• Site Moderator

So Kai and T'Luk are headed to Vulcan, where the Federation, Romulan talks are about to begin. This is just perfect. Why don't I trust the Romulins? :wacko:

Perhaps it's because of the ST:TNG episode "Unification" where the Romulans did try to invade Vulcan.

So Kai and T'Luk are headed to Vulcan, where the Federation, Romulan talks are about to begin. This is just perfect. Why don't I trust the Romulins? :wacko:

We have to remember that the main reason behind the talks was to deal with the terrorist cell. And with the terrorise cell disbanded (the fleet was destroyed), I wonder what will be left of the talks.

Although it's not much of a spoiler, I will tell you that the story will fit in with the new Star Trek movie in terms of what the current climate is like between the Romulan Empire and the Federation.

Perhaps it's because of the ST:TNG episode "Unification" where the Romulans did try to invade Vulcan.

(See? Only a real fan can recall the episode names! :P ) Yes, a hidden agenda is definitely something that both sides will have to look out for. With the current crisis narrowly averted, I wonder what the focus of the talks will be. And let us not forget about that fleet of Tal Shiar warbirds in Federation space.

I wonder if Ambassador Spock can help to keep the calm.

That is, providing he hasn't been caught.

That's true, but given what happened on Romulus during Star Trek: Nemesis, I'd hasten a guess to say that they wouldn't care about Spock, or at least see him as a threat. In the story, he arrived WITH the Romulan delegation. So I'd imagine that they'd value his council, or they'd rather have him conduct the talks, as he could respect both sides.

Star Trek (the movie)

is a little hazy about his time on Romulus and his relationship with the Romulans, so I won't go into too much detail there. I wouldn't want to say the complete opposite to what really happened.

Coastieboy00, welcome to the site. Once again, I have the privilege of seconding someone's forum post: ditto on the "keep them coming."

Sigh. And there I was, hoping to have a month long hiatus... :P

But the McLeod himself has spoken. I guess I'll have to step up and 'keep them coming' instead. ;)

Sigh. And there I was, hoping to have a month long hiatus... tongue.gif

But the McLeod himself has spoken. I guess I'll have to step up and 'keep them coming' instead. wink.gif

Did someone lose a pun? A very bad one has been spotted on this forum.

I was very happy to see the latest chapter. The first scene, and the comparison of the telepathic links, was a wonderful bit of writing.

Looks as if a lot of folks are excited about getting to Vulcan. I hope you'll also let us drop in on Betazed, and one special beach!

Did someone lose a pun? A very bad one has been spotted on this forum.

I was very happy to see the latest chapter. The first scene, and the comparison of the telepathic links, was a wonderful bit of writing.

Looks as if a lot of folks are excited about getting to Vulcan. I hope you'll also let us drop in on Betazed, and one special beach!

Too late for 'pun unintended'? B) For the life of me I didn't mean it like that! Honestly! 0:)

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, that was quite an interesting scene to write about. One can only imagine the possibilities that such a telepathic link could demonstrate in 'real life'.

As for Alex and Trey on Betazed; I think it'd be illegal for me to leave that out! :D

Not to forget a certain outfit that I'd like to see.

Cheeky! :P

That's only about 110 degrees... and here I was thinking Vulcan was hotter than Earth! :D

<--- Lives in a place where 110 is 'normal' summertime heat. I sure hope they remember to drink lots and lots of water!

Hehehe, rest assured that Vulcan is MUCH hotter than Earth. This is an excerpt of the information I used in this chapter:

Daytime temperatures routinely range from 43.3

So only the area that they were flying over happened to be 43 degrees, (I chose the minimum value), not all of Vulcan. We must also bear in mind that the temperature onboard a starship is around 21 degrees, so that's quite a change for Kai.

In the next chapter I'll state the outdoor temperature in Shi'Kahr, which will be a much higher value. And yes, he'll be needing a lot of water indeed!B)

I just hope he doesn't 'flirt' with heat stroke! Heat illness is serious stuff!

And the ships are kept at 21? That's a bare 70 degress... that's cold! (OK, so my hot-dwelling opinions are coming into play... and the standard starfleet uniform is long sleeves, not shorts and a t-shirt...)

• Site Moderator

As far as the end goes, while I understand the concern of the individuals in question... And their position.... They are fricken' insane!

As far as I'm concerned, these guy's are hero's. They held off the Romulan Terrorists until some unexpected help arrived. That being said, let's go below.

You're right there, they are kinda mad to pursue the issue, but you know what Starfleet Command can be like...;)

This was the second time Kai and T'Luk were around when something big happened. I'm sure S.F.I. wants to make sure they aren't involved in some manner. It also wouldn't surprise me if they meet the President at some point.

I just hope it's not that Admiral Sati (the interrogator in one of the best episodes of ST:NG, played by the incomparable Jean Simmons if I remember correctly.) She's the one who saw conspiracies behind every door.

well done here Emulated...see what fiery emotions you've stirred having our boys threatened (even slightly) the S.F.I.

This was the second time Kai and T'Luk were around when something big happened. I'm sure S.F.I. wants to make sure they aren't involved in some manner. It also wouldn't surprise me if they meet the President at some point.

Second time they've been involved in something major, and they did some seriously off-the-wall thinking on what was very close to being a military disaster. I'd strongly expect a board of inquiry of some sort to sit on the crews of all ships involved -- not because they did anything wrong (at least not in a criminal or liability sense), but rather to dissect what could have been done, should have been done, etc etc.

Besides, ramming shuttles into enemy ships? Not a tactic I'd like to see used often!

Second time they've been involved in something major, and they did some seriously off-the-wall thinking on what was very close to being a military disaster. I'd strongly expect a board of inquiry of some sort to sit on the crews of all ships involved -- not because they did anything wrong (at least not in a criminal or liability sense), but rather to dissect what could have been done, should have been done, etc etc.

Besides, ramming shuttles into enemy ships? Not a tactic I'd like to see used often!

I suspected that the ramming shuttles tactic might cause some trouble, but more for the reason mentioned during the battle, that going for the ship's bridge was not acceptable battle "etiquette" don't know what else to call it. But Kai, did it after the Romulan terrorists targeted their bridge first...and continued the attack

still, totally, agree, they should be getting a medal not be investigated. Sure hope they get backed up by the big guys.

Emulated...updated yet???

(variation on "are we there yet"):worship:

still, totally, agree, they should be getting a medal not be investigated. Sure hope they get backed up by the big guys.

Um, I think you missed my point. I completely agree with investigating them, I just don't agree with doing it to 'get' them.

Simply put, two ships were nearly destroyed, one of them a large, powerful vessel whose importance would match a modern carrier or battleship. You should expect everyone to look at every aspect of how it happened, and how it was prevented. Both to learn, and to assign blame if any should be.

Thousands of lives were nearly lost, with God only knows how many more endagered. They need to poke it all apart.

I just hope he doesn't 'flirt' with heat stroke! Heat illness is serious stuff!

And the ships are kept at 21? That's a bare 70 degress... that's cold! (OK,so my hot-dwelling opinions are coming into play... and the standardstarfleet uniform is long sleeves, not shorts and a t-shirt...)

Yep, he's going to have to take extra care with those stifling temperatures. But I doubt he'd be travelling much during the hottest hours of the day.

Ithasn't been directly referenced that it's 21, but in Next Gen, Dataannounced that Humans work most efficient in 21 degrees. So couplingthat with the uniforms, I'd guestimate that the temperature is indeed around 21.

Asfar as I'm concerned, these guy's are hero's. They held off the RomulanTerrorists until some unexpected help arrived. That being said, let'sgo below.

This was the second time Kai and T'Luk were aroundwhen something big happened. I'm sure S.F.I. wants to make sure theyaren't involved in some manner. It also wouldn't surprise me if theymeet the President at some point.

You're right there,and that's how I'm sure many people will see it. As far as they knew,the moment they lost shields they were as good as dead, so theylaunched everything they had.

On the contrary, StarfleetIntelligence supports the guys. (Becker supports them, and hinted thatIve will follow). It's Command that has the problem. But still, theywere involved and it's only natural that they should be questionedabout it.

A visit from the President...quite an interesting idea.

Ijust hope it's not that Admiral Sati (the interrogator in one of thebest episodes of ST:NG, played by the incomparable Jean Simmons if Iremember correctly.) She's the one who saw conspiracies behind everydoor.

well done here Emulated...see what fiery emotions you've stirred having our boys threatened (even slightly) the S.F.I.

Hehehe,I'd assume that she would have retired soon after the events of thatepisode! Saying that, it happened in 2367 (13 years before AVL), so shecould have retired by then. Hmm, conspiracies! I wonder if she'd findout that T'Luk is a secret Romulan agent?!?! ;)

Thanks aikirangel! I'm pleased you liked it! I know, I've certainly shaken the house with this one!

Second time they've been involved in something major, andthey did some seriously off-the-wall thinking on what was very close tobeing a military disaster. I'd strongly expect a board of inquiry ofsome sort to sit on the crews of all ships involved -- not because theydid anything wrong (at least not in a criminal or liabilitysense), but rather to dissect what could have been done, should havebeen done, etc etc.

Yes, this ties in with Becker's comment: "Quite an impressive strategic decision

Sati was retired when she was called up for "The Drumhead" episode. I'm sure Star Fleet retired her permanently.

as Rilbur says, let's hope so...

I was remembering the caution Picard voices at the end of the episode for the need to always be vigilante against those who wish to fan the flames of hate and distrust...

but...knowing our wonderful Emulated...he surely can force retirement on any such character...(right Em...?)

keep the romance coming