Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Box

But you know, if Brian is trying to hurt everyone (if it is him), why not go after JP too? I am not sure Stanford would appreciate knowing a department chair is also a pot-head...

:blink: Where do you think he's getting it? We're talking Stanford here after all.

0:) Besides, I'm sure he doesn't inhale. :lol:

I have read the entire series, but it has been quite a while. I have to write things down to remember things about my own stories. Keeping track of everyone else's is quite difficult, especially the small details. :P

I recognize that's a problem. I'm sorry about that. I've made a vow in the next story to try and be a little better at bringing past facts and people into the story.

But you know, if Brian is trying to hurt everyone (if it is him), why not go after JP too? I am not sure Stanford would appreciate knowing a department chair is also a pot-head...

He's got tenure. He'll have to kill someone to get fired. Then again...it could happen.tongue.gif

Chapt. 10

Amphion, from Wiki -->

1) Son of Zeus and Antiope, twin brother of Zethus

2) Son of Iasus and Persephone, King of the Minyans

3) Son of Hyperasius and Hypso, an Argonaut

I am guessing it's Brian.

I think I've got it. I think something will happen between Steve and JP that will change Steven's determination not to go to war. He will want to go to protect JP and the JP's of the world. But JP will convince himself it was his fault that Steven went to war. His fault that he died.

My thoughts anyways. And that's how a child's mind works. It can affect his personality for the rest of his life.

I think I've got it. I think something will happen between Steve and JP that will change Steven's determination not to go to war. He will want to go to protect JP and the JP's of the world. But JP will convince himself it was his fault that Steven went to war. His fault that he died.

My thoughts anyways. And that's how a child's mind works. It can affect his personality for the rest of his life.

that sounds interesting ricky

P.S. Mark, why is your Forum listed between D and G?

that sounds interesting ricky

P.S. Mark, why is your Forum listed between D and G? :blink: I thought for a while it got lost, I couldn't find it.

I'm not sure why that is either. I'll check on that.

This last chapter brought two stories one the present 1999 which just begins to question who (it must be Brian) is trying to ruin Stephan business plans and Steven and the War. By the way wasn't Tonto's letter found in top of the journal in the Box? She must have read the journal, because she said she would keep his secrets as he kept hers. And I also remember that there are letters in the box too. One of the things Mark does the best is bring those people to life, if you guys are like me you are liking Steven more and more. Still some deep dark secret is hidden in those pages. Some thing between JP and Steven. One more thing, why was Aaron forgot about? Tonto honored Steven's memory. But Aaron forgotten about by the Hayes family. Was he not a war hero? Were they not both war heroes?

I'm also Intrigued to get some Answers to our freaking questions!! The box is growing on me, although the title of it i hate because it relates to a very stupid movie that i hated also, but yet i love the story. *The Chest* would've been cooler and more "Rich" in the idea of "secret treasure" haha!!

Either way Brian being a possibility in the business venture thing is very possible as Brian did work for stef as a personal assistant. but i duno if a personal assistant would have to know the specifics of work, plus we really don't know brian and stefs work-friend relationship. all brian did was get stefs life in order. (Question, whoever did replace him?)

If it's not him maybe Arron is still alive and out there....i freaking hope SO! That'd be so COOL!!! STORIES All AROUND!!! :D

anyway Next chapter Anyday noW!@

I doubt Aaron is alive. Mark has never brought someone back from the dead- deaths are pretty permanent in CAP-Verse. It's kinda hard reading this story because you know these two boys will be dead within two, three years.

I doubt Aaron is alive. Mark has never brought someone back from the dead- deaths are pretty permanent in CAP-Verse. It's kinda hard reading this story because you know these two boys will be dead within two, three years.

That's true. CAP may be like a soap opera, but resurrections don't happen. That, to me, is a cheating storyline anyway. It's just about as bad as Rapid Aging Syndrome. But that's how the actual soaps are. Anyway, I am sooooooooooo ready for another chapter of either of the current stories.

• Like 1

hmm, has Mark mentioned that Uncle Aaron has died in the war? The only one we know of was Steph's dad. And if it's Brian, all he had to know was what companies Luke and Steph and Brad was looking at to invest without knowing what details if the investments would be good for. That's a bad way of investing: by names and not facts and details behind the comapnies.

Good example would be Lehman Bros.

Edited by mmike1969

If I remember correctly Aaron died first and Steve died at the end of the war. I love what Mark is doing with the Box in the last Chapter (10) both a story from 1940's and a story line from 1999. I have grown to love Steve but I miss the guys a lot. I hate to say this but I check Mark's site twice a day for a new chapter. Who couldn't love them. When someone started a form about how the CAP saga should end. I was tempted the shout NEVER. It should never end. Some things are too good to end. Let's see Mark is 40 something 60 more years of writing. :wub: Matt a grandfather! 0:)

Mike, there's a line in CAP where JP talks about how the oldest of the Hayes brothers was a nice guy who went to high school with Steven and died in the war before he did. As for soap conventions, I like that Mark stays fairly consistent with ages. I loved that we've seen these characters grow up and change, like Brad going from a 5-year old in 1968 to the high school senior in 1980 to middle-aged dad of three in 1999 who's getting ready to see his oldest off to college. I'm excited that we'll get to see the same process, to a point, with the new generation. Like Will and JJ- we get introduced to them as babies circa 1986, they're currently around 13 in the story, and we'll eventually see them enter their mid-20s when the story is brought to 2010.

Mike, there's a line in CAP where JP talks about how the oldest of the Hayes brothers was a nice guy who went to high school with Steven and died in the war before he did. As for soap conventions, I like that Mark stays fairly consistent with ages. I loved that we've seen these characters grow up and change, like Brad going from a 5-year old in 1968 to the high school senior in 1980 to middle-aged dad of three in 1999 who's getting ready to see his oldest off to college. I'm excited that we'll get to see the same process, to a point, with the new generation. Like Will and JJ- we get introduced to them as babies circa 1986, they're currently around 13 in the story, and we'll eventually see them enter their mid-20s when the story is brought to 2010.

In 1999, Brad would be 37. That's middle-aged?

Hmm, middle age is generally thought to start about between 35 to 40, so I'd say Brad is in the very early stage of middle-age. He's definitely past his young adult stage, in any event.

I don't think 40 is old age- it's middle age. Average life expectancies in the US fall around 80, so 40 hits the middle perfectly. Although, you know, I have heard that the gay community tends to see anyone over 30 as old. I guess I'd modify and say that Brad at 37 is approaching middle-age, but still has a few years to go. Though I suspect Brad will have an early mid-life crisis because he settled down so young, his oldest son is graduating from high school, and he's going to lose a considerable amount of money. We'll for sure if/when Brad gets a nose ring and buys a new sports car.

I'm also Intrigued to get some Answers to our freaking questions!! The box is growing on me, although the title of it i hate because it relates to a very stupid movie that i hated also, but yet i love the story. *The Chest* would've been cooler and more "Rich" in the idea of "secret treasure" haha!!

Either way Brian being a possibility in the business venture thing is very possible as Brian did work for stef as a personal assistant. but i duno if a personal assistant would have to know the specifics of work, plus we really don't know brian and stefs work-friend relationship. all brian did was get stefs life in order. (Question, whoever did replace him?)

If it's not him maybe Arron is still alive and out there....i freaking hope SO! That'd be so COOL!!! STORIES All AROUND!!! biggrin.gif

anyway Next chapter Anyday noW!@

I don't think it's Brian, he wasn't intelligent enough, and Steph wouldn't have been so stupid as to let him take 'confidential company information' out of the office at termination, like contacts and phone numbers. My money is on the former friend that is now the financial advisor to Alejandro's father. Anyone remember his name?

I don't think it's Brian, he wasn't intelligent enough, and Steph wouldn't have been so stupid as to let him take 'confidential company information' out of the office at termination, like contacts and phone numbers. My money is on the former friend that is now the financial advisor to Alejandro's father. Anyone remember his name?

No, it's not Jason. Jason reconciled with Stef and JP. In If It Fits the three of them f**ked. Jason would have no reason to go against them now. For years, I think he felt guilty about what he did. Jason has a dark side, but he is cool with Stef and JP again. But what if it's someone we don't know. What if it's somehow a twist that it's a relative of Niel? :o

• Like 1

No, it's not Jason. Jason reconciled with Stef and JP. In If It Fits the three of them f**ked. Jason would have no reason to go against them now. For years, I think he felt guilty about what he did. Jason has a dark side, but he is cool with Stef and JP again. But what if it's someone we don't know. What if it's somehow a twist that it's a relative of Niel? ohmy.gif

A possibility, but more probably Neil's rough looking boyfriend that was left stranded in Paris when the boys got the case dismissed. He's also graduated college by now, maybe without the distractions of Neil, he was able to get his degree and parlay his daddy's money (it was Princeton) into a tool to build a financial 'empire' of sorts, and has it in for Brad, Robbie and Steph because Neil was secretly his boyfriend?

A possibility, but more probably Neil's rough looking boyfriend that was left stranded in Paris when the boys got the case dismissed. He's also graduated college by now, maybe without the distractions of Neil, he was able to get his degree and parlay his daddy's money (it was Princeton) into a tool to build a financial 'empire' of sorts, and has it in for Brad, Robbie and Steph because Neil was secretly his boyfriend?

I'm kind of freaked out that you guys are getting into this, because this won't really unfold until the next story.

But it is someone you've met.tongue.gif

I'm kind of freaked out that you guys are getting into this, because this won't really unfold until the next story.

But it is someone you've met. :devil:

Did we underestimate the readers here mark? Come on you were chumming and now you're freaked out because you see fins? :blink:

Oh and the bold part above! Kiss my rosy red readership butt. :angry:

But it is someone you've met.:P

Oh good!

Because for a moment there, I was thinking it was going to be a new character that we all are going to have to put on the hate on. :P

Not sure if you noticed or not but there was a lot of hating in Bloodlines. :P

And when you mean the 'next story', do you mean the next chapter of "The Box" or next story as in Next Story that you have not written yet?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..