Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 41

B) ........Sorry to disillusion anyone, but the John Waynes in the movies are very few in true life. Those things can and have taken a nasty wrong bounce.

In other words, it might bounce back and kill Dimitri? I don't see what the problem is! shrug.gif;)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, it might bounce back and kill Dimitri? I don't see what the problem is! shrug.gif;)

B) .....There wouldn't be much of a chance of that happening if he can hurl it 2 miles away!!

B) .....There wouldn't be much of a chance of that happening if he can hurl it 2 miles away!!

How could he hurl it two miles? It would have to be a RPG in which case there's not much chance of it bouncing back.

How could he hurl it two miles? It would have to be a RPG in which case there's not much chance of it bouncing back.

B) .......Little dig on Bk's (#48) earlier post, which brought up the subject of hand grenades.

B) .......Little dig on Bk's (#48) earlier post, which brought up the subject of hand grenades.

Oh. It's OK to poke fun at BK. He can take it. ;)

What about using an RPG? Does it have enough power to take out everyone in the main house? I'll bet Jerry has one or two hidden in the hole in the wall where Dimitri got his original weapons from. All he needs to do is get back there before the military does.

What about using an RPG? Does it have enough power to take out everyone in the main house? I'll bet Jerry has one or two hidden in the hole in the wall where Dimitri got his original weapons from. All he needs to do is get back there before the military does.

B) ........The military already knows about Jerrys house, and with the 2nd attempt on the band you can bet the place is already staked out, so that's a no-go. I'm sure Scar could hook Dimitri up with some sleazy character within a reasonable distance.

B) ........The military already knows about Jerrys house, and with the 2nd attempt on the band you can bet the place is already staked out, so that's a no-go. I'm sure Scar could hook Dimitri up with some sleazy character within a reasonable distance.

Oh well. Clearly I'm not on top of my game today. I'm going back to beta-reading and editing. I should know better than to try and do too many things at once. embarrassed.gif

Im the one originally brought up hand grenades though, any who and land-minds are out of the question, that would take to much time, it might not be the right person. and wouldn't them all, plus the bikes might see that person.

This sounds crazy, if he has a airplane that has a gun, they could shoot up the house.

But Im sure Dimitri is going to try to find a way to kill them though.

Edited by Drewbie
Im the one originally brought up hand grenades though, any who and land-minds are out of the question, that would take to much time, it might not be the right person. and wouldn't them all, plus the bikes might see that person.

This sounds crazy, if he has a airplane that has a gun, they could shoot up the house.

But Im sure Dimitri is going to try to find a way to kill them though.

B) .......Opps! sorry about not crediting you! Airplane with guns? no more crazy than a revenge seeking flock of geese!

Edited by Benji
B) .......Opps! sorry about not crediting you! Airplane? no more crazy than a revege seeking flock of geese!

But Geese are evil :P

And i'm not talking about a jet fighter, I doubt he could get ahold of even a mig.

Am I correct that even though Dimitri isn't aware of it there is no longer any point in killing Instinct because they've already shared what they know with the military? The whole point of Dimitri killing Instinct was to prevent them from telling anyone what they knew or at least suspected.

But Geese are evil :P

And i'm not talking about a jet fighter, I doubt he could get ahold of even a mig.

B) .....Perhaps a vintage crop duster with a machine gun turret!!

Am I correct that even though Dimitri isn't aware of it there is no longer any point in killing Instinct because they've already shared what they know with the military? The whole point of Dimitri killing Instinct was to prevent them from telling anyone what they knew or at least suspected.

B) ..............That would have been my first idea, but why does the goat leave him in the story? Could have killed him off numerous times, he could have fallen of a cliff.

B) ..............That would have been my first idea, but why does the goat leave him in the story? Could have killed him off numerous times, he could have fallen of a cliff.

But we all know goats never go anywhere near cliffs. :P

• Site Moderator

He could always break into a construction or mining company and steal some dynamite and a plunger, bury it in the access road to the house and then sit back and wait for their vehicle to come along and blow it up as they drive over it. He's also need to be someplace far enough away from the blast, yet be able to have a clear path to make sure he gets the right vehicle.

He could always break into a construction or mining company and steal some dynamite and a plunger, bury it in the access road to the house and then sit back and wait for their vehicle to come along and blow it up as they drive over it. He's also need to be someplace far enough away from the blast, yet be able to have a clear path to make sure he gets the right vehicle.

B) .....Onimious sounding, not unlike the coyote and the road runner! Timeline running here, with Joe and the others arriving soon, the military has to send in troops. I'm at a loss at why the General hasn't done that yet. The whole area should have been swept thru by now.

But we all know goats never go anywhere near cliffs. :P

Neither do tigers. 0:)

Jan, I wouldn't put it past him doing something so evil. He does seem to relish explosions. :ph34r:

<_<

<_<<_< Ya, right...

:P

<_<

<_<<_< Ya, right...

B) ..........Hey what time is it over there?? And what are you doing still up?

:P

I think the goat is not the only one who likes explosions. All this talk about bombs is worrisome. :ph34r: I think you all want violence and destruction, not that I've ever desired such a thing. 0:)

I'm loving the speculation here!! I can't comment on what will happen, but this is great!!!

Okay, Dimitri does indeed have access to explosives; he's got hand grenades. :)

From Ch 39. Wheels within Wheels,

In one can, at the bottom, Dimitri found something that made him smile; a box of four MK3A2 hand grenades.

Of course, he may or may not find a way to use them, but he does have them. He's facing one heck of a bad tactical situation; he's facing a small army, and he's alone. Going in head-on would be suicide. One option would be an asymmetric attack, and the KGB spec-ops certainly did teach that sort of doctrine.

BTW, it is very true that Dimitri's reason for the hit has been negated by the information Instinct has passed to the Military. Avoiding the nuke hunt at specific locations is exactly the reason The Scar wanted them all dead. However, Dimitri may not be aware of what Instinct has told the Air Force. Were he to find out, he might very well just go away... and use his nuclear trigger. (if the discovery of the bombs was imminent, anyone think that Jerry or Dimitri would refrain from pushing the button?

I'm not saying they would, just asking the question. :) )

So, we have not just Instinct's fate, but that of Los Angeles and New York riding on what happens next. If Dimitri or Jerry learn of the searches at those sites, Instinct might survive but the cities might not.

BTW, a little about the V-22 Osprey; it has some major tactical weaknesses that I thought I'd mention (but in fairness, I should admit it's not relevant to the storyline). The first is that due to its great weight and small prop diamiter, the Osprey kicks up an enormous amount of dust on takeoff and landing. This can effectively blind the pilots, and has caused crashes. It also leads to dust entering the engine intakes, causing all manner of problems. A further weakness is ring stall; if maneuvered strongly during decent, one rotor can stall, causing the Osprey to flip over and crash. This is very, very bad for a combat vehicle (where frantic maneuvering might well be required). I can see a use for the V-22 in long range spec-ops, search and rescue, etc, but as a replacement for an assault helicopter in most roles, I think the V-22 is nuts.

(if the discovery of the bombs was imminent, anyone think that Jerry or Dimitri would refrain from pushing the button?

So, we have not just Instinct's fate, but that of Los Angeles and New York riding on what happens next. If Dimitri or Jerry learn of the searches at those sites, Instinct might survive but the cities might not.

I doubt Scar and Dimitri have any compunction about blasting LA or NYC. They've already vaporized Toowoomba and enjoyed the pretty fireball; what fond attachment do they have for American cities?

Edited by MikeL
I'm loving the speculation here!! I can't comment on what will happen, but this is great!!!

B).........Could it be because ya'll left us hanging?

Okay, Dimitri does indeed have access to explosives; he's got hand grenades. :)

B)........About as useless as attacking a Sherman tank with a flyswatter.

Of course, he may or may not find a way to use them, but he does have them. He's facing one heck of a bad tactical situation; he's facing a small army, and he's alone. Going in head-on would be suicide. One option would be an asymmetric attack, and the KGB spec-ops certainly did teach that sort of doctrine.

B)..........I was speculating that, but I think it will also be a no-win situation.

BTW, it is very true that Dimitri's reason for the hit has been negated by the information Instinct has passed to the Military. Avoiding the nuke hunt at specific locations is exactly the reason The Scar wanted them all dead. However, Dimitri may not be aware of what Instinct has told the Air Force. Were he to find out, he might very well just go away... and use his nuclear trigger. (if the discovery of the bombs was imminent, anyone think that Jerry or Dimitri would refrain from pushing the button?

B)..........Cleverly there was no mention made if Dimitri even saw the Osprey.

:(............Depends on what evilness lies in the goats heart!

• Site Administrator

Hey, lots of great ideas :great: .

Back when I made the post about Dimitri, I was kind of thinking it would be a little ironic for officer Barney, to be driving down the road in a pissed off mood, and find a tired and hitch hiking Dimitri thumbing for a ride back to Teluride.

So while everyone dismissed Officer Barney for the bumbling idiot that he appears, it would be ironic if he just happens to arrest and takes down the second most dangerous person in the US.

I would imagine him putting up a bit of a fight turning over his prisoner to the General, but he'd do it just to get some satisfaction out of it.

Remember with CJ, you have to look for the most unlikely heros to appear in his stories :D

Steve B)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..