Looking for a story

Hopefully this is allowed...but if it is please tell me so and I would not repeat the mistake again.

So here is the description of the story I am looking for:

The main character of the story is a sophomore or junior year high school student and lives in Massachusetts. He is smart with an even smarter brother who goes to MIT and his plan is to go to Harvard. I am not sure but it is a single parent household with mom being the only parent. Get accepted into summer program at Harvard and comes out or may he was out before...I am not clear on this point.

The one scene I remember from the story is that the main character is carrying a huge drawing folder and going for near Harvard square (if it is called that) for coffee and meets some one who chats him up a bit.

I know that is not much of description but the story is definitely here on GA or on awesomedude.com (most probably on GA).

Thank you ahead of time for anyone who helps me with this as it is going to bug until I find out which story it is.

It sort of sounds like From Where I Stand by kanseiji which is here in eFiction. If it's not, read this one anyway. It's really good. :D

You are a genius!!! That is exactly what I was looking for. I read the first two lines and knew it right away. Thank you very much.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This was right in time for my dinner (penne with basil/garlic/red chili powder pesto sauce with Parmesan cheese) which I wish I could share via computer because it smells damn good if I say so myself. biggrin.gif

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You are a genius!!! That is exactly what I was looking for. I read the first two lines and knew it right away. Thank you very much.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This was right in time for my dinner (penne with basil/garlic/red chili powder pesto sauce with Parmesan cheese) which I wish I could share via computer because it smells damn good if I say so myself. biggrin.gif

Your first post was allowed. This one, however, is borderline. It will only be allowed if you come over and cook that dinner so I can smell/taste it.

:)

Oh! new story to read! Oh yeah....