Hotel suggestions needed

Jack, for great accommodations in Prague, I recommend the Hotel Clementin. It is located in the Old Town approximately one bolck from the Charles Bridge. The Clementin occupies a building dating from 1360, which has the distinction of being the narrowest building in Prague...eleven feet wide. Rooms are at reasonable rates and it is very quiet since it is on a pedestrian only street. We stayed there in June 2007 and had a great time. Our room took up the entire second floor front of the building.

hotel-clementin-4-seminarska.jpg

The above is my picture of the hotel (the green-front building).

I also recommend taking a walking tour. You can meet a guide at the clock tower on the old city hall.

Have fun!

Looking for reasonably-priced accommodations in good locations for a trip I'm taking this spring with a friend. We'll be visiting Budapest, Prague and Berlin. Any touristy hints about these destinations would be appreciated.

Marvellous choice of cities! :) I'm living at a place half way between Budapest and Prague, so if you're moving between them by train, you'll stop at my city. :)

For tips, well I don't know how old are you, so I can't be more specific. But I have a very good experience with booking accommodation via www.limba.com (I already set it on Budapest, English lang. and dollars. I think you can find accommodation in Prague and Berlin via this site too - Home Page of Limba.com). We didn't stay over night in Budapest though, so I can't recommend any hotel / hostel in Budapest personally. But I can guarantee you that you'll find a good accommodation for an affordable price at this site.

I'd also like to add some tips for restaurants. When we visited Budapest, we went to this restaurant called "Fatal". It doesn't have anything with death although their portions of food served are ridiculously large and some people may think they're going to die after eating everything. :D But in Hungarian "Fatal" means "on the plank" on which the plates are served. BUT as a show of traditional Hungarian cuisine it's absolutely phenomenal! The restaurant is right in the centre of Pest,

...I'd recommend any beer pub that sells "Pilsner Urquell", the best Czech beer in my opinion.

Lol. thats because back in 1842 when the brewery was founded they hired a bavarian brew master Josef Groll . Pilsner beer is actually a genuine bavarian/german invention ;)

I'm not much help in regards to hotels, unfortunately, but I definitely need to second Paya's recommendation to visit one of Hungary's thermal spas. I've been to two (Budapest and Heviz), and they are quite an experience. You won't regret it.

Looking for reasonably-priced accommodations in good locations for a trip I'm taking this spring with a friend. We'll be visiting Budapest, Prague and Berlin. Any touristy hints about these destinations would be appreciated.

Jack, my brother-in-law used to visit Hungary about every 6 or 7 years...he would stay at the Hotel Gellert. From what I recall, it's moderately pricey, but it's all up to your taste and budget. There are thermal baths in the hotel, and the restaurant used to get good reviews in the Hotel & Travel Index (a travel-industry index of hotels worldwide). It's also near the "Gay" part of town, while still being in a nice part of town--the brother-in-law's primary reasons for staying there.

Marvellous choice of cities! :) I'm living at a place half way between Budapest and Prague, so if you're moving between them by train, you'll stop at my city. :)

For tips, well I don't know how old are you, so I can't be more specific. But I have a very good experience with booking accommodation via www.limba.com (I already set it on Budapest, English lang. and dollars. I think you can find accommodation in Prague and Berlin via this site too - Home Page of Limba.com). We didn't stay over night in Budapest though, so I can't recommend any hotel / hostel in Budapest personally. But I can guarantee you that you'll find a good accommodation for an affordable price at this site.

I'd also like to add some tips for restaurants. When we visited Budapest, we went to this restaurant called "Fatal". It doesn't have anything with death although their portions of food served are ridiculously large and some people may think they're going to die after eating everything. :D But in Hungarian "Fatal" means "on the plank" on which the plates are served. BUT as a show of traditional Hungarian cuisine it's absolutely phenomenal! The restaurant is right in the centre of Pest, Fatal at Google maps.

Other thing to see in Budapest is the thermal spa. If you have time, visit some, it's divine. There are many in Budapest, the whole Hungary is rich in thermal springs.

If you like beer or not, visiting Prague without tasting the Czech beer is a blasphemy. The most famous beer pubs in Prague are "U Pinkasu" and "U Fleku". But their name is a brand itself and together with lots of tourists they are very expensive. Last time I was in Prague, we went to "restaurant Kolkovna" and we were very satisfied. I'd recommend any beer pub that sells "Pilsner Urquell", the best Czech beer in my opinion.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. I don't know when you're coming here but I'd recommend late March or April, it's too cold before and we have lots of snow this year. Basically after Easter it's weather-safe :) though it may rain all the time. ;)

paya

Eric! :D That location wasn't even in Prague! :D But well... it was funny. :D

Jack,

You should just stay with Paya.biggrin.gif Just tell him to scoot over to the other side of the bed. Or not.devilsmiley.gif

Preferably with both kidneys...

At my age, James, no one will want my kidneys. 0:)

I do appreciate these suggestions. This trip will gobble up my credit card points but I'll be touring a part of Europe that I've always wanted to see. Thermal baths, beer...maybe a few cute gay boys (where do these BelAmi lads hang out?)...I look forward to my visit in mid-May.