David Ogden Stiers comes out of the closet

Mark Arbour

• Site Administrator

Interesting :) I always liked Major Charles Winchester. I use him as an example of a three dimensional character, while the character he replaced, Major Frank Burns, was a two dimensional character.

If I was to choose from the MASH series who I thought was gay I swear I would've chosen Radar instead. I would never had thought of Winchester as gay!

• Site Administrator
If I was to choose from the MASH series who I thought was gay I swear I would've chosen Radar instead. I would never had thought of Winchester as gay!

Winchester wasn't -- the actor who played Winchester is :) It's an important distinction. :D They are all actors, so what you see on the screen doesn't reflect their real lives.

Me too. I figured that Radar was everyone's bitch.

Interesting :) I always liked Major Charles Winchester. I use him as an example of a three dimensional character, while the character he replaced, Major Frank Burns, was a two dimensional character.

B) ......Sorry, but pegged him way early on! Maybe gaydar is working!!

actually it wouldn't shock me if winchester was gay or not

(plays a good waspo)

but Radar - now you know he's a fine actor!! :P

why not Klinger!!! Too much hair?? :lol: or because he's Lebanese :P

btw - sulu probably still has the hots for Mr Rourke on fantasy island - since he hinted that a lot in sci-fi conventions during the release of the ST2 - Khan

• Site Administrator

That would be Major Charles Emerson Winchester III, I do believe. :P

I'm laughing at the memories of his look of disdain, at you now for forgetting the Emerson and the III, much like he always looked at Hawkeye and BJ.

You know, as much as I watched MASH, I never really looked at any of them as being gay. The only memory I have of the show and anything gay related was that Clinger gave the impression that anyone who was 'gay' or 'trans' was definitely Section 8. :(

Oh, and the name BJ (giggles) :lol:

Edited by wildone

• Site Administrator

I loved MASH. I have a bunch on DVD, though not all the seasons (yet)

I didn't see that one coming. lol