Personal Hygiene  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How Often do you shower?

• Once a week
    • 2 to 5 times a week
    • Once a day
    • Twice a day
    • Three or more times a day
  2. 2. Do you use Anti Persperant and/or Deodorant?

• I use AP/Deo
    • I use Deodorant only
    • I use baking powder
    • I go natural
  3. 3. Do you wear Cologne, Perfume, and/or Body Spray

• Daily Cologne/Perfume only
    • Cologne or Perfume on special occasions
    • Daily Cologne/Perfume AND Body Spray
    • No scent, just natural

There were some interesting comments in the Scent topic which made me wonder about people's hygiene habits.

Personally, I shower two to 3 times a day (once in the morning before work, once after my lunch hour workout, and then usually in the evening after biking/rollerblading or some other activity that has made me sweat.

I also wear AP/Deo on a daily basis out of necessity (I'll stink if I don't).

Ocassionally I'll use Cologne or body spray, but that's usually if I'm going 'out' :D

Edited by NaperVic

There were some interesting comments in the Scent topic which made me wonder about people's hygiene habits.

Personally, I shower two to 3 times a day (once in the morning before work, once after my lunch hour workout, and then usually in the evening after biking/rollerblading or some other activity that has made me sweat.

I also wear AP/Deo on a daily basis out of necessity (I'll stink if I don't).

Ocassionally I'll use Cologne or body spray, but that's usually if I'm going 'out' :D

Well I shower or bathe either once or twice daily most of the time. Regrettably I don't get quite as much exercise as Vic does, but I usually try to exercise a bit at least once a day either at the very end or beginning and have a shower or bath afterward. I do make it a point to shower after every period of sweating.

I also apply AP/Deo after each bath/shower.

As for cologne or body spray, I generally put something on each morning and definitely if I'm going to be going out.

-Kevin

I bathe most days. Sometimes I don't do anything sweaty or dusty so I skip a day. I think its important to keep pretty clean but the little kid in me can still apreciate getting muddy in the back yard.

I like deoderant but colognes make me sneeze. Its also a little weird when I'm eating a turkey sandwich and smelling flowers,musk, or fruit.

I shower once a day, in the morning :P Since some time I started doing some push ups, but I do that right before I step into the shower :P

I do go swimming twice a week as well, in the evening, but I shower there...

I only use Deodorant :P But that's mostly because my mum doesn't want to buy me AP stuff, because, and I do agree with her, it stops your perspiration, so your pores get stuck because they can't clean themselves with sweat... And as long as you wear Deo, it won't smell... And I only sweat profusely when in stressy situations, lol :P Then I have wet patches under each arm :wacko:

I don't use cologne when going to school etc, but I do when going out or going to a party or an oral examination :P I think it would lose its meaning of special occasion if I used it each day... And I'm too lazy in the morning to do it as well :P

I only use Deodorant :PBut that's mostly because my mum doesn't want to buy me AP stuff, because, and I do agree with her, it stops your perspiration, so your pores get stuck because they can't clean themselves with sweat... And as long as you wear Deo, it won't smell... And I only sweat profusely when in stressy situations, lol :P Then I have wet patches under each arm :wacko:

There's also been studies possibly linking the aluminum in it to Alzheimer's disease. I'm not vouching for their authenticity and it's been awhile since I read them, but it's interesting. After reading this I bought plain old deodorant and tried it...didn't like it at all. Decided the antiperspirant stuff was worth the risk. :lol:

There's also been studies possibly linking the aluminum in it to Alzheimer's disease. I'm not vouching for their authenticity and it's been awhile since I read them, but it's interesting. After reading this I bought plain old deodorant and tried it...didn't like it at all. Decided the antiperspirant stuff was worth the risk. :lol:

Ah, when you get Alzheimer you probably won't remember that you have Alzheimer :P

And each to their preferences :P World would be dull if we all liked the same :P

At the moment I'm stuck with regular deodorant and it's driving me f**king nutty. I can't stand it, and I'm just the kinda guy that sweats easy anyway. Combine that with Mississippi summer heat and humidity, and you've got a recipe for a drenched shirt. It makes me feel absolutely repulsive, and I've been taking steps to minimize my exposure to the outdoors because of it.

This weekend, I will remedy that when I go get junk I need from Wally-world. ~nods~

Also, I use body spray every day. Why? Because it also helps to kill bacteria on the skin and keep you smelling fresh. I have a favorite flavor of axe I use on a daily basis... and no, I do not drench myself. That is on the same level with the chicks that fumigate rooms by walking into them. Besides, it seems that other people like my flavor of axe since everyone who hugs me always tells me how great I smell. ~shrug~

I shower daily or every other day, depending. Every other day is when I haven't left the room and won't be leaving the room and have no reason to shower. Luckily I'm not the kind of guy that starts smelling bad hours after a shower.

I also recycle my jeans before I wash them, assuming they're not dirty/I haven't gotten them sweaty. :) Reminds me, need to buy decent clothing soon. Everything but my t-shirts is too big, and my grandma bought me a couple pairs of jeans a lil while back that fit well and a pair of nice khakis, but I have nothing that matches, and my shoes are falling apart. ~sigh~ Must... find... sugar-daddy...

I shower in the morning, after my work out in the afternoon, and again at night just to relax and such. I do apply lotion, body spray, and perfume as well as an AP/Deo, overall I pick scents that blend nicely for an overall good smell. I like to feel, smell, and be clean and I hate to sweat absolutely cannot stand to sweat, I have to change clothes if I sweat in those clothes. I'm a girl, so I strive to smell pretty 24/7. :)

I shower in the morning after my workout, then again either after school or after work, depending onif I have to work that day or not. Then I always shower before bed. If I don't, I can't get comfortable. I always put AP/deoderant on and I give myself a little shot of Armani Black before I go anywhere. Also, I only use a certain kind of wax in my hair because the smell works well with my cologne.

I never wear the same thing twice without it being washed...hell, sometimes I never wear the same thing twice even when it has been washed.

I shower in the morning, after my work out in the afternoon, and again at night just to relax and such. I do apply lotion, body spray, and perfume as well as an AP/Deo, overall I pick scents that blend nicely for an overall good smell. I like to feel, smell, and be clean and I hate to sweat absolutely cannot stand to sweat, I have to change clothes if I sweat in those clothes. I'm a girl, so I strive to smell pretty 24/7. :)

A noble effort :)

I shower in the morning after my workout, then again either after school or after work, depending onif I have to work that day or not. Then I always shower before bed. If I don't, I can't get comfortable. I always put AP/deoderant on and I give myself a little shot of Armani Black before I go anywhere. Also, I only use a certain kind of wax in my hair because the smell works well with my cologne.

That is such a good idea! Only the other day I thought, "now I'm going to end up smelling like this product instead of my cologne!" I'm going to have to look into this smell coordinating thing you've got going on!

A noble effort :)

That is such a good idea! Only the other day I thought, "now I'm going to end up smelling like this product instead of my cologne!" I'm going to have to look into this smell coordinating thing you've got going on!

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree wax has a funny smell I don't like. I got it last year and I felt like a sprig of oregano or something. I like the original Paul Mitchell hair wax...it smells better and it's cheaper than the tea tree crap. :)

Shower once a day, minimum...In summers, twice a day...

Deo/AP...Always..

Perfumes/Cologne... Only on special occasions..

:)

BeaStKid

P.S

I cut my nails regularly as well... :P

Shower once a day, minimum...In summers, twice a day...

Deo/AP...Always..

Perfumes/Cologne... Only on special occasions..

:)

BeaStKid

P.S

I cut my nails regularly as well... :P

B) ..............Jesus!! The topics you guys come up with! :P I'll bite, of course I shower every morning, using deoderant, some body spray, hair is kinda of shaggy right now. Shower if I'm going out in evening.

I shower at least once a day, sometimes more. I also happen to use deodorant/anti-perspirant and sometimes I use cologne (and not just on special occasions). However, I still smell good regardless, because I happen to use body wash that smells good. :)

Edited by Tiger

My ultimate fear is that I'm going to smell and won't even know it :blink: .

I don't know if I'm stereotyping, but the people who tend to smell are usually older. They might be so used to their odor that they don't realize that they are reeking of B.O.

It could be a matter of never getting into the habit of wearing AP/Deo or maybe it's that old school fear of the plague days that bathing spread the disease.

My ultimate fear is that I'm going to smell and won't even know it :blink: .

I don't know if I'm stereotyping, but the people who tend to smell are usually older. They might be so used to their odor that they don't realize that they are reeking of B.O.

It could be a matter of never getting into the habit of wearing AP/Deo or maybe it's that old school fear of the plague days that bathing spread the disease.

lol...my grandpa smells like garlic all the time because he eats it with every meal. It's not so much a BO odor so much as it is a oniony/garlicky scent that he leaves behind in every room. He had a heart attack a couple years ago and ever since then, he's been on this "Garlic heals everything" kick. He even makes a protien shake for a snack in the blender and adds garlic to it :/

Heh, you guys make me sound like a slob, but I say you're all hyper-hygienic. :P There's just this lil limit I have about how dirty I can get without hopping into the shower. Of course, just like the rest of the world, I might make a bit more effort if I'll be out and about that day. Generally it's a shower in the morning and that's it.

Of course, I'm like Krista... sweating just... perturbs me. That's the reason I'm hating that damned devil deodorant. If my shirt gets damp/wet from sweat... it's gotta come off, ASAP, and I will skip class, drop appointments, whatever I have to do to have the time to go back and change clothes. That's just a matter of personal comfort. Generally I still don't smell bad, but just ew ew ew ew, nobody wants to hug you if you're sweaty. If they do, pretty sure that's a fetish.

Heh, you guys make me sound like a slob, but I say you're all hyper-hygienic. :P There's just this lil limit I have about how dirty I can get without hopping into the shower. Of course, just like the rest of the world, I might make a bit more effort if I'll be out and about that day. Generally it's a shower in the morning and that's it.

Of course, I'm like Krista... sweating just... perturbs me. That's the reason I'm hating that damned devil deodorant. If my shirt gets damp/wet from sweat... it's gotta come off, ASAP, and I will skip class, drop appointments, whatever I have to do to have the time to go back and change clothes. That's just a matter of personal comfort. Generally I still don't smell bad, but just ew ew ew ew, nobody wants to hug you if you're sweaty. If they do, pretty sure that's a fetish.

LOL. :P

As for me, I take a shower 1-2 times a day depending on whether I'm going out or how hot it is. I too cannot stand the feeling of my shirt clinging to my body due to sweat.

I use AP/Deo and Shea Butter at night. Really good for your skin.

lol...my grandpa smells like garlic all the time because he eats it with every meal. It's not so much a BO odor so much as it is a oniony/garlicky scent that he leaves behind in every room. He had a heart attack a couple years ago and ever since then, he's been on this "Garlic heals everything" kick. He even makes a protien shake for a snack in the blender and adds garlic to it :/

WOW! That's alota garlic! :blink:

My grandpa is like that about tomatoes! He thinks tomatoes will heal everything! On the other hand he is really healthy for his age so maybe he's right :P

Anyway, at least they don't have an odor!

Perhaps you should start carrying extra shirts in your schoolbag?

LOL. :P

As for me, I take a shower 1-2 times a day depending on whether I'm going out or how hot it is. I too cannot stand the feeling of my shirt clinging to my body due to sweat.

I use AP/Deo and Shea Butter at night. Really good for your skin.

Shea Butter is good stuff! :D

I love the way it smells too!

Edited by AFriendlyFace

At the moment I'm stuck with regular deodorant and it's driving me f**king nutty. I can't stand it, and I'm just the kinda guy that sweats easy anyway. Combine that with Mississippi summer heat and humidity, and you've got a recipe for a drenched shirt. It makes me feel absolutely repulsive, and I've been taking steps to minimize my exposure to the outdoors because of it.

Relax Razor. Hot, sweaty men is a big time fetish in the gay community. :lmao:

(although you're still just a pup)

Relax Razor. Hot, sweaty men is a big time fetish in the gay community. :lmao:

(although you're still just a pup)

Hot and sweaty is one thing, but there's also a point where a guy just stinks, especially in the armpits. :wacko:

Alright, let see.

I usually shower once a day. But if I go out side and do anything, I end up showering again as long as I don't have to go out again. If I go out with family, yes, I do shower as part of my getting ready ritual.

In this heat, I don't sweat quite all that much, but I don't use AP. I use deo and that's it. I'm allergic to what's ever used in AP and I'm lucky I can use deo. As for body sprays, I use them often, when I'm not using deo that is. Perfumes on the other hand, not so much. My perfumes are rather expensive and very hard to find, so I end up using the cheaper bottles, which are around 20 dollars a pop, for when I go out or family gatherings.

• Site Moderator

I usually shower once a day and usually when I get home from work. Given where I work, in the summer you can work up a sweat just walking thru the production area. Doesn't matter if you AP, you still sweat in the pits. There's been times that I've sweat so bad, I can't stand to be around myself.

Once a day, but today I showered another two times because I was sweating like a pig (it's *hot* outside!!) and sometimes I skip a day (esp. on weekends when I'm not going to see anyone) because I really didn't get sweaty at all. Somehow I don't get sweaty as easily if I'm not going to see people, haha.

In the winter I take an extra bath sometimes because it's cold. Actually, quite often. I love my bathtub..... :D

Procyon, it does not hurt to take an extra shower on the really hot days. I certainly do at times. June is hotter than... <insert crude cliche>. Anyway, I really am not a summer or winter person. Spring passed way too quickly. <_<