I was kinda inspired after catching the Footloose musical. It's that time of year, and for me, it'll have been 5 years ago since my senior prom. I thought I'd share some cheesy songs that were played at my prom. (May 12th, 2005 if I remember correctly. Or it might've been May 13th.)

God, I love the beat of this song. It just makes you want to get up and cheer, really.

True by Ryan Cabrera

This was the prom king/queen dance song. I couldn't stand the guy who got voted prom king for most of high school, but we had gotten chill by senior year. The girl who got prom queen was this cool black dancer chick. I just remember the beginning of the song always made me think it was the start of "More than Worlds" by Extreme, but alas, it wasn't.

The faculty set their foot down and wanted older songs played, so this oldie from 1982 made it in. It was also on the Napoleon Dynamite soundtrack, which was a very popular movie when I was in 12th grade. I remember dancing to this song with my friend Kayla- she was a nice girl, and we just talked about what it meant to be graduating from high school.

Anyone wanna share some prom songs with me?

Edited by methodwriter85

Nope, not me.

Prom wasn't a life-changing or change-defining night for me or anyone else I've spoken with. Sure, it was a fun weekend prior to graduation and supposedly symbolized a great deal, but it wasn't anything like in the movie where they dramatize the whole concept. People went, had fun, left, and moved on to newer things. I don't even remember who won Prom king. I remember the girl because she's still in school with me.

Our graduation balls don't work the same as proms in the US but the two songs we played in a prominent place during the evening and that always stir up some sentimental feelings in me because of that are Imagine by John Lennon and With Or Without You by U2. :)

Moondance by Van Morrisson. The prom theme was Moondance, which we didn't really get until as they started to play Moondance, the roof of our venue slid open revealing a great moon that night. The dance floor erupted. It was a great night for romance. I wish I had one more moon dance.

Well, I won't know since I'm not going. And it doesn't bother me at all that I'm not going. I always saw Prom as something that all girls went crazy for and the guys just went along to party and get laid afterwards. Besides, I already have a boyfriend so why would I go with a girl just for show? Plus, after prom almost always means sex, and sex with a girl, just ewwww :P .

Well, I won't know since I'm not going. And it doesn't bother me at all that I'm not going. I always saw Prom as something that all girls went crazy for and the guys just went along to party and get laid afterwards. Besides, I already have a boyfriend so why would I go with a girl just for show? Plus, after prom almost always means sex, and sex with a girl, just ewwww tongue.gif .

I think the idea now is that you take your boyfriend to the prom!

I'm sure there was music at my prom but the only thing I can remember from that night is my date's dress which should have clued me in to my being gay but for some reason didn't! Anything else about that night: nada.

I think the idea now is that you take your boyfriend to the prom!

If I didn't fear being fagdragged by the rednecks that plague my school then I would definitely take him. But I don't want to take that risk. sad.gif