Forever begins again

darkfoxprime

July 17, 1991 - Forever begins

July 17, 2008 - Forever begins again

Today, I'm getting married to the most wonderful man I've ever known. We met 17 years ago when a mutual friend pushed us together, asking each of us to comfort the other. We fell in love within the first hour of speaking to each other on the phone. An hour after that, I was making plans to drive the 200 miles from my college to his college to see him the next day. That day, July 17, 1991, I gave my heart to him.

This morning at 10am PDT, I get to do it legally.

Thanks to the California Supreme Court's ruling of May 15, 2008, it is unconsistitutional in the state of California to bar marriage licenses from gay men and women, on the grounds that (summarized) civil ceremonies are an equal but separate institution and therefore violate the state constitution.

Today, on the 17th anniversary that my fiance' and I have been together, we are getting married.

I am the happiest man alive right now.

And the most nervous.

July 17, 1991 - Forever begins

July 17, 2008 - Forever begins again

Today, I'm getting married to the most wonderful man I've ever known. We met 17 years ago when a mutual friend pushed us together, asking each of us to comfort the other. We fell in love within the first hour of speaking to each other on the phone. An hour after that, I was making plans to drive the 200 miles from my college to his college to see him the next day. That day, July 17, 1991, I gave my heart to him.

This morning at 10am PDT, I get to do it legally.

Thanks to the California Supreme Court's ruling of May 15, 2008, it is unconsistitutional in the state of California to bar marriage licenses from gay men and women, on the grounds that (summarized) civil ceremonies are an equal but separate institution and therefore violate the state constitution.

Today, on the 17th anniversary that my fiance' and I have been together, we are getting married.

And the most nervous.

B) ............A big congratulations to you both, I know how hard it is to stay together for a long time, and 17 years just proves it. Congratulations again!!!!!!!!

Today, I'm getting married to the most wonderful man I've ever known.

And the most nervous.

*throws virtual rice*

Congratulations!!!!!! :D

That's great news! Congratulations!!! I always love hearing about couples who stay together a long time, and the fact that you met so long ago and fell in love instantly is the sweetest thing ever. It's almost one of those romantic stories us authors are always writing about, but rarely happens these days. It's nice to know that it still exists.

Not to mention, driving 200 miles...wow, talk about dedication. :D

Hugs! :wub:

• Site Administrator

:king: :king: :king: Congratulations! :king: :king: :king:

There's nothing more to say :wub:

Wow that is so freaking awesome!. 17 years ago you meet. 17 Years being engaged and now today your gonna get married on the 17th of July that is just awesome. I'm like blown away. *sends you a virtual toaster*

Edited by Mattie

Oh wow! This is so wonderful!!! :great::2thumbs::music::worship:

Congrats to you both! I'm so happy for you guys :D

You'll have to let us know all about it when you get back :)

:hug::hug:

Best wishes for an even longer and happier life together!!!

-Kevin

jordan_almonds.jpg

In Italy, at weddings, they give out Jordan Almonds with a saying something to the effect of "For the sweet and also for the bitter." Many , many congratulations and many happy years together through both the sweet and the bitter.

:-)