What's for Dinner?

JamesSavik

James, that sounds and looks sooooo good!!!

Jhol... I call all those boxed stuff 'Heart attack in a box' !!! Have you read what's in it? The amount of sodium in that stuff would kill ya!

I just finished making Brown Salty Balls (LOL) a.k.a. Meat Balls and we're making spaghetti with them tonight... xept for the pasta (which I could also make homemade since I have a handy dandy machine) everything else is homemade. Yummm! Bon Apetit!

IMGP0934.jpg

Pepperoni pizza and poutine.

Not for the weak of heart or those with weight issues.

Ok, I live in Wisconsin. Why has a cheesehead never even heard of that delectable thing you call Poutine? It has cheese curds in it, I would think it would be a big seller in Wisconsin.

........Planning a road trip to Canada for some poutine....... :2thumbs:

Ok, I live in Wisconsin. Why has a cheesehead never even heard of that delectable thing you call Poutine? It has cheese curds in it, I would think it would be a big seller in Wisconsin.

Hmmmm... Perhaps, because it's not served in the bars and taverns. LOL

The two people that I spent most of my adult life with were from Wisconsin and they never told me about Poutine, but they certainly knew where all of the taverns were in and around the Eau Claire area and what beers they served.

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

DSCF1282.jpg

This is one of my favorites and its really easy.

Put some water in a boiler. Add shrimp/crab boil.

Put new potatoes, corn on the cob, slices of lemon and onion and maybe even a jalape

Dude, yeah, c'mon up! The best poutine is in Quebec, it's a French thing.

Also, to stereotype myself completely, not tonight but it's not unheard of for me to have fruit and pancakes or waffles for dinner with real maple syrup and a glass of maple whiskey on the side (or if it's actually morning a shot of maple syrup in the coffee). Delish :2thumbs:

I should upload some pics! LOL I have quite a few over time. I'm a private chef by yet another of my part-time trades, so often if there's a particular new entrée I've made I'll take a pic of it. I work for "demanding" (a nice word) clients who want classic French most of the time, but usually after all that, I don't want to cook for myself and end up having a sandwich or pot noodles.

Tonight for my clients I prepared: Spicy Gazpacho with Zucchini as 1st course, and as entrée. Oyster Mushroom and Red Pepper Omelette with Prosciutto, dessert was Sabayon with mixed berries. Me, I had a salami sandwich.

I have a lot of files of food fotos and recipes.

Guest KarateKid

I'm having chicken paella then mille fleur for dessert

Leftovers :,(

LOL! Aw, I'm sorry, but that reply made me laugh. I hope you eat something awesome for dinner tomorrow. :D

I'll be eating a hamburger today cause I'm feeling lazy and don't wanna make something decent. :lol:

In the East Coast of the United States, poutine is called Disco fries- melted cheese, fries, and gravy. It's a very popular diner food, and perfect for after a night at the bar. It's related cousin are the Mega fries- fries with cheese, bacon, and a side of ranch dressing. It's so bad for you, but it tastes so good.