I registered with this site just so that I could comment on this story.

I've read my fair share of fan fiction, but this is the first piece that I've added to my favorites, and check to see when it comes out with new chapters.

absolutely love it, and I hope that you find time to continue to add to it.

I just cannot say enough good things about a vulcans love!

maybe you could turn it into a franchise and it'll never end?

meh, a boy can dream!

Hi Guys,

@Talon- The Gorn didn't get a lot of screen time on Trek, but they were quite an interesting and different species so I thought I'd throw one in there and having the telepath sure does shake up things a bit. :P

@watros- :D Welcome to the forums! :D I hope you enjoy your stay. Thank you for the very nice comments, I'm pleased you are enjoying the story so far. Don't worry about the story ending soon though, there's still a lot to tell. I do however have a couple of ideas which could follow on after the story has finished but will still revolve around Kai & T'Luk.

Thanks Again!

• 3 weeks later...

OMG, Is he going to propose? As Illogical as it would be to speculate that would be so cute. ;) But anyway great chapter just wish the love making was a little more discriptive, but thats my dirty mind for you. hehehe. Hmm, a Gorn in star fleet now that would be interesting I hope you persue that more.

And, Really I can't wait to see what lies in store for this date in the holodeck.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by Nicholas Covington
  • Site Moderator

I too was glad to see the Gorn was still on board and not written out.

As far as detecting the remaining Romulan ships, was it just a fluke that they found the first one or will it turn out to be a problem that the other ships have? Only time will tell.

During the first stage of the editing process, I took the last paragraph to mean one thing. Then after reading the whole chapter, it meant something else.

Hi Guys,

@Nicholas- I'm pleased you enjoyed this chapter. You took the words out of my mouth, it would be illogical to speculate what will happen on the holodeck. You'll have to wait and see. :D Instead of detailing the love making scene I wanted to focus on another important factor of their relationship, T'Luk's 'disability'.

Raylis will certainly be hanging around for the meantime at least, so he won't be going anywhere.

@Talon- I can tell you right now that the detection method was indeed a fluke. They're going to have to find another way to detect them.

Out of curiosity, what were your initial thoughts on the last paragraph?

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, I'm afraid Talon's right on this one. It is way too early in their relationship for them to get married yet. What if Kai decides that he doesn't like pointed ears after all? :lol:

Let's give them a while longer before they choose to make that type of commitment. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 11 smoothly integrated the reader into shipboard life, enhanced the characters, and introduced a couple of plot points/mysteries, at least one of which was so subtle I had to read the applicable line(s) three times to be sure. So, where's 12, already?

• Site Moderator

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with the bond. Was it a one time thing or will it continue to grow as the relationship grows.

You'll have chapter 12 after I've gotten it.

Hi guys,

@David- Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. I'm intrigued, which plot caught your eye?

@Talon- Yeah, it will be interesting to see if it develops further and if so, how it may reflect on their relationship.

Chapter 12 should be along in around two weeks time.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

I hope you all enjoyed Chapter 12 of A Vulcan's Love.

Thanks!

Emulated

Hi there,

I very much enjoyed it, thank you. However, I don't believe you can have identical twins that are a boy and a girl. Even if technology advanced to create a boy and a girl from the same genetic material, by definition they wouldn't be identical, would they?

Hi there,

I very much enjoyed it, thank you. However, I don't believe you can have identical twins that are a boy and a girl. Even if technology advanced to create a boy and a girl from the same genetic material, by definition they wouldn't be identical, would they?

Hi SubtleKnife, welcome to the forums! :2thumbs: I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed my story.

I'm glad you noticed the sentence regarding the identical twins ;) , I was hoping someone would raise the question.

A while ago I read somewhere that while boy/girl identical twins have occurred, they are extremely, extremely rare. (Like only 3 documented cases). I don't know the genetics behind it, but it was an interesting fact that I could put into the story. Another way to distinguish Admiral Ive from the crowd.

However you're kinda right, by definition they couldn't be identical as they are of opposite sex. But they would be as identical as possible.

I'm not sure if the technology in the future would enhance the chances of it occurring, but one would assume it's possible. But in Ive's case, it was natural.

Thanks!