:lol: That's a good one!

A more practical one we all can use is...when you realize the call is from a telemarketer, just start saying "Hello? Hello? Hello? as if you can no longer hear the other party. Drive 'em crazy.

:lol: That's a good one!

A more practical one we all can use is...when you realize the call is from a telemarketer, just start saying "Hello? Hello? Hello? as if you can no longer hear the other party. Drive 'em crazy.

B) ........Ah, Telemarketers, I usually say the person is deceased, put them on hold or 'click'.

If you haven't already, you should sign up for the National Do Not Call Registry. It works for me. Caller ID is also a big help since it's against the law for a telemarketer to block his true identity in a caller ID system.

In case you haven't noticed, most telemarketers use computerized systems to dial your phone number. After you answer, the call is routed to the real live marketer. It saves them a lot of time; makes them more productive. If you answer the phone and no one responds, hang up.

We need more telemarketer bashing.

Dead09.gif

If you haven't already, you should sign up for the National Do Not Call Registry. It works for me. Caller ID is also a big help since it's against the law for a telemarketer to block his true identity in a caller ID system.

In case you haven't noticed, most telemarketers use computerized systems to dial your phone number. After you answer, the call is routed to the real live marketer. It saves them a lot of time; makes them more productive. If you answer the phone and no one responds, hang up.

We need more telemarketer bashing.

Dead09.gif

B) .........I've also heard that if you answer you can become embedded in their phone banks

• Site Administrator

I don't mind telemarketers. I have some wonderful chats with people trying to get me to change my phone or electricity company :)

Most of them don't seem to understand that I'm perfectly happy to listen to what they propose, but I want something in writing. They seem to think I will sign up to something based purely on a phone call. I also know the buzz words -- when I asked for details, one said they could send them out to me, but then mentioned the word 'cooling off period'. I jumped on them from a great height about that, accusing them of being deceptive :D

One interesting fact with the electricity company calls was that they would open by saying they could offer me 10% off my bill. Since I had gotten another call offering the same earlier in the day, I asked them if that meant 10% off the 10% off I got earlier (okay, I lied about accepting the prior offer). They were flustered for a bit, before explaining it was 10% off the government gazetted rate.

Another one I like is when someone claims they can give me a lower rate, and then ask me what was the amount of my last bill. I reply that if they don't know what my last bill was, how can they be sure they can offer me a lower rate? One time I actually had an electricity bill with me, so I went as far as to ask what rate they could offer. They tried to get me to tell them who I was with. I refused. I said that all I wanted to know was what rate they could offer, so I could compare it with the bill in front of me. They said that they could do that for me, if I told them which company I was with. I told them that I would do the comparison. Eventually, they gave me their rate -- my current rate was lower :P I haven't had a call from them since....

I don't mind telemarketers. I have some wonderful chats with people trying to get me to change my phone or electricity company :)

Graeme, I've given a lot of time wondering about perversion, and maybe I shouldn't have. What you're telling the whole wide world is one of the most twisted kinks that has ever existed on Earth! ;)

I love this!

When I moved into my first apartment a telemarketer called and when I answered, she asked if she could speak to my parents. I told her no, that I only lived here. Shes like "Really? You sound so young! You would be a great telemarketer!"

I havent really thought about it since then but now Im glad I didnt decide to become one.

I love this!

When I moved into my first apartment a telemarketer called and when I answered, she asked if she could speak to my parents. I told her no, that I only lived here. Shes like "Really? You sound so young! You would be a great telemarketer!"

I havent really thought about it since then but now Im glad I didnt decide to become one.

B) ...........I once remember while leaving my home a couple of "Mormon' kids strolled up and asked if my parents were home, seeing that I just got off the phone with mom, and was heading over to her place I said "Yeah, they are' I watched as they knocked on the door as I drove off.