Signals you look for..

Zapp

Greetings fellow GAer's, how are we all?

I know this topic has probably been done before, and in depth, but due to a mixture of my extreme laziness and general computer ineptitude, I will not seek them out.

Anyway, with an influx of new members, it would provide a fresher discussion I sincerely hope!

The thread title is simple enough, and I seek some sound advice, usual story, blah blah blah suspect some guy of liking me blah blah blah I really like him and so on.

What are some of the subtle and not so subtle things you look out for when in this situation? Much appreciated, Zapp.

From my experience if the other person returns your calls meaning you're not always the one calling him first to do something, or you're not always the one saying hi on Messenger it's a good sign. As well most people will ask youwhat you like to do so they can find something they like so they'll be able to have a discussion on something you're both familliar with

Touching each other on the arm for example is a sign that person is at least having a good time with you. If you talked to him about some problems or some project you had at work or school and he ask you how it's going in that regards is always a plus

Hope that helps for starters

Jason aka moonwolf

From my experience if the other person returns your calls meaning you're not always the one calling him first to do something, or you're not always the one saying hi on Messenger it's a good sign. As well most people will ask youwhat you like to do so they can find something they like so they'll be able to have a discussion on something you're both familliar with

Touching each other on the arm for example is a sign that person is at least having a good time with you. If you talked to him about some problems or some project you had at work or school and he ask you how it's going in that regards is always a plus

Hope that helps for starters

Jason aka moonwolf

In short, what you are saying is...if he shows some interest in you, rather than talking about himself all the time...that's a good sign.

In short, what you are saying is...if he shows some interest in you, rather than talking about himself all the time...that's a good sign.

I agree, sort of. When you're with him do you talk about yourself all the time? Talk about a turn off.

Watch his eyes. Does he sneak glances at you and look away when you catch him. Does he look at you when you're talking, or do his eyes wander off? If they wander off, are you talking about something inane, like where you went shopping last or about your best friend and her awful hair? If so, shut the f**k up. :P

Do you give him signals to encourage him? Do you let him catch you sneaking peeks at him? When you make eye contact, do you open yourself up and invite him in visually (not literally you sluts), or is your guard up? What about him?

Hey in seventh grade history class - this skinny Irish kid loves to embarrass me by having me rub his bare forearm.

I'm not sure if anyone caught the multiple incidents. It certainly got me worried enough to stop after a while.

Too bad nothing else further happen. Weird closet case incident.

He certainly had a cute smile and plenty of freckles.

I think he occasional gets pounce on during gym but I didn't pay too much attention.

--

So maybe some unusual requests to get your attention

Sort of :) . It has to go both ways though you can't be the one talking all the time or he will think that you're not interested

I go for more blatantly obvious things... like them telling me they like me. I'm pretty blatant about it, too. As in, "Do you like me?", lol.

I feel like it's a waste of time to try and guess if it's not obvious. Plus I really have a thing for guys who are secure enough or willing to go out on a limb enough to just tell me they like me or ask if I like them. It's kinda like it shows a willingness to be forward and honest, and not waste each other's time or play games.

~shrug~

I say that if you don't have an automatic intuitive response, just ask. :)

I go for more blatantly obvious things... like them telling me they like me. I'm pretty blatant about it, too. As in, "Do you like me?", lol.

I feel like it's a waste of time to try and guess if it's not obvious. Plus I really have a thing for guys who are secure enough or willing to go out on a limb enough to just tell me they like me or ask if I like them. It's kinda like it shows a willingness to be forward and honest, and not waste each other's time or play games.

~shrug~

I say that if you don't have an automatic intuitive response, just ask. :)

I like your thinking. Like you said, its just a matter of feeling secure enough to either ask, or to do the telling.

• 2 weeks later...
From my experience if the other person returns your calls meaning you're not always the one calling him first to do something, or you're not always the one saying hi on Messenger it's a good sign.

I would disagree. Some people are completely unlikely to initiate greetings, conversation, and activities together. That doesn't mean they don't want those things. It just means they're shy or, for whatever reason, feel like it's the other person's responsibility.

A good friend of mine is always complaining that guys he likes don't ask him out. I always reply that he should ask them out himself. His response? "It's his job to ask me out." :blink: No, I don't personally understand it, and frankly that in and of itself would make me not particularly want to date someone, but nevertheless that's how some people think. It's possible that this guy just doesn't want to do the pursuing but instead wants to be pursued. If that in and of itself doesn't put you off, Zapp, then I'm afraid you will have to do the pursuing if you like him.

I'm not saying that's the situation at all. I'm just pointing out that incidents like that disprove the theory that he'll actively show interest or take initiative if he likes you.

I do agree with this. Again it's possible he'll be too shy, but if he does do these things then that is certainly a good sign.

i, personally, have made it a point to not seek out these signals. there are times when i pick them up, but people are so different that you could completely misconstrue something. i would just drive myself insane. instead, if i like someone, i just try and hang out with them more and get to know them better. if the chemistry is right then it'll be obvious and something will come of it. otherwise, i just make the assumption that it's a silly unrequited crush that i'll get over.

I have a whole repertoire of tricks I use in bars.

Order a drink that looks interesting, if he's interested he'll come over to ask what you're drinking.

Ask him if he wants a sip, it's a good sign if he tries the drink. (I realize that one might be a little grody to the germaphobes.)

Find a reason to walk past where ever he's sitting. If he looks, give him a smile (friendly, non-committal). Returned smiles are a good sign.

Do completely normal things, but do them in a way that makes you noticeable. I make people laugh. Like, really, really, laugh. People tend to want to know what's so funny.

And if all else fails, be blunt. The line "Hi, I'm drunk and friendly. How are you?" Has worked for me more times than even I can believe.

But most of all, be yourself. Everything in my list works for me. The bravado to do half the things I do comes naturally. I am completely comfortable walking around a sports bar filled with men drinking beer with a Tequila sunrise with more fruit hanging off the rim of my glass than the produce section at the grocery store. I am perfectly okay with introducing myself to complete strangers and offering them sips of my drink if they seem interested in it. I genuinely think it's not any of my tricks, it's the fact that I'm comfortable doing them.

Confidence is a man's sexiest accessory.

And I agree with Kevin, you might expand more energy than you have trying to get him to show tangible interest in you. If it's not working, show some interest in him and see how he responds.

Edited by Caipirinha

i, personally, have made it a point to not seek out these signals. there are times when i pick them up, but people are so different that you could completely misconstrue something. i would just drive myself insane. instead, if i like someone, i just try and hang out with them more and get to know them better. if the chemistry is right then it'll be obvious and something will come of it. otherwise, i just make the assumption that it's a silly unrequited crush that i'll get over.

But most of all, be yourself. Everything in my list works for me. The bravado to do half the things I do comes naturally. I am completely comfortable walking around a sports bar filled with men drinking beer with a Tequila sunrise with more fruit hanging off the rim of my glass than the produce section at the grocery store. I am perfectly okay with introducing myself to complete strangers and offering them sips of my drink if they seem interested in it. I genuinely think it's not any of my tricks, it's the fact that I'm comfortable doing them.

Confidence is a man's sexiest accessory.

These two points agree with wholeheartedly!

...so the last boy... Kevin... asked me in sign language if I wanted to have sexual intercourse with him. At that point, my suspicions were aroused. We'll not talk about what else was.

Quite frankly though, even that I was sort of oblivious to... it takes a serious knock to the skull to make me really believe someone's actually interested in me. It wasn't until he hopped in my lap and started nibbling my neck that I really got it. Yes, I really am that stupid sometimes. By the way, just for the record, we STILL haven't done the nasty and I've been around him almost constantly for... um... ~counts~ about a week? I'm proud of myself for not being a whore. :D

He's so cute. :)

Moral of the story: if a boy asks if you want to have sex with him, he's likely interested in you.

...so the last boy... Kevin... asked me in sign language if I wanted to have sexual intercourse with him. At that point, my suspicions were aroused. We'll not talk about what else was.

Quite frankly though, even that I was sort of oblivious to... it takes a serious knock to the skull to make me really believe someone's actually interested in me. It wasn't until he hopped in my lap and started nibbling my neck that I really got it. Yes, I really am that stupid sometimes. By the way, just for the record, we STILL haven't done the nasty and I've been around him almost constantly for... um... ~counts~ about a week? I'm proud of myself for not being a whore. :D

He's so cute. :)

Moral of the story: if a boy asks if you want to have sex with him, he's likely interested in you.

See, I had a boy in my lap... last February. I just figured out why he was there. :ph34r:

Oh well, I'm glad nothing happened because now we're good friends and I'm with the man of my dreams. :wub:

Here's a signal that was said to me many years ago at a party

First off he was flirting with me and second he was pledging his life to me ("I take a bullet for you")

To this day - I still love him - but who he was - prevented him to make it be.

-----

I wrote a what-if short story last year call "My Journey's End"

https://www.gayauthors.org/efiction/viewsto...0&chapter=4

I am completely comfortable walking around a sports bar filled with men drinking beer with a Tequila sunrise with more fruit hanging off the rim of my glass than the produce section at the grocery store.

:worship:

You're right, confidence is very attractive

Edited by NaperVic

• 1 month later...

I can only add to what's been said. Eye contact is key. stray hands, coy smiles etc.

Biggest giveaway though, when a guy has his tongue down your throat & his hands down the front of your jeans. Then you can be pretty sure he's interested in more than a movie! :D

I can only add to what's been said. Eye contact is key. stray hands, coy smiles etc.

Biggest giveaway though, when a guy has his tongue down your throat & his hands down the front of your jeans. Then you can be pretty sure he's interested in more than a movie! :D

Reminds me of an incident that happened to me once. I met this new, attractive, interesting person and I was trying to figure out if he liked me or if he was just friendly. I finally worked it out for sure when he started making out with me :P

Reminds me of an incident that happened to me once. I met this new, attractive, interesting person and I was trying to figure out if he liked me or if he was just friendly. I finally worked it out for sure when he started making out with me :P

I would say that looks like he was very friendly & interested! ;) Yeah signs like that are a bitch to interpret. :P

I push to the point of fustrating the hell out of him to get him to ask me out first.

I could smell hints miles away and I take an advantage of it.

hhahahaaha the same here , the main signal for me is the way they are with me, sometimes you just know