Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Merry Christmas, and an update

To all of my readers and friends, I want to take this time to say a couple of things:

First of all, I truly hope that you thoroughly enjoy this holiday season. I'm sure there are many different religious beliefs represented in this crowd, but this time of year seems to be a universal time of celebration (if for no other reason than for New Years!). Those of you who know me will probably find my well-wishes at this time of year somewhat odd, seeing that I don't believe there is a God and I have a, shall we say, "jaded" view of organized religion. Still, that doesn't detract from the overall spirit of the season, and the focus on looking around and appreciating the people that are important to you. You are important to me.

I also want to take a moment to thank my team. Without them, I'd be a hack. You see a few of them here at GA, Sharon and Jeremy. Sharon is by all accounts evil personified, but I think that just makes her sexier, don't you? And Jeremy, so erstwhile, so young, and so willing to please (keep that in mind if you're in Delaware): he works so diligently to create a soundtrack for us. They are both awesome people, and good friends. Hidden in the background (probably by choice) is Joe Smith, who posts my stories to the site and keeps up with my frenetic pace. Not only that, he will work his ass off, adjust his schedule, and go through all kinds of contortions to get a chapter up, even if it interferes with his personal life. And as if that wasn't enough, he's hot as hell. You don't see the comments of the Peters, but you see the results of their work. Peter A. Nonymous is unbelievably good at detecting anachronisms or inconsistencies in my stories and weeding them out. Peter Anderson is the Doc who walked me through the medical difficulties with Matt, along with all the other medical issues before that. Jay is my definitive resource on kink, a surprisingly important role in the CAP saga, and Adam kicks me in the ass when I go off track. You see him around here, working hard to finish "It Started With Bryan" for Sam. They are amazing people.

Finally, I've slowed down my writing a bit, primarily because I haven't hit a real vein with HMS Belvidera yet. I'm getting there, but I'm posting slower because I'm doing a lot of re-writing. I want the details to be right. Bloodlines is finished at 53 chapters and will keep on posting, interrupted when a Belvidera chapter completes. Chapter 48 will post on or before Christmas, and it is much more upbeat than the last few. A nice tone to celebrate the holidays! And you get to see a few characters you may have forgotten about.

Thanks again to all of you for your support, whether it's by simply reading what I write, or by railing on me in the forums, you make this worthwhile, and you make writing fun.

Merry Christmas, Mark. Thank you for taking so much of your free time during the past year to write such wonderful stories for us that keep us all begging for more updates, faster! Even if we get a bit impatient sometimes, it's only because we enjoy your stories so much.

Happy holidays to all!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..