Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Some pics, in honor of Shadowgod.

I've just downloaded the first batch of pics from my camera to my pc, and thought I'd start off with some that are relavant to Shadowgod.

Yes, the 2008 King of Cliffhangers awards are coming at the end of the year. So, with that in mind, I thought I'd share a few photos of things I encountered on my trip. For example, Shadowgods' home town: Cliff Dwellers, Arizona. It's just north of the Navaho suspension bridge, which spans the eastern Grand Canyon. The roadbed is nearly a thousand feet over the river. That's vertigo-inducing, so a ver appropriate thing to have next to the soaring, malevolent blood-red pricipices that surround Shadowgod's hometown, Cliff Dwellers, Arizona.

First, a shot of the lodge, showing the sign then one taken looking a bit to the left (with some overlap) showing some of the looming cliffs.

P1010288.JPG

P1010289.JPG

Now a few of the ajoining boulders. These rolled down off the cliff, and are right next to the lodge. Every so often a new one rolls down, and the small ones are the size of a tank. Talk about a malevolent precipice! And boulders... CLIFFHANGING boulders... Is it any wonder that Shadowgod hails from this place?

P1010298.JPG

P1010299.JPG

Yes indeed, just look at those cliffs!

And now, for Yellowstone... Yellowstone is famous for it's thermal features. Most of the world's geysers are in Yellowstone, and areas of it look very much like hell, complete with the overpowering smell of sulphur. It is a wonderful place, and I plan to go back. Oh, and in case anyone wonders how I know what hell looks like, it's because Shadowgod told me. (it's his realm, after all).

I'll share more pics later, but foir now, here's one of a small geyser. Imagine my surprise when i saw that it was named in honor of Shadowgod!

P1010216.JPG

It erupts to about 30 feet, but only for a single burst. I tried several times, but my camera has about a 3/4 second lag between hitting the button and taking the pic. So, the geyser, true to it's namesake, left me hanging; I never could get a good pic of a full burst.

Ok, that's most of the Shadowgod-related stuff. More later. All I've done is reduce the image size and do a little cropping on two. No digital trickery. (that really is the name of that geyser).

I'll have other pics to post very soon. Here's a sample of the Yellowstone group: A Bison, set against the steam rising from Grand Prismatic Spring.

P1010142.JPG

I do believe you're forgetting something. You are the reigning King of Evil Cliffhangers, and I am likely to vote for you. I'm sure many others shall join me. Those are nice pictures by the way. :)

I do believe you're forgetting something. You are the reigning King of Evil Cliffhangers, and I am likely to vote for you. I'm sure many others shall join me. Those are nice pictures by the way. :)

B) ............They are great pics, ahh taken by goat??

Ooohh.. Those are some pretty pictures Cj! Yellowstone is one of the places I want to visit. :)

Yellowstone is FANTASTIC and I highly reccomend it! It's vast, so much to see. For geothermal stuff, it's the best in the world for geysers and thermal pools. I will say that the terraces at Mammoth Hot Springs (near Yellowstone's north entrance) aren't nearly as good as the ones in New Zealand's Rotorua thermal area (Somewhere else I highly6 reccomend seeing), but for Geysers, you can't beat Yellowstone. Also for the scale and natural settings, plus the wildlife, Yellowstone is the best anywhere. Make sure to check out all the Geyser basins; Upper, lower, midway, Norris, and West Thumb. Also, check out some areas that are trail access only, and also go in offseason and off time, such as at Dawn. Seeing these things alone is so much better thasn when there are crowds.

ACK! But Tiger, Shadowgod needs his title back! He also deserves it back!!! Always remember and never forget: LiS 26! And don't forget all the other cliffhangers he's given us in LiS, DnCW, FTL, LTMP, etc!!! Remember what he did in LTMP 37, with the inbound missiles? And what about in CLiff, where he made a personal appearance and put Eric in danger? He's just got to have his throne back! Besides, look at the photos of his hometown! Cliffs are his natural domain...

B) ............They are great pics, ahh taken by goat??

Thanks!! All pics were taken by me. I'll be posting more soon. Columbia gorge, Mt. St. Hellens, Alaska and the glaciers, British Columbia, Jasper and the Icefields parkway in Alberta (including some taken on a perhaps-somewhat-less-than-legal climb on Athabasca Glacier... 0:) It's roped off due to the danger of the crevases... But, I once climbed the Franz Josef Glacier in New Zealand so a few hundred yards up the Athabasca was easy.. or would have been if I'd remembered to take my dang ice cleats.)

Then there's Banff, Montana, Yellowstone, and the Grand Tetons.

Beautiful pics CJ... can't wait to see more :)

Eric

Thanks!! More coming soon. :)

The cliffhangers in LTMP and FTL are your fault. Granted, Steve does occasionally have a cliffhanger, but you've had more than your fair share, and everyone except you and Sacha agree with me. :P

Let's also not forget that you tried to get him to add another one to DnCW!

Are we sure this is Shadowgods home? I mean, if you look really close you can start to make out some details...

Goat1.gif

And here's a closeup.

Goat2.jpg

B) ..........LMAO, well where's there a cliff, CJ has to be around

The cliffhangers in LTMP and FTL are your fault. Granted, Steve does occasionally have a cliffhanger, but you've had more than your fair share, and everyone except you and Sacha agree with me. :P

Let's also not forget that you tried to get him to add another one to DnCW!

ACK! Tiger!! Bad Tiger!! Surely you don't think that I could have put any cliffies in LTMP and FTL, now do you? Therefor, they must be the work of Shadowgod... (and/or Graeme... Or Bondwriter, or Emoe...) And as for the spoiler-spaced bit, I disagree; let's forget that. :) It's so much better that way. :)

Are we sure this is Shadowgods home? I mean, if you look really close you can start to make out some details...

And here's a closeup.

Goat2.jpg

:lol:

Good one, Sphen_dehan! And BTW, welcome to the forums! :):2thumbs:

But, been as you are new, I must let you in on a known fact... A goat (such as me) would never have anything to do with a cliff. 0:)

Thanks a lot Sphen. We needed some thorough viewing and analysis. Glad some people still go on the quest for truth.

Bondwriter, my journey was, in part, a quest to seek the truth! Did I not return with photos of a geyser named in Shadowgod's honor? Did I not return with pictures of his hometown (cliff dwellers)? And, let anyone think I'm making anything up, Tiger has already linked to Cliff Dwellers, so here's a link to Cliff Geyser.

See? I brought back not only truth, but proof!! Further proof shall follow.

CJ :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..