Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 41

Hey, lots of great ideas :great: .

Back when I made the post about Dimitri, I was kind of thinking it would be a little ironic for officer Barney, to be driving down the road in a pissed off mood, and find a tired and hitch hiking Dimitri thumbing for a ride back to Teluride.

So while everyone dismissed Officer Barney for the bumbling idiot that he appears, it would be ironic if he just happens to arrest and takes down the second most dangerous person in the US.

I would imagine him putting up a bit of a fight turning over his prisoner to the General, but he'd do it just to get some satisfaction out of it.

Remember with CJ, you have to look for the most unlikely heros to appear in his stories :D

Steve B)

Or let him have have a bit of revenge, just don't see dimitri going without a fight if they try to arrest.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, lots of great ideas :great: .

Back when I made the post about Dimitri, I was kind of thinking it would be a little ironic for officer Barney, to be driving down the road in a pissed off mood, and find a tired and hitch hiking Dimitri thumbing for a ride back to Teluride.

So while everyone dismissed Officer Barney for the bumbling idiot that he appears, it would be ironic if he just happens to arrest and takes down the second most dangerous person in the US.

I would imagine him putting up a bit of a fight turning over his prisoner to the General, but he'd do it just to get some satisfaction out of it.

Remember with CJ, you have to look for the most unlikely heros to appear in his stories :D

Steve B)

If Barney does arrest Dimitri, I hope he turns down Dimitri's request to "call his lawyer" on his own cell phone. :nuke:

• Site Moderator

There's always the possibility that Jerry had some C4 stashed with the weapons that we don't know about. But it could still take a while for Dimitri to get back to plant it.

Yea. Cops would need to destroy that cell, better yet don't let him use any phone.

B) ...........I do believe we are on to something here, it is likely we haven't heard the last from "Barney". It is just as likely that Dimitri & Barney hook up.

B) ...........I do believe we are on to something here, it is likely we haven't heard the last from "Barney". It is just as likely that Dimitri & Barney hook up.

That's an image I don't need in my head. vomit.gif

If the federal authorities find out who he is can't he be detained as a terrorist and denied any rights at all; including a phone call?

"Barney" might be an asshole, but he's still a cop. I just don't see this as a valid scenario.

Edited by GaryInMiami
If the federal authorities find out who he is can't he be detained as a terrorist and denied any rights at all; including a phone call?

"Barney" might be an asshole, but he's still a cop. I just don't see this as a valid scenario.

B) ......I'm not so sure about that, I think I'm beginning to understand the evil goat! :(

B) ......I'm not so sure about that, I think I'm beginning to understand the evil goat! :(

Last one who made such a claim was brought back into his cell by the nice men with their white coats, after they gave him the nice, painless shot..

Last one who made such a claim was brought back into his cell by the nice men with their white coats, after they gave him the nice, painless shot..

That shot was neither nice or painless! poke-poke.gif

I really don't know why anyone would say I'm evil??? How many times do I have to say it: Shadowgod and I are noit the same person!!!

:)

Okay, I wanted to mention that the chapter title, "Disputed Authority", was Graeme's brainchild. If you like it, he gets the credit, and if not, then it was my choice, so blame me. :)

And also, the title of the next chapter should be nice and relaxing... "Cold Steel".

CJ :)

How could he hurl it two miles? It would have to be a RPG in which case there's not much chance of it bouncing back.

I'm sure that in this context you don't mean "Role Playing Game" by RPG...but I don't know what it is then.

Am I correct that even though Dimitri isn't aware of it there is no longer any point in killing Instinct because they've already shared what they know with the military? The whole point of Dimitri killing Instinct was to prevent them from telling anyone what they knew or at least suspected.

That thought hadn't occurred to me! :*)

B) .....Onimious sounding, not unlike the coyote and the road runner! Timeline running here, with Joe and the others arriving soon, the military has to send in troops. I'm at a loss at why the General hasn't done that yet. The whole area should have been swept thru by now.

I was most surprised that the General didn't take them all to a secure location.

• Site Moderator
Am I correct that even though Dimitri isn't aware of it there is no longer any point in killing Instinct because they've already shared what they know with the military? The whole point of Dimitri killing Instinct was to prevent them from telling anyone what they knew or at least suspected.

There's a possibility that he may know it soon. Depending on the direction the Osprey flies, it could pass over, or close by, carrying Jerrys vehicle with it.

I'm sure that in this context you don't mean "Role Playing Game" by RPG...but I don't know what it is then.

B).......RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade)

I was most surprised that the General didn't take them all to a secure location.

B).............Absolutely, it beginning to look like we have mistake prone characters here.

Edited by Benji
I really don't know why anyone would say I'm evil??? How many times do I have to say it: Shadowgod and I are noit the same person!!!

Okay, I wanted to mention that the chapter title, "Disputed Authority", was Graeme's brainchild. If you like it, he gets the credit, and if not, then it was my choice, so blame me. :)

And also, the title of the next chapter should be nice and relaxing... "Cold Steel".

NIce title graeme :)

Next chapter seems like there will be another fight, cold steel sounds like it could be about a bullet, or the nukes.

I happen to like those titles. Graeme, it looks like you're another good chapter namer. :2thumbs:

Interesting... I will leave my musings on that for a more appropriate hour.

It's just a friendly, relaxed little title. :)

Rocket Propelled Grenade.

rpg.jpg

Dimitri wouldn't mind one, I'll bet, but he doesn't, per the text, have one. :)

He thought the danger was over. He's also a base commander; there are security risks to bringing civilians onto a military base.

One of those risks is Jerry finding out. (and knowing his bombs were about to be compromised) BUT, if so, dropping in in an Osprey wasn't his best choice. He also has reason to believe that they are well protected by their small army (50+) bikers. Or.. he made a mistake. :)

B).............Absolutely, it beginning to look like we have mistake prone characters here.

Could be! :)

:( ..................It doesn't make sense, but it sounds like "sneak up from behind and slash someones throat with a knife". Dimitri must be crazy.

:( ..................It doesn't make sense, but it sounds like "sneak up from behind and slash someones throat with a knife". Dimitri must be crazy.

How about someone picks up Dimitri while he's hitchhiking. The that poor someone gets knifed--cold steel--and now Dimitri has some method of transportation. I have no idea what he'll do with it though. Maybe find a pay phone (don't want the cellphone to get tracked and maybe have the service shut off) and make a threat to blow up LA unless Instinct and The Bitch

Edited by GaryInMiami
How about someone picks up Dimitri while he's hitchhiking. The that poor someone gets knifed--cold steel--and now Dimitri has some method of transportation. I have no idea what he'll do with it though. Maybe find a pay phone (don't want the cellphone to get tracked and maybe have the service shut off) and make a threat to blow up LA unless Instinct and The Bitch are turned over to him. This would ultimately be a futile gesture since Instinct has already shared the info that Scar wanted to keep secret, but as has been mentioned already Dimitri doesn't know that.

OK, I'll go make another double-espresso and wake-up before I post anymore. ;)

B) .......Yeah, ok that works, guess I was stuck in the "Dimitri must finish the mission mode".

How about someone picks up Dimitri while he's hitchhiking. The that poor someone gets knifed--cold steel--and now Dimitri has some method of transportation. I have no idea what he'll do with it though. Maybe find a pay phone (don't want the cellphone to get tracked and maybe have the service shut off) and make a threat to blow up LA unless Instinct and The Bitch
Perhaps he overpowers and kills the two deputies, dons a uniform and uses the patrol car to drive back to Instinct's house where he passes himself off as the sheriff. He would, of course be immediately recognized by the boys as Jerry's associate.

How was your coffee?

B) .......There is still a little matter of all those bikers, he would be armed with what? 1 AK-47, a 9mm pistol and maybe the deputies guns & poosibly a shotgun. If he did a hit & run, the bikers would easily overtake him.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..