Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Sorry, this may sound stupid and superficial... but can you change the font for Wade. Like a common helvetica. I find hard to read the one you chose. Unless you think people wouldn't notice the difference between narrators. But give us the benefit of the doubt.

Also, maybe it's my monitor or my eyes... or the combination of both. tongue.gif

Edited by Vacartu

Sorry, this may sound stupid and superficial... but can you change the font for Wade. Like a common helvetica. I find hard to read the one you chose. Unless you think people wouldn't notice the difference between narrators. But give us the benefit of the doubt.

Also, maybe it's my monitor or my eyes... or the combination of both. tongue.gif

Well, that decision is in Sharon's hands. She is the Goddess of Wade's font.

The original font Mark chose for Wade hurt my eyes. blink.gif

Then use Verdana.

Um...don't know if you've noticed this, but everything I've written has been done in Verdana.biggrin.gif

The reason?

One of the hottest guys I ever met in my life, a student of mine, told me that Verdana was the coolest, classiest of all the fonts. I figured that if a walking God thought that, who was I to object?

Um...don't know if you've noticed this, but everything I've written has been done in Verdana.biggrin.gif

The reason?

One of the hottest guys I ever met in my life, a student of mine, told me that Verdana was the coolest, classiest of all the fonts. I figured that if a walking God thought that, who was I to object?

Hehe... that's as good a reason as any. I one used a font because I came across it while I was writing a story and coincidentally it had the same name as the surname of my main characters :) It's a crazy world :)

Oh and BTW.... is's Tuesday ;)

The reason?

One of the hottest guys I ever met in my life, a student of mine, told me that Verdana was the coolest, classiest of all the fonts.

ch47: woah.

huh.

this sickbed is quite a many chapters long.

Fortunately, Mark cannot kill him. Otherwise, this dragging on could have too depressing an effect already now.

Edited by Enric

Oh... How come the chapters on your web are in Times New Roman? Or another font with serif. Wade is conservative in his way, right? And he's particular about his clothes and stuff. He should have some neat and conservative font. Ugh... we're discussing a font type! Now how gay is that! :D:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courier_(typeface) It seems pretty conservative. It was developed in the 50's, used on the ubiquitous IBM Selectric typewriter, and used by the State Department.

ch47: woah.

huh.

this sickbed is quite a many chapters long.

Fortunately, Mark cannot kill him. Otherwise, this dragging on could have too depressing an effect already now.

Not all illnesses resolve themselves in a chapter.

That really was something. If you make somebody to care about a fictive person like it were a member of their own family, it really means something. You've proved that several times already, Mark, but nothing was that intense like a link to Matt. Maybe I project too much in the story, maybe it's because a very close friend of mine could end up pretty bad himself, I don't know. But the feeling I got reading that chapter, that was just so real, it scares me. Because it was feeling like losing a good friend.

Well, I'm looking forward to next chapter, because it will be on Christmas Eve, if I count properly, and I have hope that it would be first of the chapters with more positive news. That's funny... Christmas, with its message of hope, may bring us hope for Matt's recovering. :)

BTW I recognized Courier (and have no problem with it ;) ) just saying that the font the stories are written is with serif while Verdana is sans serif font.

<nerd fit>

The style sheet on Mark's GA website sets the font as a "serif" font and it picks the font you see based on its availability, like this:

font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

So, if you have Georgia, you get the Georgia font, if you don't have Georgia but do have Times New Roman that's what you'll see, and if you are one of the cool kids on a Mac or Linux you'll get Times. If you don't have any of those, it falls back to any serif font you have on your system.

If you read the stories on Mark's yahoo group, the same thing happens but it's all "sans-serif" fonts. For whatever reason.

</nerd fit>

<font fag fit>

The most beautifully made sans-serif font EVER is Helvetica. There are no substitutes, except MAYBE Futura. Verdana was designed by MICROSOFT (!!!!) for display, not print. It looks terrible when its printed.

The most beautifully made serif font is Times. Not Times New Roman, TIMES. The original newspaper body font. Times New Roman is to Times what cheap knockoff Walmart lingerie is to Victoria Secret lace teddies. I may have said too much

</font fag fit>

Oh, and great chapter! Except for all the sickness and stuff.

That really was something. If you make somebody to care about a fictive person like it were a member of their own family, it really means something. You've proved that several times already, Mark, but nothing was that intense like a link to Matt. Maybe I project too much in the story, maybe it's because a very close friend of mine could end up pretty bad himself, I don't know. But the feeling I got reading that chapter, that was just so real, it scares me. Because it was feeling like losing a good friend.

Well, I'm looking forward to next chapter, because it will be on Christmas Eve, if I count properly, and I have hope that it would be first of the chapters with more positive news. That's funny... Christmas, with its message of hope, may bring us hope for Matt's recovering. :)

BTW I recognized Courier (and have no problem with it ;) ) just saying that the font the stories are written is with serif while Verdana is sans serif font.

Thanks Paya. You think I've got a message of hope lined up for you on Christmas Eve? You're pretty good at reading my mind, so we'll see.

<nerd fit>

The style sheet on Mark's GA website sets the font as a "serif" font and it picks the font you see based on its availability, like this:

font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

So, if you have Georgia, you get the Georgia font, if you don't have Georgia but do have Times New Roman that's what you'll see, and if you are one of the cool kids on a Mac or Linux you'll get Times. If you don't have any of those, it falls back to any serif font you have on your system.

If you read the stories on Mark's yahoo group, the same thing happens but it's all "sans-serif" fonts. For whatever reason.

</nerd fit>

<font fag fit>

The most beautifully made sans-serif font EVER is Helvetica. There are no substitutes, except MAYBE Futura. Verdana was designed by MICROSOFT (!!!!) for display, not print. It looks terrible when its printed.

The most beautifully made serif font is Times. Not Times New Roman, TIMES. The original newspaper body font. Times New Roman is to Times what cheap knockoff Walmart lingerie is to Victoria Secret lace teddies. I may have said too much

</font fag fit>

Oh, and great chapter! Except for all the sickness and stuff.

I post the stories on my yahoo group in HTML format (the cheesy kind you get with WORD, not the real kind that programmers use) so I have no idea how that shows up on everyone's browser.

Amazing how you guys know so much about fonts, and how easy I was to trust that hot guy. He was an A&F model though. tongue.gif

Chapter 47. Un-f**king-believable. Mark, you have out done yourself.

I'm ready to start bawling, and then there is this:

There was silence for a moment, and I fought back the laughter inside, at seeing Brad and Stef grapple with being called hotheads. Robbie lost the battle first, and then JP, laughing at the two of them, while Brad and Stef looked at each other first, then glared at their partners. Brad was the one who got his wits back first. "Let's call it righteous indignation," he said with a smile.

How f**king great is that!?!

And this:

I made a mental note not to blow him in front of them nonetheless, and that almost made me laugh.

I did laugh.

And, finally, this:

He walked up to Matt and dipped his index finger into my cum and then put it in Matt's mouth. "I'm reminding him what's waiting for him out here when he gets well." I tried not to laugh but I couldn't. I was almost hysterical, watching Cody dip his finger into the pool of my cum in his hand and then let it drip into Matt's mouth. He didn't put all that much in, there was still a lot left in his palm. Then he looked at me, straight in the eyes, held up his palm, licked my cum off and swallowed it. It was probably the sexiest f**king thing I'd seen.

And I cried because of the inescapable beauty of the moment.

Thanks, Mark.

Edited by amBIguoustwo

Chapter 47. Un-f**king-believable. Mark, you have out done yourself.

I'm ready to start bawling, and then there is this:

There was silence for a moment, and I fought back the laughter inside, at seeing Brad and Stef grapple with being called hotheads. Robbie lost the battle first, and then JP, laughing at the two of them, while Brad and Stef looked at each other first, then glared at their partners. Brad was the one who got his wits back first. "Let's call it righteous indignation," he said with a smile.

How f**king great is that!?!

And this:

I made a mental note not to blow him in front of them nonetheless, and that almost made me laugh.

I did laugh.

And, finally, this:

He walked up to Matt and dipped his index finger into my cum and then put it in Matt's mouth. "I'm reminding him what's waiting for him out here when he gets well." I tried not to laugh but I couldn't. I was almost hysterical, watching Cody dip his finger into the pool of my cum in his hand and then let it drip into Matt's mouth. He didn't put all that much in, there was still a lot left in his palm. Then he looked at me, straight in the eyes, held up his palm, licked my cum off and swallowed it. It was probably the sexiest f**king thing I'd seen.

And I cried because of the inescapable beauty of the moment.

Thanks, Mark.

Thanks! Sometimes it's really fun to write dialog, and to visualize its impact on the characters. Like you, I had this vision of a totally flummoxed Brad and Stef trying not to be irritated at being called hotheads. And I thought it was poetic justice, since they spend so much time ribbing everyone else.

I already knew that the love between Matt and Wade was great, but I was struck in this chapter by Wade's devotion to Matt. It's wonderful how he stays with Matt, just because he knows Matt wants to see him there. It's a heavy burden for an 18/19 year old guy but Wade bears it well. I thought about what I was like at that age and there's no way I could have handled a similar situation as well as Wade has. He's just amazing.

I was also thrilled that Matt's parents saw the light, so to speak, and are ready to accept Matt and act like real parents again. It's a shame that they had to face the possibility of losing Matt to open their minds and hearts, but I guess late is better than never.

I already knew that the love between Matt and Wade was great, but I was struck in this chapter by Wade's devotion to Matt. It's wonderful how he stays with Matt, just because he knows Matt wants to see him there. It's a heavy burden for an 18/19 year old guy but Wade bears it well. I thought about what I was like at that age and there's no way I could have handled a similar situation as well as Wade has. He's just amazing.

I was also thrilled that Matt's parents saw the light, so to speak, and are ready to accept Matt and act like real parents again. It's a shame that they had to face the possibility of losing Matt to open their minds and hearts, but I guess late is better than never.

I think sometimes you have to lose something to really appreciate it. I think that's what finally dislodged Matt's parents from their pillars.

I agree with you, and I don't see the same level of maturity in Matt that I see in Wade, which, IMHO, is what makes this plausible. In some ways, Matt is still a boy, while Wade has matured into a man.

It makes sense that Wade is more mature, because he's had to grow up very fast in the D.C. world where jaded cyncism is what's for breakfast. Not to mention what his parents did to him. Whereas Matt grew up in this very sheltered, upper-class suburban lifestyle. I think it's been very fascinating to see what a Hayes would have been like if he had been reared in an upper-class environment-he doesn't carry around the self-loathing and self-destructive tendencies of the typical Hayes, yet Matt is still just as emotional as Robbie or Jeff and cannot pull of the cooly unemotional rationality that people like JP and Wade can. It's interesting how even though Matt was raised that way, he can't quite pull off being a blue-blood.

• Like 2

Well... that was an awesome chapter. There was drama and pain but also lightness. I have read elsewhere today about intensity and suffering being part of life but not a part that can be comfortably read about in large doses without some relief. I think you have the balance right in this chapter. There was pain and suffering but also lightness and even laughter. Given how heavy the chapter was it couldn't have ended better.

I think this chapter is a clear illustration of why you are so popular and your stories are so well received and discussed. It was written by a master and has not only given me a great read and emotion to carry with me throught the day along with plenty to think about but it has also taught me something about writing and what makes a good story a great story.

Thank you

Edited by Nephylim
  • Like 1

Yesterday I saw Memoirs of a Geisha. And I learned how to bow and apologize properly. I hope Sharon accept my humble apologies. (Elbows by the side, lowered head, not looking straight at the eyes,...) Did I get it right? worshippy.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..