[Adam Phillips] CC, Chapter 27

I've sent Chapter 27 to my proofreaders. It'll be posted in a few days.

This is any ugly chapter. I may have to face some hatred for it. I may make a few e-enemies.

I hope most readers will understand the chapter in a larger, more charitable way.

But I won't apologize for it. It needs to be here. I wrote it, and I stand by it. If it offends you, and you end up refusing to understand, so be it.

I don't think that any of us should ever expect you to apologize, Adam. In following your story, I've never known you to write anything without purpose. Write on.

And by the way, congratulations on the new addition to your family. Enjoy that time with that precious new life. :)

He does like to leave us.... wanting more, doesn't he?

Cruel. Just plain cruel.

Honestly, it hasn't been my intention to make you wait this long. We're having...technical difficulties. The chapter has been submitted. I'm confident it'll show up soon.

Honestly, it hasn't been my intention to make you wait this long. We're having...technical difficulties. The chapter has been submitted. I'm confident it'll show up soon.

I was just teasing. You know we'll wait. I shouldn't complain, since I know that there are MANY who've been waiting much much much longer. I just like to yank yer chain. wink.gif

Wow Adam, this chapter was great!

Do you already know how many chapters there are gonna be? And are we going to see Matt again?:wub: lol

If we don't see Matt again, I will start a revolt. devilsmiley.gif

And, I think Adam has said the whole CC will be... 33 or 34 chapters?

If we don't see Matt again, I will start a revolt. devilsmiley.gif

And, I think Adam has said the whole CC will be... 33 or 34 chapters?

I'm with you Nightsky lol. I LOVE Matt to bits! He is great....I would give anything for him and Andy to end up together...this story is so sad :,(

Edited by Anya

I'm with you Nightsky lol. I LOVE Matt to bits! He is great....I would give anything for him and Andy to end up together...this story is so sad :,(

I was told, back before I started re-reading the extant chapters of CC, that I would not want to "slit [my] wrists" at the end of the completed story. That leaves a lot of ground though... so I'll hope, along with you, Anya, that there is a happy ending for Matt'n'Andy.

:o Adam! lol....I have to say tho that you do the sad stuff very well ;)

Lol nightsky...hm...I wouldn't slit my wrists if Andy ended up with Angie, which I believe he will after reading the prolog, but I'd be depressed for the rest of my life...lol just kidding...I think :P

It would be great if Adam gave Andy and Matt a happy end...Adam you'd definetely make some people very happy :wub:

But hey..no pressure :P

Edited by Anya

:o Adam! lol....I have to say tho that you do the sad stuff very well ;)

Lol nightsky...hm...I wouldn't slit my wrists if Andy ended up with Angie, which I believe he will after the reading the prologue, but I'd be depressed for the rest of my life...lol just kidding...I think :P

It would be great if Adam gave Andy and Matt a happy end...Adam you'd definetely make some people very happy :wub:

But hey..no pressure :P

Well, the story's locked, from a "plot" standpoint. Even if you haven't seen the remaining chapters yet.

But I think you'll find it a very interesting ride, and as nightsky said, nobody's gonna want to slit their wrists when they reach the final sentence of the story. I may be "angsty," but I ain't cruel. :lol:

Well, the story's locked, from a "plot" standpoint. Even if you haven't seen the remaining chapters yet.

But I think you'll find it a very interesting ride, and as nightsky said, nobody's gonna want to slit their wrists when they reach the final sentence of the story. I may be "angsty," but I ain't cruel. :lol:

Lol I sure hope so Adam :P I don't doubt I'm going to enjoy the rest of the story, it's really great even tho it's sad...

You know what's funny tho? I walked into this story thinking it would be cute and funny...love between two best friends and all...instead I got more heartache than anything else :,( lol

Lol I sure hope so Adam :P I don't doubt I'm going to enjoy the rest of the story, it's really great even tho it's sad...

You know what's funny tho? I walked into this story thinking it would be cute and funny...love between two best friends and all...instead I got more heartache than anything else :,( lol

Thing about it, though, is this: Isn't a lot of life like that? At least sometimes? And if this were just a story of two best friends loving each other...well, what would provide the energy that drives the storyline? In a sense, isn't all storytelling about people encountering a difficulty and responding to it? And in the course of doing so, they learn things about themselves, and about life, and about others...and they grow. Or maybe they're unable to do any of that, and they fail. Either way, to me stories are a small slice of the whole global human drama that is played out in the billions of human lives on the planet. And somehow in those stories we lift up those things that are most valuable about living, and look into the face of the things that are most destructive in living...and we come away, hopefully, enriched by our reading.

Thing about it, though, is this: Isn't a lot of life like that? At least sometimes? And if this were just a story of two best friends loving each other...well, what would provide the energy that drives the storyline? In a sense, isn't all storytelling about people encountering a difficulty and responding to it? And in the course of doing so, they learn things about themselves, and about life, and about others...and they grow. Or maybe they're unable to do any of that, and they fail. Either way, to me stories are a small slice of the whole global human drama that is played out in the billions of human lives on the planet. And somehow in those stories we lift up those things that are most valuable about living, and look into the face of the things that are most destructive in living...and we come away, hopefully, enriched by our reading.

Very well said and I agree with you ;)

I actually really like sad, dramatic stories. Those are the ones that stay with you for a long time. I also wouldn't be here whining if Andy and Matt hadn't gotten to me the way they have lol. And you're right a story needs conflicts and character growth.

Hey, have you ever thought about publishing Crosscurrents?

Edited by Adam Phillips

I actually really like sad, dramatic stories. Those are the ones that stay with you for a long time. I also wouldn't be here whining if Andy and Matt hadn't gotten to me the way they have lol. And you're right a story needs conflicts and character growth.

Hey, have you ever thought about publishing Crosscurrents?

Isn't posting Crosscurrents here on GA publishing it? blink.gif

You and I seem to like similar types of stories. I like adolescents, and identity exploration, so Crosscurrents is def. right up my alley. It's so angsty. It's so dramatic at times. It's tender. And tough. Cheery, then sad. As soon as you catch your breath, something else happens. Chapter 27 is a perfect example.

I found CC on another site and read all the 'then' published chapters in a very short period of time (I def. lost sleep that night), and omfg, I about screamed out loud when I got to the last chapter that was so obviously NOT the last chapter. So, I'm very pleased and grateful that Adam found a home here and started publishing new chapters. And that he's promised to FINISH. If he doesn't, that would be considered CRUEL, right? tongue.gif

he's promised to FINISH. If he doesn't, that would be considered CRUEL, right? tongue.gif

Hey--I have at least seven other stories planned. I can't get to them if I don't finish CC, right?

CC will most likely be the slowest, because the author has a special relationship with it. But for that reason, it's for damn sure gonna get finished.