Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Favorite Mystical/Mythological Creatures

Tiger

Favorite Mystical/Mythological Creatures  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite human-like creatures?

2. 2. What are your favorite animal-like creatures

• Dragons
    • Unicorns
    • Gargoyles
    • Griffins
    • Phoenixes
    • Mystical Snakes (such as Basilisks)
    • Other(s) (Please specify)

Very interesting Tiger, but, shame shame, you forgot nymphs. You added fawns but forgot nymphs.

I like dryads and naiads. Thats the tree nymphs and the water nymphs.

I also liked the Gorgons, but me being Athena... that could be why. For those of you who dont know, Hercules gave Athena Medusa's head and she wore it on her breastplate. The eyes were stil able to turn people to stone.

I also like Valkyries. *sigh* Carrying dying warriors off to Valhalla, heck, just being beautiful.

Griffins are awsome. The way you cant tell a lie in thier presence. Hmmm, I should write a story on a world with a Griffen court system... hmmm....

Very interesting Tiger, but, shame shame, you forgot nymphs. You added fawns but forgot nymphs.

I like dryads and naiads. Thats the tree nymphs and the water nymphs.

I also liked the Gorgons, but me being Athena... that could be why. For those of you who dont know, Hercules gave Athena Medusa's head and she wore it on her breastplate. The eyes were stil able to turn people to stone.

I also like Valkyries. *sigh* Carrying dying warriors off to Valhalla, heck, just being beautiful.

Griffins are awsome. The way you cant tell a lie in thier presence. Hmmm, I should write a story on a world with a Griffen court system... hmmm....

Oooooh Valkyries. Surrounded by beautiful women and strong brave dying men... best of all worlds :) AND you get to sing and no one worries if you're a bit on the heavy side

Oooooh Valkyries. Surrounded by beautiful women and strong brave dying men... best of all worlds smile.gif AND you get to sing and no one worries if you're a bit on the heavy side

Nephy', I think you've got it a bit wrong...it's pathetically weak, foolish, dying german men, and strong, buxom women who can sing whilst carrying a spear and those dead men off to the afterworld. I wonder if she does windows or washes cars, though...well, she's german, at least she can cook food like it's nobody's business...

Nephy', I think you've got it a bit wrong...it's pathetically weak, foolish, dying german men, and strong, buxom women who can sing whilst carrying a spear and those dead men off to the afterworld. I wonder if she does windows or washes cars, though...well, she's german, at least she can cook food like it's nobody's business...

I'm not averse to a bit of German sausage... especially with melons for dessert.

Mythical creatures, cool. I'm actually something of a Geek on Mythical creatures.

For the Human-likes I've got to with Centaurs, Fawns, and Werewolves. Part animal creatures always seemed so powerful, so primal to me; especially the Werewolf.

For the Animal-likes the Dragon(I was born in 1988, a Dragon year in Chinesse Zodiac) DEFFINATLY tops list with the Gargoyle and Griffin come in as a close second and third.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl88

• 6 months later...

I like to idealize my creatures... humaniod or otherwise... hmmm my favorite humanoid ones would be merfolk and Nymphs (and I say there's a male counterpart too hehe.... idealize....ya :D). Creature wise... I'd say the thunderbird and kitsune (9 tailed fox of Japanese mythology) and Nessie (the Loch Ness *ahem* Creature.... I was always fascinated with that creature as a child.

For the evil (misunderstood) creatures I like harpies (and I imagine them like angels but ugly skin and feathery appearence and with taloned feet) and succubi and incubi... creatures... kraken and manticore.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooh! This one's a toughie! There are very few mythic creatures I *don't* like. But I am quite frankly astonished I didn't see any Japanese beings represented here! Where's the Kitsune? Tengu? ;_; You gaijin disappoint me! (total lolz there; don't beat me, please! I'll be a good boy!)

Any-who, I gotta root most for the werewolves there. I've got more werewolf stories/pictures then anything else. But centaurs come in a close second. ....No like-y the leeches....no, not at all.

Um...as for the more animalistic mythics, I rooted for phoenixes because I like them a little more then dragons or unicorns. Though naga/snake critters are my 1b choice. I love those tails <3 and the forked tongues. I'm such a herpo-tile sometimes lol.

Ooooh! This one's a toughie! There are very few mythic creatures I *don't* like. But I am quite frankly astonished I didn't see any Japanese beings represented here! Where's the Kitsune? Tengu? ;_; You gaijin disappoint me! (total lolz there; don't beat me, please! I'll be a good boy!)

Any-who, I gotta root most for the werewolves there. I've got more werewolf stories/pictures then anything else. But centaurs come in a close second. ....No like-y the leeches....no, not at all.

Um...as for the more animalistic mythics, I rooted for phoenixes because I like them a little more then dragons or unicorns. Though naga/snake critters are my 1b choice. I love those tails <3 and the forked tongues. I'm such a herpo-tile sometimes lol.

Lol not a lot of people know about the Tengu or the Kitsune outside fo Japan Gabriel. I'm think the Tengu are pretty cool though, part birds rock. Finally a Werewolve lover like myself, big fan of those too. I'm a Dragon person though so I'm odds with your pheonix lol.

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

I'd be happy to bite you but you can't turn into a vampire... either you are one or you're not.

You just crushed my hopes and dreams aleric-cry.gif . I'm just kidding Love ya Nephylim biggrin.gif .

I like to idealize my creatures... humaniod or otherwise... hmmm my favorite humanoid ones would be merfolk and Nymphs (and I say there's a male counterpart too hehe.... idealize....ya biggrin.gif). Creature wise... I'd say the thunderbird and kitsune (9 tailed fox of Japanese mythology) and Nessie (the Loch Ness *ahem* Creature.... I was always fascinated with that creature as a child.

For the evil (misunderstood) creatures I like harpies (and I imagine them like angels but ugly skin and feathery appearence and with taloned feet) and succubi and incubi... creatures... kraken and manticore.

I love the idea of male and female nymphs... I want one some of each :)

I LOVE the thunderbird and the kitsune is sexy. BUT not as sexy as incubi and succubi... I recknon I could handle one of each... maybe not at the same time.... as the nymphs :P

Like I said I like the kitsune. I like werewolves and it is just a complete myth that vampires and werewolves don't get all... we all need pets :P

You just crushed my hopes and dreams aleric-cry.gif . I'm just kidding Love ya Nephylim biggrin.gif .

I'll still bite you if you like. I'm sure I could turn you into something :)

I love the idea of male and female nymphs... I want one some of each smile.gif

I LOVE the thunderbird and the kitsune is sexy. BUT not as sexy as incubi and succubi... I recknon I could handle one of each... maybe not at the same time.... as the nymphs tongue.gif

Like I said I like the kitsune. I like werewolves and it is just a complete myth that vampires and werewolves don't get all... we all need pets tongue.gif

I'll still bite you if you like. I'm sure I could turn you into something smile.gif

lmaosmiley.gifI'm game! Lets go! Hehe.

• 4 weeks later...

Elves over Vampires (Sorry Lestat)

And Phoenixes over Dragons (Jean Grey had something to do with this)

:2thumbs:

I've always loved Elves, even more since I first saw Legolas in LOTR (my first movie crushwub.gif).

Yeah, but you've got to admit that Orlando Bloom isn't exactly discouraging with his looks out of makeup, either!

My secret crush all through HS was a slim blonde guy with cobalt blue eyes that you could see from 50 yards away...which is how I got my first look at them and him from my locker at the beginning of lunch the first day of my soph' year. About 2 months ago I saw a guy at a Home Depot just around the corner, and I would swear it was him or lose my 'privates' if it wasn't. Damn, he still takes my breath away!

Edited by KJames

Vampires - how can i not love them after reading Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. They are what real vampires are meant to be like sexy, dark, alluring...not some poncy teenager that sparkles in the sun THEY'RE NOT MEANT TO BE PRANCING AROUND IN THE DAYLIGHT ANYWAY! Also after watching all 7 seasons on Buffy The Vampire Slayer, i'm slightly bias.

Other: Shaun Tan characters - i dont even think they have names, but they're so cute and expressive and he's an amazing illustrator. Each character is just so creative and interesting, i love 'the lost thing', i love Shaun Tan.