• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I'm skimming around

Have they visited vulcan? what chapter?

I like the holodeck date - but they could have had nice sex in a holodeck room.

quarters in a twin bed is rather confining!!

Sorry if I'm skimming around

Have they visited vulcan? what chapter?

I like the holodeck date - but they could have had nice sex in a holodeck room.

quarters in a twin bed is rather confining!!

You can skim all you want hh5 :P .

No, they haven't visited Vulcan... yet.

Hehehe, I suppose that they could have, but they only had a two-hour slot, and they didn't want to rush things... (Mind you, they made their way over to Kai's bed pretty soon after they returned from the holodeck :P )

It is, but you have to remember that Kai & H'Jan were both 'fresh out of the Academy', so they were placed together. The ship that they served on wasn't that large either, much smaller than the Titan.

You can skim all you want hh5 :P .

It is, but you have to remember that Kai & H'Jan were both 'fresh out of the Academy', so they were placed together. The ship that they served on wasn't that large either, much smaller than the Titan.

Don't they ever have room mates walking in???

Can we send all the vulcans - tluk and kai special poses ??? as wedding invitations?

Can we send all the vulcans - tluk and kai special poses ??? as wedding invitations?

From what I gather They don't have roomates, (Dont know why even ensigns on Enterprise D had shared quarters the division to private quarters was at lt. - but then ... Literary licence!)

Special Poses ???

I would like to see concept pictures for the boys if you have any to post here?

I'd assume that it's only two per room. Anything more than that and it'd be a little overkill.

Hehehe, what is it with you and these two getting married!?! :P

Let us remember that they've been together for barely two months yet. Let them enjoy the beginnings of their budding relationship before they decide to make that type of commitment to each other.

But I like the idea of 'special poses'. I hope I get one of those invites!

From what I gather They don't have roomates, (Dont know why even ensigns on Enterprise D had shared quarters the division to private quarters was at lt. - but then ... Literary licence!)

Special Poses ???

I would like to see concept pictures for the boys if you have any to post here?

Some Ensigns had their own quarters, but others didn't. I think it generally came down to how long they've served in Starfleet. E.g. H'Jan and Kai were 'bunked' for 8 months before they got their own quarters. Of course they transferred over to the Titan, but under normal circumstances I'd guess that they'd have to serve for around a year before they got their own quarters.

Saying that, I would go as far to say that each officer of a new starship would get their own room. Any 'newcomers' would have to share until separate rooms became available.

Unfortunately I'm very bad when it comes to drawing or anything artistic in that sense, so there's no concept pictures for any of the characters. It's a good thing in a way as I think that the reader's imagination would be better than any physical representation of what they'd look like. Then again, I wouldn't mind drooling over a picture of T'Luk myself!

• 2 weeks later...

Another great chapter. I'm not going to repeat my review here, but will add that once again the mix of reality (e.g., the Romulan "command centre," maintenance operations aboard ship) with interpersonal activities (T'Luk and Kai's relationship, Alex and his comm badge) make the story very comfortably readable.

Another great chapter. I'm not going to repeat my review here, but will add that once again the mix of reality (e.g., the Romulan "command centre," maintenance operations aboard ship) with interpersonal activities (T'Luk and Kai's relationship, Alex and his comm badge) make the story very comfortably readable.

Thanks, David!

As I mentioned in my review response, seeing as there was quite a lot going on in this chapter, I had to balance it out between the main terrorist plot and the relationships between the characters. I'm glad you liked how things played out. :lol:

Hi!

I hope you all enjoyed chapter 18 of A Vulcan's Love.

Thanks!

Emulated

I just joined Gay Authors so that I could tell you that I am hooked on A Vulcan's Love! I found it this morning on Nifty and have spent most of my day off reading all of the chapters, as well as your blogs, and now the postings here on this site. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter(s). I'm very impressed to read such an egrossing story, with such detail, from such a young author. Btw, unless I missed something, what did you think of the movie? I was fortunate to see it on the IMAX screen, which was amazing. As I read your description of T'Luk, Zach was the picture that formed in my mind. Overall, I enjoyed the movie and the CGI effects. I've been going through Star Trek withdrawal until I found your story. Thanks for relieving the drought! :D

I just joined Gay Authors so that I could tell you that I am hooked on A Vulcan's Love! I found it this morning on Nifty and have spent most of my day off reading all of the chapters, as well as your blogs, and now the postings here on this site. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter(s). I'm very impressed to read such an egrossing story, with such detail, from such a young author. Btw, unless I missed something, what did you think of the movie? I was fortunate to see it on the IMAX screen, which was amazing. As I read your description of T'Luk, Zach was the picture that formed in my mind. Overall, I enjoyed the movie and the CGI effects. I've been going through Star Trek withdrawal until I found your story. Thanks for relieving the drought! biggrin.gif

Hi Farscape1, thank you for your kind words and welcome to the forums!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Wow, you really have immersed yourself in the 'A Vulcan's Love experience!'tongue.gif But you read all of them in one day! I think you hold the highest record for that!

Hehehe, thank you once again for the kind words. I tried to come up with a detailed, yet fresh story, which adheres to the cannon of Star Trek, but also pushes the envelope in some areas. Yes, I'm definitely on the 'younger' end of the scale when it comes to authors on this site (and perhaps Nifty too), so I'm pleased that you enjoyed the story, (even more so because of my younger age!).

I know, I haven't mentioned the movie yet on my blog (silly me!), but I really, really enjoyed it. And like you, I was lucky enough to see it in IMAX. The larger screen really gave the film the proper presentation which it deserves. There's too many good points to list here, so I'll make a blog post about it next week. I will say, however, that Zach Quinto played a very good Vulcan. Actually, all the cast made stellar performances.

The next chapter should be released in around two weeks time, I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined Gay Authors so that I could tell you that I am hooked on A Vulcan's Love!... have spent most of my day off reading all of the chapters, as well as your blogs, and now the postings here on this site.... I'm very impressed to read such an egrossing story, with such detail, from such a young author.

Farscape1: Somehow, I missed your post, but as a fan of Emulated and "A Vulcan's Love" I want to welcome you to the GA site and "second" your review (quoted, above). The forums on this site offer both support to authors and provide background to readers that is missing on other sites, IMHO. Anyway...welcome and right-on-targer with your thoughts about the story.

Farscape1: Somehow, I missed your post, but as a fan of Emulated and "A Vulcan's Love" I want to welcome you to the GA site and "second" your review (quoted, above). The forums on this site offer both support to authors and provide background to readers that is missing on other sites, IMHO. Anyway...welcome and right-on-targer with your thoughts about the story.

And as a fan as David McLeod :2thumbs: I agree with him wholeheartedly. These forums are very good at providing some extra background information, or just giving the readers a chance to communicate with the authors. Talking and communicating with the readers are definitely some of the best things about being an author. So I'm pleased that this site allows me to do that in such a clear and concise way.

I just wanted to say how much I love this story. I am a new fan of Star Trek, as the new movie dragged me in. I have only just begun watching The Original Series (about 2/3 through the first season) and I'm enjoying every second. I was fortunate to stumble upon your story on Nifty.org. Finding anything there is a difficult task. My newfound Trek obsession plus the lack of gay characters (so far) in the official cannon makes me very much appreciate "A Vulcan's Love." I read all 19 chapters in just a few days and I came to join this wonderful website by your recommendation... I'm excited to read more!

I do have a topic to bring up. A coworker of mine brought up an interesting point the other day. Can a gay Vulcan exist? He says it would be illogical for a Vulcan to be gay. That mating is for continuing the species. I explained that since homosexuality is biological, it is very possible for it to happen, thought whether or not they would act upon it is another story. Obviously, T'Luk is "special", and he doesn't fit the standard mold. I read someone, in an earlier post, suggest that if T'Luk was like other Vulcans, he would only desire to couple during Pon Farr. Do you think this is true? I know it is a necessity, but is it the ONLY time Vulcans "mate?"

Sean

Edited by SeanScot

I just wanted to say how much I love this story. I am a new fan of Star Trek, as the new movie dragged me in. I have only just begun watching The Original Series (about 2/3 through the first season) and I'm enjoying every second. I was fortunate to stumble upon your story on Nifty.org. Finding anything there is a difficult task. My newfound Trek obsession plus the lack of gay characters (so far) in the official cannon makes me very much appreciate "A Vulcan's Love." I read all 19 chapters in just a few days and I came to join this wonderful website by your recommendation... I'm excited to read more!

I do have a topic to bring up. A coworker of mine brought up an interesting point the other day. Can a gay Vulcan exist? He says it would be illogical for a Vulcan to be gay. That mating is for continuing the species. I explained that since homosexuality is biological, it is very possible for it to happen, thought whether or not they would act upon it is another story. Obviously, T'Luk is "special", and he doesn't fit the standard mold. I read someone, in an earlier post, suggest that if T'Luk was like other Vulcans, he would only desire to couple during Pon Farr. Do you think this is true? I know it is a necessity, but is it the ONLY time Vulcans "mate?"

Sean

Hi Sean, Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay at this wonderful website! :2thumbs:

Thank you for your kind comments, I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. I'd also like to say that I'm pleased that you liked the new movie enough to go out and discover the rest of Star Trek- (there really is a LOT of good stuff out there within those episodes!).

Hehehe, I don't want to spoil it for you, but good luck in finding a gay character in the Official Star Trek works! (Hint: there aren't any! (Unless you want to get REALLY technical, but they don't really count!)) It's funny, because as a show which aired the first Inter-racial kiss on American TV, you'd have thought that there'd be at least ONE gay character in the galaxy...Apparently not...

And now onto your topic:

Actually, this isn't the first time in which someone has mentioned the whole 'Vulcan vs gay vs logic' argument. A reader asked me a similar question to your co-worker, and to cut a long story short, I used the same reply that you used: That homosexuality is biological.

Now as for Vulcans and sex, (Great question, and funnily enough, I was actually thinking about this in GREAT detail yesterday. Strange, huh?) I've come down to a conclusion that while they HAVE to endure the Pon Farr every seven years (Which may or may not result in sex), Vulcans can also have sex when they deem necessary. So how did I reach this conclusion? Well let's think about the Pon Farr:

Say we have a heterosexual Vulcan couple who are also at Kai & T'Luk's age (21). Now, if the male begins to undergo his Pon Farr, he'd likely mate with his partner so he can overcome its affects. Now what we have to take into account is the fact that while HE'S having the Pon Farr, SHE isn't. YET they still mate. Of course this will also happen in reverse.

So what we have are two different incidents, where each person experiences the Pon Farr at different times, but they mate in both instances. Therefore I came to the conclusion that Vulcans can mate, e.g. if their partner is undergoing the Pon Farr. OR (this is a big or) if they wish to conceive a child.

In the new movie, now that Vulcan was destroyed, I highly doubt that the 10,000 survivors would sit around waiting for the Pon Farr to strike, when they could, in effect, begin to repopulate their species!

I hope that clears some things up for you. But of course, I'm piecing together canonical references, along with logic and common sense, so it may not be 'official'.

------------

Oh, and in case you were wondering why Kai would state: 'I thought Vulcans could only get...that way every so often...' (Referring to T'Luk being aroused, and subsequently having sex). He simply wasn't aware that Vulcans could have sex whenever. And as for T'Luk neglecting to mention that to him, he was probably having some reservations to telling Kai everything about Vulcan sexuality.

There's also the fact that while they may engage in non-Pon Farr sex, T'Luk, because of how 'special' he is, would have more...urges than the typical Vulcan. So he could have sex more frequently.

------------

Wow! That's some post! I hope I didn't scare you away there, Sean! 0:) I just wanted to make things clear for you. (Unless I've confused you further, in which case, please say so and I'll try to make some actual sense next time!)

Thanks and take care!

Hi!

I hope you all enjoyed chapter 20 of A Vulcan's Love.

Thanks!

Emulated

You're the devil aren't you...I'm at work and it will be 9 hours before I can get time to read this...arghhhh

can't forget my manners,

thanks for the update :2thumbs:

• Site Moderator

Before you read this chapter, I recommend do the following.

1. Turn off all phones.

2. Take a toilet break.

3. Put out the 'Do Not Disturb' sign.

Once you start reading, you won't want to stop.

You're the devil aren't you...I'm at work and it will be 9 hours before I can get time to read this...arghhhh

can't forget my manners,

thanks for the update :2thumbs:

Hehehe, but you got there in the end! I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the review!

Before you read this chapter, I recommend do the following.

1. Turn off all phones.

2. Take a toilet break.

3. Put out the 'Do Not Disturb' sign.

Once you start reading, you won't want to stop.

That's some good advice there, Talon, thanks! :D

I was going to suggest something like this at the beginning of the chapter, but I didn't want to give anything away, or suggest that anything important was coming up! :P

Great job on the latest chapter! Keep them coming!

Hi coastieboy00, Welcome to the forums! :2thumbs:

Thank you for the kind words, and yep, keep an eye out for new chapters!

Hi!

I hope you all enjoyed chapter 20 of A Vulcan's Love.

Thanks!

Emulated

After the past two days of long hours at work I have a day off and I've finally had the chance to read Chapter 20. This was my first priority this morning before I get on with my other plans for the day, and I'm almost(not quite) speechless after reading it. I'm also exhausted! worshippy.gif Alex and Trey, thaleron emitters, using the shuttlecraft as weapons, Gorns coming to the rescue! A series of great surprises! It was like a Fourth of July fireworks celebration! I'm looking forward to the trip to Vulcan, along with more development of Alex and Trey's relationship, and any other surprises that you create to share with us.

Since I read this a few days after it was posted, I will just add my congratulations on producing such a great chapter! Keep up the great work because I'm already ready for my next fix!wacko.gif

After the past two days of long hours at work I have a day off and I've finally had the chance to read Chapter 20. This was my first priority this morning before I get on with my other plans for the day, and I'm almost(not quite) speechless after reading it. I'm also exhausted! worshippy.gif Alex and Trey, thaleron emitters, using the shuttlecraft as weapons, Gorns coming to the rescue! A series of great surprises! It was like a Fourth of July fireworks celebration! I'm looking forward to the trip to Vulcan, along with more development of Alex and Trey's relationship, and any other surprises that you create to share with us.

Since I read this a few days after it was posted, I will just add my congratulations on producing such a great chapter! Keep up the great work because I'm already ready for my next fix!wacko.gif

Thank you for all the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed this 'behemoth' of a chapter!

Hehehe, exhausted! :P It was quite an active chapter, wasn't it? I was throwing a lot at you guys, so I'm pleased you liked it! Yep, the trip to Vulcan is the prime target on the radar at the moment. I wonder how that will pan out, and more importantly, I wonder what T'Luk's parents are like!

Other surprises? (Well, there were a few hints in the last chapter as to what's coming up soon, in case you fancy some 'detective work'!)

Thanks again! And in that case, I'd better make sure that Chapter 21 lives up to the standard! B)