Cool Quotations

Chuck Palaniuk:

What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is someone that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Someone addicted to me. A mutual addiction.

"A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be there with you saying, 'Damn that was fun.'"

~Anonymous

That one has always been my favorite.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered-

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in England now-a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Henry V – act iv scene iii

Edited by PrivateTim

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered-

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in England now-a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Henry V

This is a quote from Patrick (WatchPatRun) from a while back before he randomly decided to delete me on facebook...I'm not bitter about it...but anyways, here it is. He said this to me at a time when I was going through some really difficult stuff:

"But don't ever feel like you are not self-sufficient, because even if you get into a relationship, you need to be. If you can't rely on yourself, then you certainly can not rely on someone else either. ALWAYS keep your independence no matter what. It's vital to survival. lol."

Some Country Wisdom

Don't name a pig you plan to eat.

Country fences need to be horse high, pig tight, and bull strong.

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.

Life is simpler when you plow around the stumps.

A bumble bee is faster than a John Deere tractor.

Trouble with a milk cow is she won't stay milked.

Don't skinny dip with snapping turtles.

Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

Meanness don't happen overnight.

To know how country folks are doing, look at their barns, not their houses.

Never lay an angry hand on a kid or an animal, it just ain't helpful.

Teachers, Moms, and hoot owls sleep with one eye open.

Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads.

Don't sell your only mule to buy a plow.

Two can live as cheap as one if one don't eat.

Don't corner something meaner than you.

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, assuming you want to catch flies.

Man is the only critter who feels the need to label things as flowers or weeds.

It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.

Don't go huntin' with a fellow named Chug-A-Lug.

You can't unsay a cruel thing.

Every path has some puddles.

Don't wrestle with pigs: You'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it.

The best sermons are lived, not preached.

Most of the stuff people worry about never happens.

The Ten Commandments display was removed from the Alabama Supreme Court building. There was a good reason for the move. You can't post Thou Shalt Not Steal, Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery and Thou Shall Not Lie in a building full of lawyers and Politicians without creating a hostile work environment.

"The cake is a lie." (I couldn't help myself...)

Well, if we're going to open up the Portal box ...

"While safety is one of many Enrichment Center goals, the Aperture Science High-Energy Pellets seen to the left of the chamber can and have caused permanent disabilities, such as vaporization. Please be careful."

"Warning devices are required on all mobile equipment. However, alarms and flashing hazard lights have been found to agitate the High Energy Pellet, and have therefore been disabled for your safety."

"Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official testing record. Followed by death. Good luck!"

"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide safe testing environments. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it."

"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak."

"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube cannot speak. In the event that the Weighted Companion Cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice."

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me."

"There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend the Companion Cube. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends, because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too."

• Like 1

Here are a few of my favorites I hope you enjoy.

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allan Poe

"It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance.

It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance.

It's the one who won't be 'taken' who cannot seem to give.

And the soul afraid of dying that never seems to live." -Bette Midler

"God dammit! An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables, slaves with white collars.

Advertising has its tastes in cars and clothes, working jobs we HATE to buy shit we don't need.

We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose, no place. We have no great war,

no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives.

We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars.

But we won't. We're slowly learning this fact...and we're very, very pissed off." -Fight Club

Ok, some of my favourites

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." don't remember who

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." - Anna Quindlen

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." - Andy Warhol

• Site Moderator

A couple of my favorites.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes four muscles to extend your arm and slap the idiot upside the head.

Any child can tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble. - Dennis Fakes.

Attributed to Sir Winston Churchill upon walking into a rather 'stuffy' dinner and being corralled into a series of introductions, "Madam, you are ugly!"

To which she indignantly replied, "And you sir are quite drunk!"

"And I shall be sober in the morning!" He replied, not missing a beat.

Edited by KJames

Well, if we're going to open up the Portal box ...

"While safety is one of many Enrichment Center goals, the Aperture Science High-Energy Pellets seen to the left of the chamber can and have caused permanent disabilities, such as vaporization. Please be careful."

"Warning devices are required on all mobile equipment. However, alarms and flashing hazard lights have been found to agitate the High Energy Pellet, and have therefore been disabled for your safety."

"Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official testing record. Followed by death. Good luck!"

"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide safe testing environments. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it."

"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak."

"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube cannot speak. In the event that the Weighted Companion Cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice."

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me."

"There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend the Companion Cube. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends, because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too."

The writers of that game were far beyond genius lol. lovve ittttt

The Dolls

by W. B. Yeats

A doll in the doll-maker's house

Looks at the cradle and bawls:

"That is an insult to us."

But the oldest of all the dolls,

Who had seen, being kept for show,

Generations of his sort,

Out-screams the whole shelf: "Although

There's not a man can report

Evil of this place,

The man and the woman bring

Hither, to our disgrace,

A noisy and filthy thing."

Hearing him groan and stretch

The doll-maker's wife is aware

Her husband has heard the wretch,

And crouched by the arm of his chair,

She murmurs into his ear,

Head upon shoulder leant:

"My dear, my dear, O dear,

It was an accident.""

The Dolls

by W. B. Yeats

A doll in the doll-maker's house

Looks at the cradle and bawls:

"That is an insult to us."

But the oldest of all the dolls,

Who had seen, being kept for show,

Generations of his sort,

Out-screams the whole shelf: "Although

There's not a man can report

Evil of this place,

The man and the woman bring

Hither, to our disgrace,

A noisy and filthy thing."

Hearing him groan and stretch

The doll-maker's wife is aware

Her husband has heard the wretch,

And crouched by the arm of his chair,

She murmurs into his ear,

Head upon shoulder leant:

"My dear, my dear, O dear,

It was an accident.""

Oh, we're doing whole poems now...alright, I'm gonna go with Marianne Williamson for 500:

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,

gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking

so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.

It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give

other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our fear,

our presence automatically liberates others.

BOOM! I just dropped an awesome bomb!

Edited by Mr. Greg