Sati was retired when she was called up for "The Drumhead" episode. I'm sure Star Fleet retired her permanently.

I'll be willing to follow that assessment, and in the case she wasn't retired at that moment, there's a high chance she would have done during the 13 years. So with that in mind, I can say with much certainty that she will not be appearing in the story. B) But to all Satie fans out there, I duly apologise.;)

Lets hope so...

Yep, she's no longer about. It's official. (At least in AVL anyway!)

as Rilbur says, let's hope so...

I was remembering the caution Picard voices at the end of the episode for the need to always be vigilante against those who wish to fan the flames of hate and distrust...

but...knowing our wonderful Emulated...he surely can force retirement on any such character...(right Em...?)

keep the romance coming

I think that those are very wise words by Picard. Hate and distrust might be evident in the Romulan or past-Cardassian governments, but not in the Federation. It has no place for it.

Hehehe, 'force retirement'! Yeah, like I said above, Satie won't be making an appearance in this story.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the story so far, I like how you focus on the characters, rather than detailing the technology, etc.

I did notice a few discrepancies:

Officer designations:

Lt Comm should be LCDR (LtComm makes me think Lieutenant Communicator :) )

Ensign is the first officer rank, there isn't one before it other than 'cadet'.

A good guide for this (and others) is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_officer_rank_insignia#Commissioned_Officer_Ranks

Also, in Ch1, Kai said "I am 5'12", just a hair under 6'"... 5'12" IS 6' :) unless they changed a foot to 13 inches :)

Loving the story so far, I like how you focus on the characters, rather than detailing the technology, etc.

I did notice a few discrepancies:

Officer designations:

Lt Comm should be LCDR (LtComm makes me think Lieutenant Communicator :) )

Ensign is the first officer rank, there isn't one before it other than 'cadet'.

A good guide for this (and others) is:

http://en.wikipedia....d_Officer_Ranks

Also, in Ch1, Kai said "I am 5'12", just a hair under 6'"... 5'12" IS 6' :) unless they changed a foot to 13 inches :)

Hi G01851! Welcome to the Forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!;)

Thanks! I'm glad you like the story! Hehehe, I could easily get distracted with the technology, but I like the characters just a little bit more! :D

Yeah, it's been quite confusing using all those ranks and stuff, but I realised a while ago that I didn't have to say Lieutenant Commander every time, as you'd just say Commander. (At least in a Star Trek setting.) But I see what you mean. I have the similar problem when I talk about the Comm System (as in the communications), the Conn (the helm), and Comm. (notice the dot, as a shortening of Commander). So it's confusing. I could write LCDR, but I personally see Commander being simpler, and easier to look at on a page.

Yeah, whenever I reference Kai 'before' being an Ensign, he would have been a cadet.

Hehehe, I've used that wiki page loads of times, or more specifically, when I had Raylis come aboard. I didn't want the Gorans to follow the US Naval ranking system, so instead they use the US Air force ranking system. (E.g. He was a Second Lieutenant, as opposed to the equivalent of Ensign.)

Oh jeez! I can't believe I typed that! One serious typo, honestly! (I'm not that mad!) ;)

Another great chapter, thank you!

I will admit I was a trifle surprised when the 'tribunal' got cut short like that, but seeing as how the lady in question seemed more interested in finding fault than finding the truth (mind you, in a circumstance like this one Kai should feel like he was being run through a wringer...) I understand why it happened.

• Site Moderator

I think our previous discussions of Admiral Satie of ST:TNG's Drumhead episode, gave EM some ideas for this chapter.

Anyone up for a possible wedding? With all that talk, it sounds like Trey may be thinking of asking.

I will admit I was a trifle surprised when the 'tribunal' got cut short like that, but seeing as how the lady in question seemed more interested in finding fault than finding the truth (mind you, in a circumstance like this one Kai should feel like he was being run through a wringer...) I understand why it happened.

Thanks Rilbur, I'm glad you liked it.

That was exactly it. Had it been a better investigation (i.e. not out to place blame) then I'd have carried it on longer. But because it was due to a few people from Command who were out looking to place blame, I had them close it down.

Hehehe, yeah, I don't think Kai was too happy about the whole thing!

I think our previous discussions of Admiral Satie of ST:TNG's Drumhead episode, gave EM some ideas for this chapter.

Anyone up for a possible wedding? With all that talk, it sounds like Trey may be thinking of asking.

Perhaps ;). But I must admit that I hadn't seen that episode, or seen anything with Admiral Satie. But as for the character Vice-Admiral Biggs, I wanted to create a character, rather than use one from the series. (And because as we previously discussed, Satie would have retired.)

Wedding?!?! Wow, talk about warp speed, Talon! :lol: I think Alex and Trey are enjoying where they are at the moment. Any wedding(s) will have to come a little later, at least!;)

I was surprised by how short the tribunal part was too, glad; but surprised. I love this story and have been follwing it since I found it on Nifty. I must say it has given me a greater appreciatation for Vulcans lol, I do like pointed ears lol.

I was surprised by how short the tribunal part was too, glad; but surprised. I love this story and have been follwing it since I found it on Nifty. I must say it has given me a greater appreciatation for Vulcans lol, I do like pointed ears lol.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Yeah, like I mentioned above, the main reason that the tribunal was cut so short was because they acted like they were out to place blame, rather than conduct an official investigation. Similarly, if it was a proper investigation in the first place, perhaps it would have continued longer.

I say perhaps because it was Starfleet Intelligence who had the 'tribunal' disbanded...maybe they have a reasoning behind it. (Or I could be playing with you!)

Hehehe, I know! The poor little guys! It must be hard to be walk around looking all cute with those ears!:wub:

You have a fantastic story here. I love how things are working out with Kai and T'Luk. I can't wait to see where things go for them in the future.

Thanks Phoenix!

Yeah, things are going pretty fine for the couple, aren't they? ;)

In keeping with my usual style, I won't tell you the specifics, but rest assured they have a long future ahead of them. (And I'm not just referring to their relationship either!):D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A great chapter that finished off a great story. Although I am a little biased because I love Star Trek, I feel you have created a story that fits in well with the Star Trek Universe and have introduced characters that are just as interesting as the originals. I will be haunting you for that sequel thats a promise ;-) LOL
My reveiw of 'A Vulcans Love' chapter 30

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

As I said in my review I will be haunting you.:P I am going to miss getting my Kai & T'Luk fix now that its finished.

BTW I still love that Pon Farr scene very erotic :wub:

The end of an era.... and what a way to go. What can I say? You know how much I love it, especially the last chapter. You are an awesome writer so get writing and give us some more... a sequel, something new... whatever... just write :) Who needs a life devilsmiley.gif

My reveiw of 'A Vulcans Love' chapter 30

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

As I said in my review I will be haunting you.:P I am going to miss getting my Kai & T'Luk fix now that its finished.

BTW I still love that Pon Farr scene very erotic :wub:

Thanks again, Librent! And thank you for your help too!

Hehehe, there is a sequel and it will be coming. Promise! B)

l'm pleased you liked the Pon Farr scene, it was quite a special one to write -(and not only because of the sex!)

The end of an era.... and what a way to go. What can I say? You know how much I love it, especially the last chapter. You are an awesome writer so get writing and give us some more... a sequel, something new... whatever... just write :) Who needs a life devilsmiley.gif

Thank you, Nephylim, and again, thank you for your help! I'm pleased you enjoyed this story.

Hehehe, I agree. Drop everything else, just write! B) I could live with that (in an ideal world!) :D