Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation, Chapter 32

B).............Poor Dirk is so messed up he has become a two-fisted drinker, gin& tonic and beer at the same time!! :lmao: Bridget is so convinced that Dirk murdered Rachel, but why is she so concerned with Trevor finding the Aries?? Something doesn't add up here, both Dirk and Bridget do not want Trevor to find or look for the Aries in the Bahamas!! Another mystery left for us! The answer is in Australia, if Trevor makes it there!! :(

She evil - who's going to save Trevor?

Oh - I was disappointed - not enough blake adventures

I wonder what will bridget do if Trevor survives and figures out it was Bridget

but will Trevor be able to save his boat and capture a bad guy

Trevor seems very resourceful (as well as being lucky) so I think he'll foil any attempts... I hope

• Site Administrator

Turkey, why the heck Turkey???

Thanks for the chapter CJ :great: .

So why does Joel want to go to Turkey? I do believe Istanbul has some of the highest populations of cross dressing men in the world, but they are supposedly not 'gay'. Could Joel be secretly a cross dresser? :blink: Does he want to do this trip to Turkey after Trevor drops him off at Cyprus and then before he flies home to the states? I imagine most flights from Cyprus would be through either Greece or Cyprus. An even bigger question, what does he need 1000 Euros for? With all these potentially story altering outcomes, I will have to unequivocally state this to be yet another cliffhanger from our running amok Goat :P .

That was a close call with the wind. The fact that they were on a charter with a dick like Blake, I wish the boat would have gone over for a second or two (with no injury to any of the characters or the boat I hope). I'm glad Trevor saw the changes in the sea before he hit it straight on.

Lastly, I like to name Mike our hero. He kept his cool calmness and led our troop out of the minefield that the goat led them into :D

B).............Poor Dirk is so messed up he has become a two-fisted drinker, gin& tonic and beer at the same time!! :lmao: Bridget is so convinced that Dirk murdered Rachel, but why is she so concerned with Trevor finding the Aries?? Something doesn't add up here, both Dirk and Bridget do not want Trevor to find or look for the Aries in the Bahamas!! Another mystery left for us! The answer is in Australia, if Trevor makes it there!! :(

The answer will actually be in chapter 33, along with all the backstory on Bridget, including her reasons for fearing that Trevor will find Ares. :)

Blake was a difficult one, wasn't he?

And poor Mike, looking a bit green...

Trevor seems very resourceful (as well as being lucky) so I think he'll foil any attempts... I hope

Welcome, Flyboy! Thanks for joining. :)

Good call on Trevor... he's very resourceful, and he's an excelent seaman who knows his boat very well.

Turkey, why the heck Turkey???

Thanks for the chapter CJ :great: .

So why does Joel want to go to Turkey? I do believe Istanbul has some of the highest populations of cross dressing men in the world, but they are supposedly not 'gay'. Could Joel be secretly a cross dresser? :blink: Does he want to do this trip to Turkey after Trevor drops him off at Cyprus and then before he flies home to the states? I imagine most flights from Cyprus would be through either Greece or Cyprus. An even bigger question, what does he need 1000 Euros for? With all these potentially story altering outcomes, I will have to unequivocally state this to be yet another cliffhanger from our running amok Goat :P .

That was a close call with the wind. The fact that they were on a charter with a dick like Blake, I wish the boat would have gone over for a second or two (with no injury to any of the characters or the boat I hope). I'm glad Trevor saw the changes in the sea before he hit it straight on.

Lastly, I like to name Mike our hero. He kept his cool calmness and led our troop out of the minefield that the goat led them into :D

Why Turkey? What is one thing Joel loves to do... eat! And in Turkey, they have great gyros! So, maybe Joel is really really hungry and wants to go spend a lot of money on gyros? :)

Okay, a serious answer to part of it; Joel wants to go to Turkey before leaving from Cyprus. The flights out of Paphos airport in Cyprus, where they are heading, don't go to Turkey due to the Cyprus conflict; Paphos is on the Cypriot side of the dividing line (UN buffer zone, called the "Green line"), not the Turkish occupied zone, so there are no flights to Turkey from there. :)

And yes, Mike did lead them to safety, which makes me wonder if he's still denying being there??? I'll second the motion to declare MikeL our hero of the chapter, for keeping calm and knowing what to do regarding those unexploded arty rounds. :)

HOWEVER, please, let's not blame the goat in the chapter for this! Actually, there was no goat, just goat trail (though, one can thus surmise a goat) but the goat was innocent in all this; he wouldn't know about the explosives. :P

CJ :)

• Site Administrator

HOWEVER, please, let's not blame the goat in the chapter for this! Actually, there was no goat, just goat trail (though, one can thus surmise a goat) but the goat was innocent in all this; he wouldn't know about the explosives. :P

CJ :)

OMG :blink:

This coming from a goat that has taught us piece by piece how to build nuclear, conventional, improvisional, and imitation bombs over a couple of stories :)

Your arguement holds about as much weight as if it was a gernade in a mayo jar. Deceptive, yes, but more deadly than you could imagine :/

My thought on the Turkey/money aspect keys in to what Joel was thinking at one point about Lisa and "coming to a decision" I believe it was put. I'm thinking he think's he'll find a better selection of engagement rings in Turkey than on Cyprus and wants to propose to Lisa as soon as he gets back to the States.

• Site Administrator

My thought on the Turkey/money aspect keys in to what Joel was thinking at one point about Lisa and "coming to a decision" I believe it was put. I'm thinking he think's he'll find a better selection of engagement rings in Turkey than on Cyprus and wants to propose to Lisa as soon as he gets back to the States.

That was my thinking as well, Trebs.

So no cross dressing and/or gyros :(

Dang :P

I don't object to being considered a hero, but...once again for the record...I have never followed a goat trail through a minefield.

Unlike most goats, our author has a vivid imagination.

OMG :blink:

This coming from a goat that has taught us piece by piece how to build nuclear, conventional, improvisional, and imitation bombs over a couple of stories :)

Your arguement holds about as much weight as if it was a gernade in a mayo jar. Deceptive, yes, but more deadly than you could imagine :/

But but but... I didn't do that, the scar did! :blink: And the grenades in glass jars was the general...

And how could poor, innocent me be dangerous? 0:)

Turkey is indeed a great place to buy jewelry. :)

I can't comment on whether you're right or wrong, but I can mention that the title of the next chapter is "From Turkey, with Love."

That was my thinking as well, Trebs.

Is no one going to bite at my suggestion that he wants to spend a day eating a thousand euros worth of gyros? :blink: Joel does love to eat. :)

So no cross dressing and/or gyros :(

Dang :P

Ah, but we don't know that yet. They aren't mutually exclusive propositions. :P

I don't object to being considered a hero, but...once again for the record...I have never followed a goat trail through a minefield.

Unlike most goats, our author has a vivid imagination.

But Mike... that is clearly you! Look at the last chapter, where you're described as looking green... And the name; Mike Grenoulle, which clearly means Mike the Frog. And just how many frogs from Tennessee do you suppose have experience in artillery? Yep, that's you, the hero of the chapter. (and, of course, the source of any perceived cliffhangers).

And BTW, could we get a cliffhanger-free certification for this chapter? Joel wanting to go to Turkey surely does not qualify!

This chapter was packed with information but it still doesn't help me make any conclusions. I was thinking along the same lines as Trebs except not the ring, but I think his idea is the correct one.

This chapter was packed with information but it still doesn't help me make any conclusions. I was thinking along the same lines as Trebs except not the ring, but I think his idea is the correct one.

hey for 1000 he could buy three rings - maybe he's buying for whole set engagement and wedding

or if he's BI then he's getting Trevor a cock ring. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Its a pity bridget didn't think of having Trevor sold into the sex trade and sink the boat or maybe the bad guys over there will think of that to make more money. If they work fast they will get twin looking ones - twice or three times the price.

So even when you run your own business, like Trevor's charter business, you still got to kiss a lot of butt. It seems even more so in the service/tourist industry. I must admit, though, that Blake was an interesting distraction. I was hoping Blake and Phil would both get thrown overboard when that horrendous wind came sweeping down from the island mountains. :2thumbs:

One thing seems for sure. There's going to be a KaBoom at some point. It just wouldn't be a CJ story without some sort of KaBoom. :P

I think Trebs nailed it with the wedding ring explanation. Makes a lot of sense. The only argument against it is the ages of Lisa and Joel. They're both way too young - still in high school. That's young love for ya! :wub:

So even when you run your own business, like Trevor's charter business, you still got to kiss a lot of butt. It seems even more so in the service/tourist industry. I must admit, though, that Blake was an interesting distraction. I was hoping Blake and Phil would both get thrown overboard when that horrendous wind came sweeping down from the island mountains. :2thumbs:

One thing seems for sure. There's going to be a KaBoom at some point. It just wouldn't be a CJ story without some sort of KaBoom. :P

I think Trebs nailed it with the wedding ring explanation. Makes a lot of sense. The only argument against it is the ages of Lisa and Joel. They're both way too young - still in high school. That's young love for ya! :wub:

B).........Yes a Kaboom is somewhere in sight here, but I think Trevor will be disarming there! Hmmm a volcano perhaps! Nah, already done. Nuke?, nah same, island with dropped ordinance? Came close, but no cigar. How about a very good shooting match later on!! 0:) We already have seen Trevor's skills with a pistol, will he need them to take out say an outboard engine, on say a troublesome boat? :D

Chapter 33 has even more information than this one, plus the answer to the "Turkey question". :)

hey for 1000 he could buy three rings - maybe he's buying for whole set engagement and wedding

or if he's BI then he's getting Trevor a cock ring.

Its a pity bridget didn't think of having Trevor sold into the sex trade and sink the boat or maybe the bad guys over there will think of that to make more money. If they work fast they will get twin looking ones - twice or three times the price.

No one is going to bite at my idea: that Joel is just really, really hungry for gyros? 0:) 0:)

Goat, I'm shocked! How could there be a kaboom in one of my stories? Isn't everything all sweetness and light? :ph34r:

And yep, in just about any business dealing with the public, you have to put up with a lot of BS, and moreso in the tourist biz.

B).........Yes a Kaboom is somewhere in sight here, but I think Trevor will be disarming there! Hmmm a volcano perhaps! Nah, already done. Nuke?, nah same, island with dropped ordinance? Came close, but no cigar. How about a very good shooting match later on!! 0:) We already have seen Trevor's skills with a pistol, will he need them to take out say an outboard engine, on say a troublesome boat? :D

Trevor would be far, far better off with a rifle. Rifle rounds have a lot more accuracy and stopping power. If it was me, I'd go with a scoped 30-06 with AP ammo; those will do an engine block even at long range. A .45 handgun is good, but range and accuracy are issues. It would take out an outboard, but hitting a moving target at range would be difficult. Trevor was very, very lucky in his shooting match with Joel; with a handgun, I miss on most shots at a bottle at that range on land. I've never shot anything other than shotguns off a moving deck and the motion does make it harder for that, and I'm assuming the same holds true for handguns.

Of course, one strategy, if all you have is a handgun and you've got people trying to board you, is wait for them to get close before opening fire; take them by surprise as they pull alongside. :)

As for a bomb, why worry about it? Trevor isn't. We should all take a cue from my all-time favorite movie, Dr. Strangelove: Learn to stop worrying and love the bomb :nuke: :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..