Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Box

I just read it! Ugh... Nick is back and just as vile as ever. I love how Stef and JP put him in his place though. He was more than a little deserving. And I am wondering what all is in the box, and I laughed when Stef mentioned that it probably contained all of Tonto's sex toys. It will be interesting to find out about her darkest secrets. :ph34r:

• Like 1

I just read it! Ugh... Nick is back and just as vile as ever. I love how Stef and JP put him in his place though. He was more than a little deserving. And I am wondering what all is in the box, and I laughed when Stef mentioned that it probably contained all of Tonto's sex toys. It will be interesting to find out about her darkest secrets. :ph34r:

You assume they are her darkest secrets.devilsmiley.gif

For some reason I'm expecting revelations that will set the entire clan on their collective ears... :evil:

I am so totally exited that you've started this one so soon after Bloodlines. I adore your characters! And you've chosen to start with my three favorite couples! You've made my evening.

Holy crap! Two cherry posts! What a day for me!

Welcome you two!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Mark I think you've done it again. Could it be If it Fits was great, Bloodlines even better could this be even better? Who better to tell the story than Stef. Add to that my six favorate people. Nothing could be better. You got all of us waiting for the next chapter. I have a feeling that they will be in Ohio for a long time,

You are just too good.

For some reason I'm expecting revelations that will set the entire clan on their collective ears... evil.gif

I agree - and the impending festival is the perfect place. I am so glad this story is continuing. Thanks Mark - awesome start.

Methodwriter's reccomendations aside, I had two songs in mind when I read the first chapter of this new story, and will likely hold them in mind for sometime. Both are country, and both are quite alike in theme, if not tone. They are "The Chance" by Julie Roberts and "'Fore She Was Mamma" by Clay Walker. Because not everyone is addicted to itunes, I went ahead and transcribed the relevent lyrics.

"The Chance"

*Found an old book that my momma kept,

filled with secrets she hid.

In a dusty old attic,

one morning I read

about a woman I never met

who had dreams just like mine.

With every page that I turned

her words came alive

"Wish I could roll out-of-town

like a runaway train

I would do as I dare

let them call me insance,

never sit on the sidelines of life

I would dance every dance,

if I just had the chance"*

"'Fore She Was Momma"

*About ten years-old while hide and seeking

I found me in the closet.

Ready or not I stumbled on and opened up that box of

Yearbooks, letters, black and whites,

a hundred, maybe more.

Next thing I knew, my brothers and me got them scattered out there on the floor.

There was one of her, flipping the bird, sitting on a harley.

And a few with some hairy hippy dude,

turns out his name was Charlie.

Her hair, her clothes, her drinking, smoking had us boys confused,

oh I'll never forget the day us nosy kids got introduced,

to Mamma, 'fore she was Mamma.

She burned that box of forget-me-nots when she found out we knew.*

Wow, Im hooked into this one now! It has to be information about a lovechild, hopefully! I went to go see "A Single Man" tonight. While I enjoyed the movie, I kept thinking to myself that Colin Firth's character reminded me of JP, with some differences of course. But now whenever I read these stories, Ill probably think of Colin Firth. He may not be everyone else's cup-of-tea, but I think he's a studmuffin!!!

I was thinking about something else, Mark. I'm not trying to be critical or anything, but I didn't know if you could post something else on your homepage, pertaining to the characters in the story. I like to read the stories, but sometimes it's hard to keep all of the characters straight. I didn't know if you could post a big family tree or somekind of reference on your homepage about all of the characters.

Great work and Thank You!!!

Wow, Im hooked into this one now! It has to be information about a lovechild, hopefully! I went to go see "A Single Man" tonight. While I enjoyed the movie, I kept thinking to myself that Colin Firth's character reminded me of JP, with some differences of course. But now whenever I read these stories, Ill probably think of Colin Firth. He may not be everyone else's cup-of-tea, but I think he's a studmuffin!!!

I was thinking about something else, Mark. I'm not trying to be critical or anything, but I didn't know if you could post something else on your homepage, pertaining to the characters in the story. I like to read the stories, but sometimes it's hard to keep all of the characters straight. I didn't know if you could post a big family tree or somekind of reference on your homepage about all of the characters.

Great work and Thank You!!!

Well, I'm pretty lazy, but we might be able to talk Jeremy into doing that family tree thing for us.tongue.gif

ch1: I thought Nicholas was getting mellower when he got nearer thirty...

imo Brad should take Matt to meet his paternal grandmother.

Alright, I'll think about it. Anyone know which program is easiest to use for family trees? And I'm talking about the basic Microsoft/Open Writer family.

as genealogist, I say that all genealogy programs feel to be crap. In a way or another.

Their output will in all likelihood not be the most suitable for this, since anything those programs do, they do mechanically - and that's helpful only for handling big amounts of data. In this task, the amount of data is relatively low.

Besides, any genealogy program will have distinct difficulties with same-gender relations.

this would be best presented as a tailored drawing on simple paper.

I I

Crampton m Marie a Hendrickson Tonto m

I I ._____________ I__________.

Crampton JP Steven Schluter m Janice a

m m Isidore c I _________ I__ I

I Stefan Nicholas Bitty Brad c Robert a Laura

I I

list kids Darius JJ Will Matthew

---

actually, I am looking forward whether these stories get as noted as to deserve an own article in wikipedia. Then someone there is bound to make a family tree..... and some others a cast list, with canon descriptions.

Edited by Enric

Last time at the beginning of Bloodlines I guessed Matt was Robbie's son. I think like JP's safe the box has a number of secrets. If information about Tonto's affair is in the box who could it be? Knowing Mark clues are there already. My guess is JP's biologial father is Tonto's lover.

Last time at the beginning of Bloodlines I guessed Matt was Robbie's son. I think like JP's safe the box has a number of secrets. If information about Tonto's affair is in the box who could it be? Knowing Mark clues are there already. My guess is JP's biologial father is Tonto's lover.

You think Tonto banged Bill Hendrickson eh? Nope.biggrin.gif

This is the forum for the new story! I hope you like it!

Glad to see there is more from this crew already! Since some people are making "requests", I would like to see Robbie run into Laura Mercer while they are in Claremont.

Thanks for the stories, Mark!

Jack

If not Bill who? Tonto is born in 1903. Jack Crampton's sister. My guess this happen in the 20's or during WW2. Its got to be somebody who changes the relationships in the family. The six of them are there for a purpose. Only three great famiies. My second guess would be odd one of the Hayes? I can't see Tonto and Fred Hayes with Jeff or Frank as the son. To weird for words. Why is Mark reviesing CAP? plant more clues? Who are the master of mystery Mark.

Mark is revising CAP because grammatical errors, as well as some continuity errors. Anyways, doing a genealogy for CAP would be problematic, since so many of the characters did not come from a traditional nuclear family, and very few were actually raised by their biological family.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..