Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Box

The Hayes are supposed to be blond. ;)

The bartender walked up and I ordered a beer and bought one for Frank. After that, we actually had a friendly conversation before he headed back to his table. That was the way all my interactions with Frank went. He'd start off taunting and provoking me, then I'd piss him off, then he'd act like a normal person. All the Hayes men were like that except their oldest son. He'd gone to school with Jim, and had from all accounts been a pretty cool guy. He'd joined the army with Steven and gotten killed even before Steven had. But the rest of the kids were like Frank. Their father sure had f**ked them up.

Still, as I eyed him across the room, I couldn't help but notice how handsome he was. But for the fact that he had light brown hair, he looked like Tony Dow on steroids. I remembered how hard it had been not to stare at him in the locker room in high school. I thought about how much more handsome he would be if his posture wasn't so aggressive and he smiled, genuinely smiled more often. Instead, he leaned into people to intimidate them, and used angry looks or snide smiles, even the occasional snarl, to complete the process of proclaiming himself as THE alpha male.

This award has swelled up my ego so now I'm quoting myself. tongue.gif

Right. And you specifically wrote Robbie and Matt having dark blond hair. Robbie, especially after years of living in California, prolly had hair that got bleached to dark blond from all that sun.

Right. And you specifically wrote Robbie and Matt having dark blond hair. Robbie, especially after years of living in California, prolly had hair that got bleached to dark blond from all that sun.

I'm not blond, but my hair (dark brown) would get reddish tinges during the summer when I was younger. Of course, as soon as summer was over and it grew out, those tinges were gone. I don't think that would permanently bleach out Robbie's hair, but then again, he lives in LA, the land of fake boobs and artificial body parts, so he probably looks however he wants to look. biggrin.gif

Got it- the reference to Billy, and therefore Robbie's, hair color.

We came around a stand of trees and ran into three other guys who looked to be about our age. There was nothing significant about that, and there wasn't anything particularly significant about them, except one of them. The guy in the middle of the group looked just like Billy. They noticed it too. All seven of us stopped and froze. Billy is tall, real tall; at 15 he was pushing 6'2. He had dark blond hair, and a face that looked like that Tony Dow guy on the old "Leave it to Beaver" re-runs. This guy looked to be a little older than him, maybe about 17, but could pass for his twin. There was absolutely no way this similarity could be coincidental. It was too extreme, too identical.

Ace broke the ice, of course, by introducing himself. "Hey. I'm Ace, and these are my brothers Brad and Billy. And that's Jake."

"Hey" said Billy's twin. The other guys with him seemed to fade away, laughing. I guess they had other things to do, or they really didn't give a shit about this guy. "I'm Robbie."

Billy spoke next. "We look exactly alike. It's kind of weird. I have to say, though, that you are a very handsome guy." We all started laughing at that. Billy had a good sense of humor when he let it out.

"Yeah, you're a pretty nice looking guy too," Robbie said laughing. "I guess I should catch up with my friends."

I think Frank just had slightly darker hair than his brother Jeff and son Robbie. It's probably that shade of brown where it's debatable as to whether or not it's actually brown.

But yeah, the Hayes are generally supposed to be blond. Ish.

The Schluters tend to be VERY blond, though- strawberry blond with green eyes, right? And the Cramptons lean towards having dark blond hair. Brad got his dark hair from the milkman. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85

Oh that's the chapter when Isidore faints and JP gets weak in knees! :2thumbs: I absolutely LOVE that scene, when they get him home! :D

Yep. My favorite in that one was Stefan. I had to write him in. "You mind if I look around in the back seat? I think I left a bag of weed in there years ago." Or something like that. Makes me want to go buy a used car.

Holy shit! I am not surprised that Marie was a total slut, but she f**ked her own nephew and his best friend/lover. But then, we see JP getting all huffy about it, but I think we forget. Everyone talks about Stefan's sluttyness, but come on, JP may not be as much of a slut, but he's still a slut. Anyway, whoa... that was one of the most dramatic chapters so far. I know part of it is the lying, but he of all people should understand his mother and what her motivations were. She also felt guilty about it to a certain extent, but that doesn't seem to matter to JP. I'm probably being too hard on him here, but it's just the way I see things.

And jhol, I think you mean Marie. Tonto cheated only once and it was with Marie.

Edited by Tiger

Holy shit! I am not surprised that Marie was a total slut, but she f**ked her own nephew and his best friend/lover. But then, we see JP getting all huffy about it, but I think we forget. Everyone talks about Stefan's sluttyness, but come on, JP may not be as much of a slut, but he's still a slut. Anyway, whoa... that was one of the most dramatic chapters so far. I know part of it is the lying, but he of all people should understand his mother and what her motivations were. She also felt guilty about it to a certain extent, but that doesn't seem to matter to JP. I'm probably being too hard on him here, but it's just the way I see things.

And jhol, I think you mean Marie. Tonto cheated only once and it was with Marie.

oh I see now, Imma have to go back nd read it, I forgot Tonto was Stefan's mother not Jp's.

And poor Steven getting crushed like that, I wouldn't want to keep sleeping with the guy but i can see why Steven is hooked on to him.

I thought it was spectacular. Does it feel weird to anyone else seeing how shy and yet silently mature JP was as a kid?

Cute to see him crushing on him though.

Actually, I think it makes a lot of sense. JP has always been kinda unnerving- it makes sense he made one creepy little child.

ch8: it all can be condensed to the word French....

and it all here really isn't even incest. None of them are related by blood...

basically, they just emulate the phenomenon where they share similar tastes with their blood kin...

Edited by Enric

Actually, I think it makes a lot of sense. JP has always been kinda unnerving- it makes sense he made one creepy little child.

Ya but JP is ten years his Junior. So he is . . . what . . . about 10 or 11 here? And he is so . . . quiet.

Ya, I think you used the right word. "Creepy" Sincere and deeply loving, but always creepy.

JP cannot be more than about five.

the Westermarck effect should have an impact to kids under six..... if they were familiar (constantly) enough with the other.

and, really, thus far in this series, I have not seen JP to have sexual feelings (even posthumous) towards Steven.

• Like 1

JP cannot be more than about five.

the Westermarck effect should have an impact to kids under six..... if they were familiar (constantly) enough with the other.

and, really, thus far in this series, I have not seen JP to have sexual feelings (even posthumous) towards Steven.

Interesting. I had not heard of the Westermarck Effect. I love learning something new.

But with this family, it's more likely the Stockholm effect. Where hostages become partners in their own captivity.:blink:

Man, and I thought MY family was messed up. This makes that old TV series Dynasty look more like a remake of Mary Poppins. This could at times be an episode of "Soap" however.:funny:

Interesting. I had not heard of the Westermarck Effect. I love learning something new.

It is pretty interesting. Brad was about five or six years old when he came to live with the Cramptons, and by the age of 10, he had developed a crush on Ace, his adoptive brother. They fooled around a little bit, but Ace was clearly straight and that all ended by the time of Be Rad, in their late teens. So because Brad became Ace's brother just after the age of the Westermarck Effect, he was able to develop a sexual attaction to Ace in early adolescence.

It contrasts with the case of JJ and Will Schluter- even though they are not biologically brothers, they have been raised as brothers since infancy. I think that means that JJ and Will, as they get further into their teens- are not going to be sexually interested in each other.

I really wish Claire and Ace could have been there to find out. Ace would have flipped out, for sure.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..