and needs to be shot, then we would have to go with my plan.

Mario and Dimitri left the guns in the car so what are they gonna shoot with and where did the automatic weapons fire come from?

I'm not sure how I can answer this without a spoiler. All I can say is that if it's Dimitri and Mario, then they would have driven their SUV down closer to the ranch for the attack. They'd have needed to make a faster getaway than going on foot would have allowed. :)

As far as Dimitri and Mario leaving their guns in the SUV, I took it as they were originally on a scouting mission. They mentioned they would return later that night.

You could be right. It might just be assumed they returned to the Suburban. But this line right after the discussion about the gun is what made me wonder about that:

ADDED: Fair enough CJ. But I think you've led us to believe the two men settled in to await the right time:

Edited by GaryInMiami
I'll be interested to learn what secrets you've got hidden in that goat hair of yours. :)

That thought is downright scary to me. :ph34r:

Let's see. Someone is more than likely dead, but we have no idea who that person is. It's funny that already the King of Evil Cliffhangers is denying that this is an evil cliffhanger. Clearly an unidentified death is an evil cliffhanger. Granted, we had a much more devious a few chapters back. However, I suspect things will become far more perilous before they improve. :evil:

• Site Moderator

First:

You could be right. It might just be assumed they returned to the Suburban. But this line right after the discussion about the gun is what made me wonder about that:

ADDED: Fair enough CJ. But I think you've led us to believe the two men settled in to await the right time:

But who else where carry ak-47's? instinct shouldn't let their guard down or any of the bikers after the cops are there...

Goat is safe for .....now, turns off the spit.

ACK! Drewbie NO! We need to keep it nice and ready should anything happen :ph34r:

we're watching you goat.

If I had to guess, I would say Mario is now dead. No one else in the area should have had a fully-automatic weapon, probably not even the military (who might be landing right in their property -- hehe that would be interesting). I say Mario only because I would imagine that Dimitri would send in Mario first to flush out any traps. He just sounds like that kind of bad guy, willing to sacrifice his own guys and such.

Keep the spit rolling -- they're not out of the clear yet. I wonder, if Dimitri and Mario both die would Scar go after them personally? His only other option would be to send a small army after them, which isn't very feasible at this point.

I'm not sure how I can answer this without a spoiler. All I can say is that if it's Dimitri and Mario, then they would have driven their SUV down closer to the ranch for the attack. They'd have needed to make a faster getaway than going on foot would have allowed. :)

B) .....Well that's a given, they were just scouting the area like they should have, I'm surprised that they didn't pay more attention to the band wandering to the other ranch, as "professionals" they badly played out the assault, (Very sloppy operation on their part) obviously Dimitri didn't think there was going to be chance of failure and wanted to get it over with with a direct assault. He should have had a starlight with his gear, I can imagine Mario standing there like "Rambo" firing off his AK-47 on full clip, he must have looked very surprised at the 21 gun salute that greeted him back. I bet he died with that look on his face, (mourners of Gunter, here's your revenge) I think Dimitri was trying to assault from the east and when Mario went down, he beat a hasty retreat, the band is safe for now. That leaves us with the military swooping in. How will Dimitri get out of there??

Edited by Benji
The track snaked around the back of the mountain spur which formed the ridge. After half an hour spent negotiating the washed-out, rock-strewn old mining road, they had covered barely a mile. Stopping at a rockfall that blocked the remainder of the road, they exited and locked the vehicle with their guns inside. Going armed would have been legal, but they had no desire to lug heavy and awkward weapons up rough terrain.

Looks like they had to go back to the SUV not only to get their weapons, but also to drive around to a different location to launch the assault since the road was blocked.

Good chapter, CJ! Plenty of action for even the most jaded of readers.

Edited by MikeL
First off, Good chapter CJ! I don't think you've ever given us an all bad chapter, so it was to be expected. :P

I would like to request a moment of silence in the memory of G

I feel bad for not thinking about that Sacha. You're quite right that we should all be both sad and grateful for the sacrifice Gunter made even though he didn't fully realize the awful fate he saved our guys (yeah, OK, Helen too) from.

there's nothing to feel bad about, it's easy to forget to mention, specially when everything is happening at the same time or almost...

Wow, it looks like things are just beginning to heat up!!!

First off, thanks for the chapter CJ :great: .

Now that Gunter has been ID'd as being dead, I will be in mourning for a while, what a sad day. I guess the only thing positive was that CJ decided not to sacrifice a Canada Goose, but choose a Greylag, which has definitely opened up a whole bunch of questions for the Air Force.

I'm a firm believer in saving the dramatic climax for a story's finale. :) Things might possibly become.. tense. :)

The Greylag Goose did indeed play a key role. :) Mario didn't know that there are different types of Geese. LoL. However, he'd have been hard pressed to find a Canada Goose quickly enough for his needs, i suspect. :)

My favorite bit was the General's question:

So, the bird was already dead and its blood had been re-liquefied. It was at twenty thousand feet, and oh, by the way, we have bomb residue. Does this sound like an accident to you, Captain?

Yep, dead birds usually don't fly along at 20k feet wearing bomb belts. :)

That thought is downright scary to me. :ph34r:

Let's see. Someone is more than likely dead, but we have no idea who that person is. It's funny that already the King of Evil Cliffhangers is denying that this is an evil cliffhanger. Clearly an unidentified death is an evil cliffhanger. Granted, we had a much more devious a few chapters back. However, I suspect things will become far more perilous before they improve. :evil:

It's just one measly mysterious bullet riddled body, that's not a cliffhanger! :P

First off, Good chapter CJ! I don't think you've ever given us an all bad chapter, so it was to be expected. :P

I would like to request a moment of silence in the memory of G

It's just one measly mysterious bullet riddled body, that's not a cliffhanger! :P

Then, I suppose you might be willing to concede that Chapter 10 of my story did not have an evil cliffhanger ending, right? 0:)

BTW, the next chapter is entitled "Disputed Authority". :)

Hmmmm... That sounds like an intriguing title. Is it Monday yet?

BTW, the next chapter is entitled "Disputed Authority". :)

Hmm. Are the AF, the local police and the bikers going to dispute who's in charge of security for the guys? If so I hope the bikers win, but I'm sure the AF will be the winner. National security and all that... shrug.gif

Hmm. Are the AF, the local police and the bikers going to dispute who's in charge of security for the guys? If so I hope the bikers win, but I'm sure the AF will be the winner. National security and all that... shrug.gif

I'm guessing it has more to do with The Scar.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..