Your Favourite Horror Moment

Sir Galahad

What's inspired this is a Programme on E4 in the UK. The 100 greatest scary moments. It doesn't have to be a film, could be TV, music video etc.

Has anyone ever watched Misery with Cathy Bates? You remember the scene where she breaks his ankles with a sledgehammer. Try watching that without looking away from the screen.

Cape Fear with Robert De Niro, amazing performance, way better than the original

The Grudge, with Sarah Michelle Geller. This was a surprise for me, first film in quite some time that made me jump.

Hostel. Need I say more? Gory, great plot, right up my street.

Thriller. What can you say. This, even now, is my favourite ever music video. I remember as a kid setting my alarm so I could sneak down & watch it. Pure genius.

Candyman: Scared the shit outta me when I was a kid. Have hated bees ever since.

Goodfellas: Just scarily accurate!

Others of note: Friday the 13th, Halloween & Alien.

Ok, what's yours?

I don't really watch scary movies. I did when I was a kid though, so I have a few.

Thriller. What can you say. This, even now, is my favourite ever music video. I remember as a kid setting my alarm so I could sneak down & watch it. Pure genius.

that was a very cool music video!

Signs, with Mel Gibson.

I saw that! It was pretty good.

I would say that I enjoyed the Scream and Halloween movies the most.

The scene in the second Halloween, with the hot tub! :blink:

Hahaha!! I love 'Horror' movies the gorier the better, "It' by Stephan King was great, my all time nightmare was Frankenstein, as I made my way home from school on a dark stormy cloudy day walking thru my alley on the way home, the SOB would jump out of a tree to get me, Hehehe!! I never had any nightmares about Psycho but the premise was enough if I remember right to prevent many young women from showering!! Haha! The Shinning scene were Jack Nicholson announced that he was home ' Here's Johnny' was classic, I nearly died laughing but I also checked the creepiness in it. I love Horror films!!!

Can't really think of any films or movie's that stick in my mind as particularly scary... (then again, I don't watch horror films and the like lol. I either find them boring or just plain gross).

Acrually, the closest I can think of right now is the raptors at the end of the 1st Jurassic Park lol. Never scared me when I was a kid but I watched it recently and they are actually pretty unnerving lol.

Games, on the other hand- thats different. I can think of a bunch of game moments that have been able to scare me.

The first underground section in STALKER (along with the next two underground sections, actually lol)

Ravenholm in Half Life 2

Practically every time I get spotted by a guard in Thief 3

Oh, and obviously 'The Cradle' in Thief 3 is ridiculously scary lol (its a game that does atmosphere vey well... so when it has a level set in an haunted orphanage/sanitarium then fear is to be expected lol)

Strangely enough, a game which has never scared me is FEAR... which is sort of a shame considering that is what it sets out to do. As it is, I've played in it the dark in the middle of the night while on my own in the house and merely felt bored.

Anyway, thats my (ever so slughtly off-topic) contribution lol.

Martin 0:)

Oh Dear! The movie "It."

I know it's been said already. I could not enter the bathroom for fear that a knife would be rammed in my butt when I was pooping. That movie scared me beyond belief.

Strangers was also a little horrifying for me. Just a bit.

There was also a move about a babysitter being home alone and a guy tried to kill her... I think it's called "When A Stranger Calls"

I used to babysit a lot. It scared me poopless. (Like my subtle way of covering up swear words...yeah)

Ok... I have never done will with scary movies. EVER. But, the last year or two, I've been warming up to them a bit, which includes watching some of the old classics.

The first time I ever watched the first Jurassic Park, I was a senior in high school, and it was for Advanced Biology (A genetics unit... we read the book, and for fun, we watched the movie) Anyway, there were about three times in the movie when the raptors jumped out that I screamed really loud. Everyone else had seen it before, and thought I was hilarious. Same time with the Alien movies.

The first Child Play movie got to me. The most part is when the doll is talking in the kitchen, and the mom goes to throw the box away, and THE BATTERIES FALL OUT! AHHHHHHHHH!

I thought the Saw movies were brilliant, and adored Scream. Very cool stuff. Halloween also rocked my world.

Misery and Pet Semetary still give me chills just thinking about them. I looooooove Kathy Bates though.

I couldn't finish watching Children of the Corn, or IT. tooooo scary to watch by myself. Maybe good date movies though!

Am a huge fan of B rated horror movies as well. They are so bad, it's almost genius. Remember the Killer Tomatoes? :lol:

B) .......Yeah, I do!! Your right the cheesier the movies, the most fun they were at poking fun at the bad acting and such.

They screeed the Top 50 this week, some classics in there.

The child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, that used to creep me out when I was little.

The Sixth Sense - Did anyone get it before the end?

This Advert got so many complaints from parents! lol

Silence Of The Lambs

Carrie

TOP 20

1: The Shining

2: The Exorcist

3: Jaws

4: Alien

5: The Blair Witch Project - $30000 to make, grossed $240 million

6: Ring

7: Halloween

8: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

9: The Omen

10: A Nightmare On Elm Street

11: Physco

12 The Evil Dead

13: X Files Episode; Squeeze

14: Se7en

15: Friday The 13th

16: American Werewolf In London

17: The Thing

18: 28 Days Later

19: Hellraiser

20: Scream

Edited by Sir Galahad

The Sixth Sense - Did anyone get it before the end?

Silence Of The Lambs

Carrie

TOP 20

2: The Exorcist

5: The Blair Witch Project - $30000 to make, grossed $240 million

6: Ring

10: A Nightmare On Elm Street

11: Physco

15: Friday The 13th

I did!(6th sense)

I love Carrie, and the Silence of the lambs haha

Top 20 i just like the list above haha

Oh my goodness! I totally forgot about the 6th Sense...

The first time I saw it was at this old budget theatre in town... and I was in 5th grade. Right after a scary part, I went downstairs to get a refill on my soda... it was soo scary, becasue it's a very old building with dark narrow stairways!

*shudders* I don't think I've been able to see it since!

• 2 months later...

Hmmm... my favorite horror moment?

When I saw two lesbians kiss! *runs away*

Nah... when I was younger I saw hellraiser and wow... that scared the crud outta me :ph34r:

Hmmm... my favorite horror moment?

When I saw two lesbians kiss! *runs away*

Nah... when I was younger I saw hellraiser and wow... that scared the crud outta me :ph34r:

I thought you were going to say when you saw yourself in that hat! :P

Nothing occurs to me immediately. But I do remember the one movie that did inspire pure terror was Twister. I was about 6-7 when I saw it. And that very night a very dark cloud rolled in and it started to hail, and I was convinced a tornado was about to land on my house. Despite how very very rare tornadoes are in Maryland.

As for actual horror movies, I generally avoid them because I'm a scaredy cat. But I do remember being really freaked out while watching The Shining and he was trying to get through the bathroom door. :o