Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 47

While brave, Eric's rescue mission seems rather foolhardy. What's really sad though is that Jim, Linda and the Private are already dead. Only the nukes remain to be be rescued. Jerry will not part with the nukes; that's a given. The only possibility I see here for any success would be Jerry's men, who aren't overly loyal to begin with, deciding that Jerry's not worth it anymore and hand over the nukes. Maybe even hand over Jerry. They would still have the plane for a possible escape.

Maybe Jerry's men will dig a big hole, fill it with ash, and then kick Jerry in the ash-hole. :lmao:

I'm sorry, the devil made me say that. :devil:

When Eric said, "Tell Jansen that I love him...." I melted. :wub:

OMG

B) ..............I thought Yuri was smarter than that, and Eric is just being Eric, somehow he is going to get the better of Jerry. Conner might be right about the mercenaries, they have been to quiet and have to have figured out what happened to their comrades that were with Scar and Yuri at the resort. The Scar has tipped his hand to the pilot and Survov, with Yuri out of the picture I'm sure it won't take much for them to betray Jerry. All the nudge they need is a little bit of Eric.

Edited by Benji

When I first saw the title, I thought this was the chapter where Jerry would get his well-deserved reward and all the cliffhangers would be resolved. I overestimated the goat's willingness to do that. It's a great chapter, plenty of action, but still far from the end.

Who will rescue Eric and Brandon?

Either brandon and eric get captured or find nothing much or find them dead, but helen might kill them or by their bf's

will they get off the fbi wanted list in time? since yuri is gone I wonder what will he do or get to get the bombs to set off a determined time/remote.

Jerry made a big mistake letting Yuri out to parley -> Clumpy is starting to turn into mush

Eric is surely in resolve for the guilt of Jim and Linda -> never met any one to make such of a sacrifice.

But still Eric and Brandon will be surprise of their demised.

CJ should have kept us in the dark about Jim and Linda - that could have left us with shared knowledge of the demised for the next chapter.

I am so routing for a great laugh on Jerry and Eric and Brandon

It would seem some what familiar feeling like in the last book

I'm guessing its just a total of six guys against two

A fair fight for our good guys

Too bad no Tequllia

Maybe Jerry might have some on hand

Just hope Brandon understands that every moment its a fight to the death

He shouldn't leave anyone standing alive

I just hope the other guys have a sense to run

Since Jerry will soon be resolve to going mad of the situation

because of his impending doom

by two teen singers

Sounds a bit silly

or Will they just wind up captured

and its Mama and helen and the general an brian to the rescue

with Keither, Jens, and Chase to make sure nothing happens to Eric and Brandon

You know to trade millions of dollars over who they love and care

In reality - that would seem very crazy to give up money and your life over money

Would you really do that for someone?

Love this chapter! I have to say this; YAY! One down, one to go!!

I'm so glad Yuri died. I hope Brandon and Eric accidentally drives in the wrong direction... And when they realize they are going the wrong way, it's all been resolved.

I'm not even gonna try to guess where this is all heading, cause every time I think I know, it ends up nowhere close to my guess. :lol:

Again, loved the chapter!

Edited by Pai-kun
  • Site Moderator

This is another good chapter. And I've seen a lot of good comments.

Jerry has himself to blame for Yuri. After all, he's the one who sent him over to talk.

Sorry I haven't been online much.. I'm still having computer trouble.

Well, Hrmmm, should I release the name of the next chapter? It's "Desperate Measures".

BTW, Changing Lanes is now complete, except for editing and final changes. The story has 51 chapters and an epilogue.

And, I think we can safely say that chapter 47, Fatal Mistakes, was cliffhanger-free. :2thumbs:

One thing I ought to point out, the final word in the title of chapter 47 is plural (Mistakes). :)

CJ :)

One thing I ought to point out, the final word in the title of chapter 47 is plural (Mistakes). :)

CJ :)

This is a clue, right?

I don't get it. :( ...and my head is hurting again. :wacko:

And, I think we can safely say that chapter 47, Fatal Mistakes, was cliffhanger-free. :2thumbs:

I have to say both sides made mistakes

maybe some where in this two worth of bad vs good

both sides may reach a resolve of being tired of this fighting

if not CJ will have a trilogy to consider

But he has promised a sequel to "For the Love"

need more comedy

Changing Lanes is different from its other book ... less brotherly ... bit more serious for all the characters

Hmmm...goats are nothing if not persistent.

Changing Lanes is different from its other book ... less brotherly ... bit more serious for all the characters

I prefer the brotherly aspects of Let the Music Play, but Changing Lanes is about developing other relationships, especially for Eric. That's good, too.

Sorry I've been gone so much!

I meant to weigh in on the thread far earlier. Sorry. I've been trying to fix my computer, and, for added fun, my dishwasher chose yesterday to explode.

Great catch above on the different aspects of Changing Lanes and LTMP. LTMP was more centered on the brothers, while Changing Lanes is more focused on Eric and the changes in his life.

BTW, getting the relationship between the brothers was not easy for me... I'm an old child. :)

And BTW, yes, the plural of "mistakes" was a clue. It means there was more than one fatal mistake. :)

There will be more of the comedy angle in coming stories; its just been lacking from Changing Lanes for a few chapters, due to the circumstances they are in. All I can say is... HH5, be sure to read the Changing Lanes epilogue when it posts. ;)

It would probably be even harder for an only child. :P

ROFL! Me and my typos. ROFL!!

The Frog is quite correct. Stranger, how he can be so right on things like this, and yet be so wrong when it comes to cliffhangers... 0:)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..