1. 1. Pick who you think is the subject of this week's Cliffhanger by CJ

• Dimitri
    • Mario
    • One of the bikers
    • The General
    • An airforce personel we don''t know the name of
    • Other

• Site Moderator

I remember a few years ago, back in Indiana, someone broke into a neighbors house in the middle of the night. When the police arrived, they found the guy laying dead at the back door. The home owner shot the guy as he tried to run. No charges were filed against the owner.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to worry about ticking off this police detective unless you plan to break into his home. ;)

In reality I would empty my pistol into the intruder's chest. Gotta be sure he's really dead 'ya know. By the time I was done I doubt anyone would be able to tell which shot came first. I pray I never find myself in this situation. I don't want to take anyone's life. I'm just saying if I had to do it I know I could and would do it in such a way that I would be totally in the clear legally. I can't recall anyone ever being prosecuted in Florida for killing a home intruder except in cases where the home was booby-trapped to kill indiscriminately.

That's the best advice. Otherwise, the damn criminals can take you to court over the issue. :/ As we found out in 41, killing in self-defense can still get you into deep s**t, because it has to be proven. It's not always east to prove either.

That's the best advice. Otherwise, the damn criminals can take you to court over the issue. :/ As we found out in 41, killing in self-defense can still get you into deep s**t, because it has to be proven. It's not always east to prove either.

B) ........I had to laugh, cause dead men make lousy witness's and Barney Fife was a joke.

I remember a few years ago, back in Indiana, someone broke into a neighbors house in the middle of the night. When the police arrived, they found the guy laying dead at the back door. The home owner shot the guy as he tried to run. No charges were filed against the owner.

Yep, I'd guess it's rare in any state to prosecute some who was clearly an intruder in your home.

The criminal's family can still go after you in civil court. They'd be hard pressed to find a sympathetic judge or jury. If you kill someone in your home it's rather hard to argue it wasn't in self defense. I'd use a lot more caution if I were considering lethal action against someone on the street. I'd wait until I saw a knife or a gun. By that time though I'd be ready for action. Of course, simply pulling up my shirt to reveal my pistol might be all it takes to get someone to leave me alone. Then again some of these crack and meth crazed idiots we have around here might not realize the implications of seeing a gun flashed at them. On the street it's always a tough call when to use lethal force. There are so many courses on how to use a gun. I wish there were more courses on when to use a gun!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..