Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes - Chapter 5

I got the impression that Eric was just using Cody and San Francisco as an excuse to get to the Canary Islands undetected. Did I read that completely wrong? :unsure:

B) .......No you did not get that wrong, that was the 'plan', CJ just misdirected as usual

The impression I got was that Eric was greatly affected by the neer miss in the air plane and the battle with the Scar. Seeing Brandon and Chase work as one unit probably got him thinking. In a crisis they had each other and he was facing things by himself. It seems like he never gave any thought to who he was sleeping with and why. I suspect that he will be more concerned with the sort of person he dates than the gender of that person.

• Site Moderator

Cody was just the excuse that Eric used for going to SF. As far as I know, Eric doesn't know where Cody lives. He's just assuming that he lives in SF since that's where they met.

Oh, wait. There would have been the money Eric promised.

B) .......No you did not get that wrong, that was the 'plan', CJ just misdirected as usual

I have to agree I even looked up misdirection in the dictionary and found a picture of a goat next to it ;)

I suspect that he may visit Cody before leaving town. I could be wrong though.

Hmmmm... didn't think of that...

Nope, you read it right. :)

Uh-huh... i'll take the shadowyness one's over yours

see... evil goat, turned poor Cody into nothing more then an excuse for misadventure.

and you say I'm evil...

pfftt

You're not evil... compared to CJ you're the Diet Coke of Evil (just one calorie, not evil enough ;) )

Eric, don't tempt him. Shadowgod is capable of evil cliffhangers and misdirection. If you keep telling him that he's not evil, he's going to be tempted to prove you wrong. :ph34r:

Edited by Tiger

I personally don't think Cody is going to make an appearance in the next chapter of Changing Lanes, and here's why: The timelines of Changing Lanes and D&CW are off. Far off. D&CW is in the past compared to CL, even though they both exist in the same "universe".

So it's quite simple, really: If Cody shows up in the next little while in CL, it would be a huge spoiler for D&CW. No matter what happens. Unavoidable, really. And we all know that CJ and Shadowgod would get their butts kicked for that kind of spoiler, which is why it'll never happen.

Gay, straight, bi, whatever, Eric is just using Cody as an excuse at this point. If he ends up with a guy, I suspect it'll be with someone in the CL timeline, not with Cody.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. (At least, unless proven wrong).

Edited by Cynical Romantic
I have to agree I even looked up misdirection in the dictionary and found a picture of a goat next to it ;)

You're not evil... compared to CJ you're the Diet Coke of Evil (just one calorie, not evil enough ;) )

Huh!!?!! Ummm, did somebody Tequila you, Eric? :P You know I'm not evil... 0:)

And bewares... Tiger is right.. Don't tempt Shadowyness.. Remember LiS 26? <shudder>

I personally don't think Cody is going to make an appearance in the next chapter of LTMP, and here's why: The timelines of LTMP and D&CW are off. Far off. D&CW is in the past compared to LTMP, even though they both exist in the same "universe".

So it's quite simple, really: If Cody shows up in the next little while in LTMP, it would be a huge spoiler for D&CW. No matter what happens. Unavoidable, really. And we all know that CJ and Shadowgod would get their butts kicked for that kind of spoiler, which is why it'll never happen.

Gay, straight, bi, whatever, Eric is just using Cody as an excuse at this point. If he ends up with a guy, I suspect it'll be with someone in the LTMP timeline, not with Cody.

I can only address one point of this without giving spoilers. That point is the timeline. You are 100% correct on that; the Changing Lanes Timeline is months ahead of DnCW. However, this does not preclude future interaction; the timelines should sync up again around chapter 50 of Dreams and Cliffed wings. Also, there might be other interaction, of a limited nature, that can occur much sooner without being a spoiler. You'll see. :) Good catch on the timeline!!

CJ :)

I personally don't think Cody is going to make an appearance in the next chapter of LTMP, and here's why: The timelines of LTMP and D&CW are off. Far off. D&CW is in the past compared to LTMP, even though they both exist in the same "universe".

So it's quite simple, really: If Cody shows up in the next little while in LTMP, it would be a huge spoiler for D&CW. No matter what happens. Unavoidable, really. And we all know that CJ and Shadowgod would get their butts kicked for that kind of spoiler, which is why it'll never happen.

Gay, straight, bi, whatever, Eric is just using Cody as an excuse at this point. If he ends up with a guy, I suspect it'll be with someone in the LTMP timeline, not with Cody.

B) .....Ahh, First of all the sequel is titled : 'Changing Lanes' His Shadowynes has picked the subtitles to bring us to the brink of disaster. AAcck the goat may be right on this one.

*Rushes back to edit post*. Dammit, been drinking too much tequila! Does weird things to me, like to Eric. :P

B) .....Not to worry, old Marine Corp salute, 'Heres to me and heres to you, may we never disagree, but if we do, F_uck you here's to me'

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..