Real-time strategy games

Tiger

Real-time strategy games  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like real-time strategy games?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is a real-time strategy game?
  2. 2. What is your favorite real-time strategy game series?

• Ages of Empire (including Ages of Mythology)
    • Empire Earth
    • Rise of Nations
    • Other (please specify)

Okay, I am addicted to real-time strategy games. Basically you build an empire, and then it is time to build up the army. Soon you start attacking other empires and taking them over. I happen to love this kind of game. I can play games like that for hours. One of them happens to be Rise of Nations. That is probably my favorite. I also liked Ages of Empire II. I used to play it for hours. Empire Earth was another good one. I think that one has the best ships. There are others. Ensemble studios is working on Halo Wars, a real-time strategy game based on the Halo Series. I am definitely looking forward to playing that one for hours.

I used to be totally addicted to Age of Empires II. I actually didn't really care for the build-up-your-empire / slaughter-others thing, although that was actually very fun as well. I was more into creating your own scenarios / campaigns. Considering me, that's actually very unsurprising. 0:) There was something about the atmosphere of the game, forests and mediaeval things and stuff, that drew me in. Anyway I haven't played it in ages, but I have very fond memories. :)

• Site Administrator

The problem with your poll is that you didn't give an answer for people, like me, who voted "No" for the first question. Since I answered no, I obviously don't have a favourite one :P

I like strategy games, but not real-time ones. I have, in the past, had lots of fun with games such as Civilisation (II & III), Master of Magic, Lords of Magic and Sim City. I haven't looked at any of the newer ones, as I rarely get the time to play them anymore. Okay, to be fair, I don't feel like playing them anymore, because there are other things I would prefer to spend my time doing :) Like reading and writing ;)

When I'm done working for the day the last thing I want to do is spend more time at the computer playing games. I am totally clueless about computer-based strategy games.

I like real time stratagy games, I really do, but I think I prefer the older games like Urban Chaos, which I have yet to beat, and Syphone Filter. Let met tell you, you HAVE to have a memory card otherwise you end up going through all the levels again just to get to the one you want.

Real time stratagy is all good and well, but like I said, I'll stick with just stratagy games.

I like turn based strategy games like Civilization, Alpha Centuri or Steel Panthers.

Real time games are a pain because it is so hard to keep track of everything that is going on.

In turn based games you can develop a plan and execute it. Real time games seem chaotic and confusing. I could never get into them.

When i first played a turn-based strategy game, I just wanted to slam my head against my desk. I more a RTS type of gamer. The games which i like to play are:

Age of Empires (All versions)

Rise of Nations (and its expansion sets)

Empire Earth I

Command & Conquer

and of course my number on favorite which i do not currenlty have since my little brother loaned out the disks to one of his little friends:

Starcraft

I used to enjoy playing Age of Empires 2, but mostly either making my own scenario's (very bad) or downloading scenario's from heavengames (some of which are brilliant... far better than the campaigns that come with the game).

Command and Conquer: Tiberian/Tiberium Sun (can't remember how to spell the t-word). Never managed to complete the campaigns for this game, even though I bought it the year it came out. Pretty much once every year I get the game out, determined to complete it, get to the last mission on both campaigns, then get bored and uninstall :P

Company of Heroes is also a great RTS. They messed up a few things with the expansion but apart from that its great.

I also like playing quite a few turn-based games as well, though. The Civilisation series is great. Played Civ3 loads and recently treated myself to Civ4 :D . Total War series is pretty good as well.

and of course my number on favorite which i do not currenlty have since my little brother load out the disks to one of his little friends:

Starcraft

Likewise. The solo mode isn't all that amazingly wondrous, but oh sweet Jeebus it's so much fun to play with/against friends. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I love these games. All day today i was playing Age Of Empires 3. Me and Amelia Black :) I was having a blast in the campaigns. I was playing a skirmish me and 3 computers versus 4 other computers(im weird and will pick the people who don't remind me of terrorists to be on my team) And Maurice the dutchman was on my team and kept saying "Oh my little upstart" anything i did good he would be like "Oh my little upstart you learn fast!" kinda deal. The queen of England was on my team as well and she was losing her base horribly so i was sending alot of my army to protect her because my base was rocking!!!! Hell i had a wall from my base all the way to hers and around hers and she kept saying "Clearly you are the strength of this alliance" and then we won!!! and the next game she goes "I feel rather embarrassed about my performance that last round please accept my appologies" MAN was i laughing so hard!!!.

I usually play A E O or Starcraft at 3 times a week with my 2 friends i will bring my laptop over and the 3 of us will be on a team agianst the computers. I wont let them play free for all because the 2 friends always gang up on me.

Starcraft i can never build fast enough and just when i think im doing good turns out the other teams are after me and one of my friends will have to come and save me for awhile. Everything happens so fast and if we are playing Slow Mode then i get mad! So we have to play fast mode and if i lose i lose. I just cant stand the lag and the lag if its already in slow mow.

LOL everyone plays these games we will have to host 1 one night :) Multiplayer theres 8 slots :)