[Altimexis] A Golden Opportunity by Altimexis

• Site Administrator

A Golden Opportunity by Altimexis

When Jack loses his wife of more than 40 years, he finds himself besieged by widows looking for a husband. How strange it is, then, when he realizes the one he wants is his neighbor, Larry.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

This story elicited some interesting thought on my part. So many people focus on teenager or college aged years when they portray 'coming out' stories. In your story we are given a tale where people are really learning themselves and who they are inside later in life. They begin to see things with new eyes and a whole new world is opened up to them. It is never to late to examine who you are, we are always evolving, changing, and growing until the end. Thank you for the great story.

• Like 1

Altimexis! Hello again!

I'm happy to tell you that I enjoyed this story very much!

It is so very touching, and yet there are quite a few *chuckle* moments.

God! What I would have given to have been sitting at a nearby table when Steven and Peter strolled up! Oh MY!

A beautiful love story, Altimexis. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • 9 years later...

Hello,

Thanks very much for your story. It shows great insight on the strength of denial that many of us currently mature age men were maintaining in the 60's and 70's. I was also married and only came out to myself and started living a gay life after the divorce from my wife. 

• Like 1