• Site Moderator

Nice chapter EL.

What I find a bit surprising is how easily everyone seems to so accepting. I seem to remember on episode of TNG where Dr. Crusher falls in love with Odan, a Trill. The host body is injured and a new host is brought in. The new host is female and Dr. Crusher can't seem to handle it.

The age surprised me. I'm used to the Vulcan's being close to a three digit number. I don 't think I've ever heard Spocks age, even from early in ST. Sarak was over 200, while T'vok was just over 100. Since Vulcan's live longer than humans and don't seem to show their true age, he could be a bit older. I don't think T'Luk would be dishonest with Kai.

When it comes to picturing T'Luk, I think of the second Vulcan aboard Voyager.

How can anyone go thru school and Star Fleet Academy and not see another naked man?

Hi Talon,

I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. :D

Now you have to bear in mind that Star Trek never did a gay storyline but like you said, the closest that it has come to is with the Trill species, with Odan in TNG and Dax on DS9. I am working on the basis that most people in Starfleet are accepting-(it is the 24th century after all) of same sex relationships. Now we must remember that Kai & T'Luk haven't ventured off the Titan yet so they haven't really been put in a position where they could face any hostility.

Yes, most Vulcans that are shown in Star Trek are quite old by Human standards, even T'Pol-(Enterprise) was 66. But T'Luk is a young Vulcan and really is 21. Now the fun begins when Kai begins to age at a faster rate than T'Luk, that and the many number of years that he will outlive him.

The Vulcan from Voyager -(Vorik) does look similar to how I pictured T'Luk to look like, but a little bit cuter.

Damn. You got me there. I should have written: "Never seen a Vulcan naked before." not "Any man naked before." Because of course there would have been a moment where Kai caught a couple of glances; changing rooms, etc. I can't believe I wrote that!, sorry Talon 0:)

Thanks!

EmulatedLove

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

@ Adrian- Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying the story. There seems to be a drought with Star Trek stories, perhaps this will change once the new film is released? I'll try to keep it simple for you, but an extra weekly dosage of Star Trek is good for anyone! :P

@ Korey- Hehehe, I bet you were looking forward to that promotion. I thought I'd throw that one in there to play with you guys. :D They will receive promotions, but all in good time.

Yes, I wonder what they will think of T'Luk and vice-versa. Funny how they didn't mention Vulcan as the probable species of Kai's boyfriend when they were having the video call, I wonder why? Then again, they didn't mention the Klingons either...

Thanks!

EmulatedLove

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

Quite a chapter. We learn about a future class of Starship, we meet the 'rents and they seemed impressed with T'Luk.

Personally, I hope that T'Luk doesn't go for the procedure, it could change the dynamics of the relationship. I think with Kai's help, he will learn to have better control over his emotions.

Hi Talon,

I'm glad you liked the last chapter. Yep, there's a lot of development on more than one front, especially with T'Luk. Is he playing with fire? or does he know what he's doing? Only time will tell...

Thanks!

EmulatedLove

Quite a chapter. We learn about a future class of Starship, we meet the 'rents and they seemed impressed with T'Luk.

Personally, I hope that T'Luk doesn't go for the procedure, it could change the dynamics of the relationship. I think with Kai's help, he will learn to have better control over his emotions.

I Agree!!! I Rather like the borderline Emotional Vulcan, And I would dramaticly change the mans personallity if he were to have the procedure, he would not be the same, I would hate to see him less loving, thats probably part of what Kai fell for. besides it would suck yo have to wait every seven years to have sex.

Hi Korey,

Yep, no sex for 7 years, now that's a bummer! But what will T'Luk ultimately do? He's always managed to control his emotions, but his relationship with Kai throws any control out of the window. On the other hand, he does seem to somewhat enjoy these new feelings that he's tapping into. What will he decide?

After reading Chapter 7, I'm sorry I put off reading it to attend a couple of holiday parties. The hot and cold relationship between T'Luk and Kai is a real thrill, isn't it? You're making excellent use of the differences (and similarities) between Vulcan and Human emotions. Mixing the mundane of duty with the magic of meditation heightens the tension.

Hi David,

I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter! The emotional differences between the two species does create a thrill. In previous chapters the story has been more focused on the Human side of things, but in chapter 7 the Vulcan act of meditation is introduced. I wonder if their relationship will incorporate any more Vulcan customs? Maybe Kai will become a vegetarian...

Hehehe, I was going to say that with T'Luk's greenish skin tone perhaps Kai would see a 'vegetable' instead, but that doesn't paint a pretty picture now does it? :lol:

So instead I'll say that he might indulge in certain delicacies from time to time, if he became a vegetarian.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

Now there's a species I haven't seen in a long time, a Gorn, at least not since the days of Captian James T. Kirk.

I have to believe that if it had been a higher ranking officer, they would have gotten the power they wanted. But then again, if they had give Kai his request, we wouldn't have gotten such a good chapter.

Nothing like playing mind games with a telepath. My first thought was, here comes trouble.