Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

Thanks Mark. Finally Matt's back on track.

So Whist's back, and there's that Jerry thing. And all I can say as a proud member of Team Wade is: BRING IT ON BITCH!

(Sorry Isidore, I need to spend more time with you and get more refined innocent.gif)

Edited by Vacartu

hey if were picking teams i pick team LARK!!! muwhaha oldest character. or Team....Brad/Clair/Ace/Jack :D They were the best team so far :D :D

Can we go for more teams at once? :D Like Team Stef, Brad and Matt? Yes? Yay!

I have grown to love Matt a lot, but I am thinking I love Wade even better. :2thumbs: Maybe the next story will be Wade and how he will change the world for all of us. Wade meets Obama.

I really liked that chapter, it made me smile. Poor old Whist...he's really getting screwed and not in a good way... so is Jerry hehe.

I am liking Wade's POV it's so different to Matt's. The speech was awesome, the way it covered so much but was cohesive and funny.

What I really want to know is how long does it take Wade and Matt to get Anthony into bed :)

well... we really can't compare them too much because we know JP from age 26 but Wade is only 18... but I'd say JP is more ruthless (mainly to his opponents). Although Wade knows how to use means he has at disposal and he's really good in politics, he seems to me to be more caring, even for his opponents. Wade is softer than JP. But that may change over time. JP in 26 went straight for his goal. We saw only two goals Wade had - seduce Matt/get in his room ("Cramer doesn't snore.") and now the GLBT club take over. So it's not the same JP fought in the history department in Chicago. But it's also not photos of a Nazi colleague nor the guy taking care of problems... So Wade is as cunning as JP, we haven't seen him fight a true enemy, to fight for his career or job. Well there is the fight against his Dad, the newspaper coming out but still... I hope I made myself clear a little? :blink: Another example: while JP went for a kill, if something threatened his family, Wade sacrificed himself for his brother. Just different approach.

We haven't seen JP to be so obsessive about his things in order as Wade is. He may like to plan his free time and all... but no obsessions for symmetry in everything.

And JP didn't f**k girls just on his deliberate will. Or at least we don't know about it much. He can love Isidore but nothing like Wade's hos.

Wow Paya. Those were great observations. Thanks!

Also I think that JP would much prefer to remain quietly in the background and let his actions speak louder than words so to speak while Wade has no problem stepping right up to the plate, front and center. They are both action oriented and get the results they desire, just very different methods.

JP is used to hiding his feelings and emotions because he's from a generation that unfortunately grew up hiding their true sexuality, whereas todays generation have many examples of "I'm out and proud". Doesn't necesarily make it any easier for many kids but at least some figure out they are not alone. Can you imagine what would have happened if JP went to his college newspaper to announce his coming out during that time period? Wade could do something like that and still be accepted by his friends. Wade had other secrets to hide and I guess he feels they are a lot worse than hiding his sexuality or his relationship with Matt.

I think Wade is kind of a combination of both JP and Steph in a way. JP's conviction and Steph's cult of personality.

And Matt is kind of a cross between Brad and Robbie. Brad's hotheaded fight the good fight attitude and Robbies loving cuddliness (not really sure that is a word, lol)

How could we not love these two young guys!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well i think that JP and wade have some similarities and differences like that above, but of all else, they completly give themselves and there resources to there family. like an "Anything goes" for family, and that drives me insane because in reality people just....well don't. i had a conversation with a bud today about how he'll have his money and his wife has hers.

i'm like "Untill she runs out", He's like "nope, not unless i want too"

Pfft i was like good luck having a stable romance. Course money is usualy what drives a relationship apart, which we havent really had exept through brian. Which in a way, wades belief in bloodlines (through his organization skills) is similar to brians belief that JP's Money is somehow rightfully his. lol EDIT: like i mean The fact it's GOTTA be because of his Bloodline or his upbringing he's organizational. It couldn't be just because he likes it :P

I'm currious is wage our narrator till the end now? if so i'm not to mad. if not. well i wouldn't be mad either i like both personalitys, just matt is more about the sex and pleasing and thinking is off. But hey Opposites attract!! haha tongue.gif

Anyway.......Any news on the future....say a month from now?? Will there be a Continuing story? or possibly a new story in general??

I wouldn't mind a random short story....the ones you have written are hilarious.

Anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

Edited by Mark M

It's great when you're reading a story and you conclude that it just couldn't get any better and then...POW...it gets better! :2thumbs: Simply amazing, Mark.

I enjoyed reading the very astute observations from members following Mark's question on Wade's and JP's personalities. Bravo.

Stef was at his very best at the GBLT presentation. :lmao: I just couldn't stop laughing.

tutti -

I just got back from christmas and read chp 47. I'm not reading anyone elses posts until I get caught up. I have to say I'm getting really worried that Matt's either going to die or be permanently damaged in some way by our dear author. Now for my belated thoughts.

Thank god for Cody showing up. I thought that he might try to be a support for Wade and was getting bummed that it wasn't happening. Then in the end he did that wonderful thing and topped it off by signaling that he would be there if Wade needed him. I guess he realized that he could not do more, because Wade was having none of anyone upsetting his delicate balance. It is good to know that if the worst (grumble) does happen Cody would be there for Wade to find shelter.

Poor Robbie, he's such an emotional parent. At least Brad is keeping an even keel.

OK I have to admit that I was surprised and a little touched that the Carswolds showed. When the love is true, it does win out in the end. After all there is 4000 yrs of oral and written tradition to back up that sentiment.

Wade... Who couldn't love the man. His quiet control in the face of others. His raw emotion and unyeilding support given openly to the man he loves. (sigh) And the part I like best about him, that flawless, firm yet gentle manipulation of everyone around him. His handling of the Carswolds was like he came straight from the drawing room, or the parlor of a Back Bay brownstone. OH do I like his character. Still he is only 18 and there are cracks appearing in his plaster. The sugar thing is not a good sign of his mental state nor is his increasing panic over the constant visitors. I hope that Brad or Steph see some sign of the effect this is having on him soon.

OK that is it for now. I could go on but you are all two chapters ahead so anything more is just me spewing See you all soon in Chp 49. Now on to 48...

Dave

Mark -

Chp 48... You just had to bring Whist back? Well I have no doubt that Wade will make short work of him and that flamer queen bitch. Alas I see that you are telling us that nothing has changed in the campus gay clubs since they started in the late 70s. Of course back then they were more social club than political entity, and no faculty member advisors. But just as loaded with drama, infighting and enormous wastes of energy over very small personalities who got their way by being the biggest bitch in the room. For all of that, progress has been good in thirty years.

He Is Going To Live! YEAH! I just knew you'd come to your senses. Wade crying in relief, ...silly boy, of course you are! All that silly training takes such a toll on him. On the other hand I'm very happy that you showed how strong that training can make a person at a time of crisis. The sense of calm and order one gets from habits and ritual allows the mind to deal with the less predictable parts of life easier. Providing you do not retreat into the ritual and stop dealing with the unfortunate, at which time you are just a very expensively dressed waste of space.

Can't wait to see what Wade does in 49.

Dave

I'm glad you're catching up Dave!biggrin.gif

There are some people that are just too fun together to pass up. Stef and Whist fall into that category. Or Tonto and anyone.

Too bad JJ and Will never got to know her. I bet she would have cheered the loudest at JJ's skating competitions. But she would have to be pushing 100 had she still been alive, and I wouldn't have wanted her to be stuck in a nursing home. Eh. Anyways, I think the power trips that people get on in school clubs is universial.

Too bad JJ and Will never got to know her. I bet she would have cheered the loudest at JJ's skating competitions. But she would have to be pushing 100 had she still been alive, and I wouldn't have wanted her to be stuck in a nursing home. Eh. Anyways, I think the power trips that people get on in school clubs is universial.

I think you're right. I didn't really do much research on clubs of that era, I just assumed they were pretty similar, that they were the kind of things that really didn't change all that much.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..