what is a hiatus?

all right so:

if you announce that you're leaving a place, and then leave for however long, are you really leaving, or are you participating still by performing for that place exactly what you said you would (a performance of having left)?

i would suggest that any claim of leaving guarantees that you do the exact opposite, in a way, since you hold your place with your claim of leaving it, and anyone who reads the claim of you having left instead finds your presence.

so: vaguely speaking, if anyone wants to leave any place, DO it instead of PERFORM it.

• Like 3

I took a writing haitus for nearly two years... just getting back in the saddle... it's all good. I think that people should really just mind their own business when it comes to other people coming, going, or doing neither, unless it truly affects them.

• Like 3

all right so:

if you announce that you're leaving a place, and then leave for however long, are you really leaving, or are you participating still by performing for that place exactly what you said you would (a performance of having left)?

i would suggest that any claim of leaving guarantees that you do the exact opposite, in a way, since you hold your place with your claim of leaving it, and anyone who reads the claim of you having left instead finds your presence.

so: vaguely speaking, if anyone wants to leave any place, DO it instead of PERFORM it.

Are you talking about the screaming demand for attention by announcing a hiatus, or the hiatus itself?innocent.gif

I took a writing haitus for nearly two years... just getting back in the saddle... it's all good. I think that people should really just mind their own business when it comes to other people coming, going, or doing neither, unless it truly affects them.

You in the saddle.jerry.gif

• Site Administrator

I go on hiatus from writing a couple of times a year when I'm pole-dancing for Chippendales.

Really???

Let me know when and where you'll be performing next biggrin.gif

I go on hiatus from writing a couple of times a year when I'm pole-dancing for Chippendales.

I thought the only thing you did on a pole was a 'sit on' for government protests...(unless you're thinking of a different, shorter pole)?

Where do I get tickets?

Any time you want to go for a ride just give me a shout :)lmaosmiley.gif

Really???

Let me know when and where you'll be performing next biggrin.gif

You bring the popcorn and I'll bring the beer. We can share the foam hand :)