Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Music That Makes You Think Of CAP

JJ Theme Songs:

The Fame by Lady Gaga

and

Applause by Lady Gaga

He's very on, for the most. I knew people who were like that- kind of like a male version of Rachel Berry from Glee. Ironically, I don't think JJ will be into Lady Gaga when she comes on the scene in 2008-2009. He strikes me more as being a Katy Perry type- more mainstream pop. I could see JJ liking Britney's Circus era, also.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To more fully explicate it, it's about a couple of kids that have nothing to lose, and the singer willing to throw her entire life away on the chance of something else. Right now, Will has too much he sticks around for. But I think that will change. He's burning through all his bridges with his rage and his depression, and if he doesn't pull out of it, he's going to just latch onto someone and book it.

Edited by B1ue

To more fully explicate it, it's about a couple of kids that have nothing to lose, and the singer willing to throw her entire life away on the chance of something else. Right now, Will has too much he sticks around for. But I think that will change. He's burning through all his bridges with his rage and his depression, and if he doesn't pull out of it, he's going to just latch onto someone and book it.

I don't see that happening.  Will is much too focused on his family to bail like that.  In addition, he's got way too much to lose by bailing on them.  I think the character I see most likely to do that (say screw it, and run away) is Matt.

Matt, probably followed by JJ. Will and Darius are too much about family duty and honor for them to ever really run off and start a new life away from their family.

Edited by methodwriter85

Matt, probably followed by JJ. Will and Darius are too much about family duty and honor for them to ever really run off and start a new life away from their family.

I don't see that happening.  Will is much too focused on his family to bail like that.  In addition, he's got way too much to lose by bailing on them.  I think the character I see most likely to do that (say screw it, and run away) is Matt.

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps I think Will is the most likely to say fuck it all and take off because it has already happened at least once?

Edit: In order to keep it from going off-topic, I posted a more thorough answer to the 9-11/Will bashing thread.

Edited by B1ue
  • 10 months later...

This would have made an awesome soundtrack choice for when Brad and Robbie went through their break-up drama in Millennium:

"Blank Space" by Taylor Swift

As I've said before, I'm absolutely obsessed with Sean O'Pry right now. Dear god.

Also, JJ's general storyline about him losing his virginity to Alex and the like.

"White Houses" by Vanessa Carlton

I gotta admit, I really thought we were going to get this storyline more like in 2004 when JJ was 18, which would have allowed me to use this tune, but eh.

I'm still kinda surprised that Mark gave JJ his first love interest at 16 because that's not really THAT unusual or "late bloomer", but I guess that's supposed to contrast with Will who got into this stuff at 13.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Guys, check out this obscure, forgotten oldie from the 1980's. If I had known this song when I was doing the recs for Man in Motion, I TOTALLY would have used it.

Simple Minds was not a one-hit wonder. Who knew?

Anyway, it was a tune that I had heard on this show called Glory Daze, and I really liked it, but I couldn't place the tune at all. I found it a little while ago while it was being played on the radio. Lovely tune, I think.

It would have been a great tune to use with the AIDS storyline, or a good Brad theme in general.

Do any of you were young adults back then know the tune?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

This song's kicking around my head right now...it would have been absolutely perfect for Robbie and Brad during Millennium:

Did anyone catch the Lifetime biopic on her? I was actually surprised at how good it was. Anyway, the trailer that ran for it used this song, which was perfect.

Of course, in retrospect- it's ironic that Robbie was so worried and terrified about aging, as he died at age 38. By some definitions he didn't even hit middle age.That was some nice dramatic irony on Mark's part.

Edited by methodwriter85

I'm listening to 80's music right now and this is my take:

Brian Parnel, Carson, Dan Church, Cary Chase: Rent by Pet Shop Boys.

Carruthers & Schulter:

Opportunity by Pet Shop Boys.

Every time JP talks about Jeff and the past:

It's a Sin (live)

Every time Max Granger enters the room:

Oh Yeah by Yello.

Book 6 of CAP: A Summer of Love:

The Reflex by Duran Duran

http://youtu.be/Hzp4_JTgFB4

(Yes, I got the same WTF is this from both the book and video.)

Lord Alex Granger to Slut ME:

Why Don't You Get a Job by The Offspring.

Will and Tony, Darius and Ella, Matt and Tony, Robbie and Carson, JJ and Lord Alex and Will again because he can't figure out how to cook freaking eggs:

Last Will and Testament by The Frantics

Lord Alex and Slut ME's wedding:

The Rains of Castamere by Sigur Rós

Sad that no one died!

Edited by mmike1969
  • Like 1

I've already dedicated these, but if we're talking the 80's, these are some great Man In Motion tunes for Brad and Robbie:

"Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club

"Tenderness" by General Public

And of course, this fucking amazing tune:

God, I wish I could re-live the 1980's, don't you?

Anyway, the 80's revival is going on in 2003 Cap-world, so I'm looking to do a lot of retro throwbacks.

Go through puberty again? f**k no.

Go though high school again? Double fk no.

Unless: I get to retain all my current memories, history and maybe a set or two of winning numbers for the California Lottery. Maybe I can enter book writing contests in junior high and high school with innocent titles like "The Hunger Games", "The Martian", "Ready Player One" and "A Game of Thrones".

Then maybe. I would at least know who on the football, baseball and wrestling teams I can mess around with.

Go through puberty again? f**k no.

Go though high school again? Double fk no.

Unless: I get to retain all my current memories, history and maybe a set or two of winning numbers for the California Lottery. Maybe I can enter book writing contests in junior high and high school with innocent titles like "The Hunger Games", "The Martian", "Ready Player One" and "A Game of Thrones".

Then maybe. I would at least know who on the football, baseball and wrestling teams I can mess around with.

If I re-lived the 1980's, I would try to do these things:

1.) Shop at the Sherman Oaks Galleria circa 1983...

2.) Going clubbing in Los Angeles circa 1986

3.) Hit up Gritty 1980's Times Square....maybe buy up some property. Also, of course, spend some time at the World Trade Center

4.) I would also buy up property in Center City Philadelphia....lol. Except for anything to do with the Galleria at Market East

5.) Try to bang early 1980's Harrison Ford...

6.) Spend a trashy summer at 1980's Jersey Shore, as well as hang out in circa 1989 Monmouth Mall...god the fashions. The fashions!

7.) Watch the fall of the Berlin Wall

8.) Live Aid at Philadelphia in July 1985...that must have been incredible!

9.) See circa 1987 U2 in concert.

10.) Coke. Lots of Coke. (Just kidding.)

I do think the 1980's were a fun decade. I think people were past the hangover that was the 1970's, and they just really seemed to want to have fun.

Also, that early/mid-80's preppy look was MAD flattering on guys, in my opinion. I bet 22-year old Mark Arbour looked hot as hell in that gear.

But then again, fashion got really, really hideous by the end of the decade:

80s-fashion-trends.jpg

Neon has made a big comeback, but thankfully nothing like that.

Edited by methodwriter85

Shopping: Meh. Clothes were not on my priority list. California Bum was more my style.

Clubbing: maybe.

Paintball yes. I could go pro since I know what the players would be doing.

#7: See it live maybe. I was in Germany at the time so I guess I would be buying a TON of East German Marks. When it gets converted to a unified German Mark and back to US Dollars I would make a killing.

And with that I would buy a s-ton of oil futures before Saddam acts like an idiot and invades kuwait.

Shopping: Meh. Clothes were not on my priority list. California Bum was more my style.

Not so much clothes, but LOVED the mall rat culture. It's a shame malls are dying out. My local mall is actually doing pretty damn well but mall rats are discouraged.

But yeah, I learned about an 80's pop star named Tiffany on VH1's Behind the Music who actually performed in malls and just LOVED her:

She was kind of like the second-rate Debbie Gibson, who I do remember because my sisters owned Electric Youth perfume.

I think I recommended this for a Will scene circa Poor Man's Son and Blue immediately responded by hating on it...but come on, it's 80's cheese at its best!

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Mark, do you know this tune? It was from 1985. I heard it in the movie Two Night Stand with Analeigh Tipton and Miles Teller...I totally wish I had remembered this tune when I was doing recs for Man In Motion:

"Anything, Anything" by Dramarama

It's a great tune. There's an epic scene of Analeigh Tipton dancing to this tune in the movie.

It's better known for being in the soundtrack for Nightmare on Elm Street 4, which I watched a lot as a little kid. Seeing this tune again in a (relatively) new movie was pretty cool

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I totally would have used this for a Brad angst scene in Man In Motion if I had been aware of this tune. Thanks, Perks of Being A Wallflower:

It sounds like an obscure college radion station tune from the mid-80's. I can definitely see Brad knowing it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 1 month later...

If I had know this tune was 1981 and not 1982 like I thought, I totally would've used it for Be Rad:

Such a great tune. The U.K. was sooooo ahead of American music circa 1979-1982.

That was one of my favorites when I was a young teen. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..