Please wish David McLeod a cheering get well !

Hi every one

My favorite writer and editor was not feeling very well for a couple of months.

This is why he hasn't been on GA as much.

He is coping with his current condition as best as he can.

Day by Day he trying to get stronger and get back to his duties in life.

Please wish him well in his recovery and words of encouragement.

Thanks all

Harold

I don't think I've ever met David, but whenever someone from this wonderful place needs some cheering up and get well wishes I feel like I need to be here :)

thumbsupsmileyanim.gifHope you get better soon David thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hi every one

My favorite writer and editor was not feeling very well for a couple of months.

This is why he hasn't been on GA as much.

He is coping with his current condition as best as he can.

Day by Day he trying to get stronger and get back to his duties in life.

Please wish him well in his recovery and words of encouragement.

Thanks all

Harold

Two thoughts:

First of all, David, get better. We miss you.

Second, what condition? Is mystery really necessary?

Two thoughts:

First of all, David, get better. We miss you.

Second, what condition? Is mystery really necessary?

A bad reaction to one of his drugs for his condition

• Site Administrator

Here's hoping for a speedier recovery and we see you back here soon.

We miss you hug.gif

Thanks. I was kind of freaking out, worrying that it was something scary. It's not life-threatening, is it?

Some drug reactions can be. They could also cause damage.

As long as one alerts their doctor on the first signs of it then the doctor can do something about.

If the Doctor(s) are scratching their head - I can't say what a prolong period of taking the meds does to ones body.

Hopefully switching to different meds will change the symptoms.

You get rid of one set of symptoms and hope you don't get a new set of them.

Everyone's body reacts differently to med.

Sometimes it takes a good doctor to look at all the meds and try to simpfy them all especially if you take many meds and counter symptom meds.

In David case - I can not comment on any of the above.

Only that he is working on his recovery for a little while.

Everyone's cheers will be good medicine for his spirits. :music:

Oh! What wonderful thoughts and kind words. Thank you all, so very much. I'm keenly happy to be back.

No mystery: what was originally thought to be an operable condition (spinal stenosis) has turned out to be 10% stenosis (i.e., not worth the risk of an operation) and 90% neurological/neuromuscular. On the other hand, no one is quite sure exactly what it is. The good news is that it isn't a serious, life-threatening disease.

I had an unexpected reaction to a drug that was thought to have promise (something about increasing the effectiveness of neurotransmitters). I guess "walking coma" is a pretty good description of how I felt for a couple of weeks. I've been assured that I didn't say or do anything too silly (or disgusting) during that time. Silver's condition in Nephylim's "Enigma" in eFiction, less the physical and emotional scars, is pretty similar, I think. (I do not pretend to be anywhere close to as hot as Silver.)

I have found a neurologist who seems to have a rational plan for diagnosis (so far, all the doctors' terms been descriptive but not diagnostic). Meanwhile, the bad news is that I get to go to the gym twice a day for a regimen of exercise designed to keep the nerves firing and the muscles responding. I won't bore you with the description of the eye candy that inhabits the gym. Can you say "silver lining"?

Again, thank you all for your words and thoughts.

David

Hotness is in the eye of the beholder. I have often explained that one of the reasons most if not all my characters are beautiful is becuase they are usually described through the eyes of someone who is attracted to them. Okay... Silver is one of the exceptions He is just unbelievably gorgeous, almost unnaturally so... but then there's a reason for that. ;)

I bet you're hot to someone David :) Probably lots more than you think..and after all that time in the gym... Phew. :)

Oh! What wonderful thoughts and kind words. Thank you all, so very much. I'm keenly happy to be back.

No mystery: what was originally thought to be an operable condition (spinal stenosis) has turned out to be 10% stenosis (i.e., not worth the risk of an operation) and 90% neurological/neuromuscular. On the other hand, no one is quite sure exactly what it is. The good news is that it isn't a serious, life-threatening disease.

I had an unexpected reaction to a drug that was thought to have promise (something about increasing the effectiveness of neurotransmitters). I guess "walking coma" is a pretty good description of how I felt for a couple of weeks. I've been assured that I didn't say or do anything too silly (or disgusting) during that time. Silver's condition in Nephylim's "Enigma" in eFiction, less the physical and emotional scars, is pretty similar, I think. (I do not pretend to be anywhere close to as hot as Silver.)

I have found a neurologist who seems to have a rational plan for diagnosis (so far, all the doctors' terms been descriptive but not diagnostic). Meanwhile, the bad news is that I get to go to the gym twice a day for a regimen of exercise designed to keep the nerves firing and the muscles responding. I won't bore you with the description of the eye candy that inhabits the gym. Can you say "silver lining"?

Again, thank you all for your words and thoughts.

David

David,

I'm sorry to hear about your condition, but so glad it's something that isn't life-threatening. Thanks for sharing that with us, and good luck with your new neurologist.