Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Vaseline?

8 members have voted

1. 1. What Personal Lubricant Should The CAP Men Use?

• Astro Glide
    • Wet
    • KY
    • System JO
    • Other - specify

In the CAP series, here in 1999 we see Brad and the characters still using Vaseline as a lubricant, but we all know a key part of AIDS education in the early 90's (and since then) was using a water based lubricant with a condom since petroleum based lubricants weakened the condom.

Companies like Wet & AstroGlide were big sponsors of Gay Pride events and I think still are. I think the portable trash cans at Gay Pride always have the Wet logo on them. Maybe Trigg Labs (Wet) could be a non-tech investment for Stefan? It was definitely a growth industry and they are next to Magic Mountain, not too many miles from Malibu?

Anyway, vote your preference.

• Like 1

Astro Glide every time.

Depending when the now popular lubes came on the market determines if they get mentioned in a certain time period.

KY though has been around forever, so I'm a little surprised that Vaseline is still being used in the 90's considering how much damage in does to condoms. Saying that Brad & Robbie don't use them (now), so it could be just personal preference. I have no idea what’s better for fisting, but I’m guessing Mark’s done his research & Vaseline is the preferred choice for that activity… dunno!! :blink:

Personally I can't think of anything worse to use as lube, give me a water based one any time. :D

there are some things not appropriate to use water based lube such as Robbie's kink thing...

Right, but both Wet & AstroGlide make personal lubricants that are not water based too, they do oil and silicone based as well for "other" uses besides using condoms and I have to believe they are safer and better than Vaseline.

• Like 1

Here's something to think about:

* A tube of ID lube is 5.5 oz and cost $14.99

* A small jar of Vaseline is 3.75 oz and cost $2.99

* 1 US Gallon = 128 oz

* 23.2727 ID Lube tubes approx 1 US Gallon

* 34.1333 Vaseline jars approx 1 US Gallon

* 1 Gallon of ID lube = $348.86

* 1 Gallon of Vaseline = $102.06

* One large 6 lb. can of regular Crisco at Walmart approx $6.50...

It's all about the $$$ folks.... It's cheaper to use Vaseline or Crisco then it is using lube, water based or not :P

when I was a kid ... my impression of the 50s Greasers ... combing their hair would find a different use for it

personally, I hate the greasy and the smell, it made my stomach turn.

* 1 US Gallon = 128 oz

It's all about the $ folks.... It's cheaper to use Vaseline or Crisco then it is using lube, water based or not :P

How much Crisco do you have to use, compared to the others? (more)

Edited by Rilbur

* 1 US Gallon = 128 oz

It's all about the $$$ folks.... It's cheaper to use Vaseline or Crisco then it is using lube, water based or not :P

I am sorry, but no matter how poor I have been, I never got to the point of having to do a cost/benefit on the lube I use! (I suppose if one were poor enough one would make do with spit'n'passion - fortunately I never was that poor!!)

* 1 US Gallon = 128 oz

It's all about the $$ folks.... It's cheaper to use Vaseline or Crisco then it is using lube, water based or not :P

That's hilarious! A cost-benefit on lube vs. Vaseline vs. Crisco.

Personally, I'm one of those "grab whatever the f**k is available" kind of guys. Just saying. whistle.gif

That's hilarious! A cost-benefit on lube vs. Vaseline vs. Crisco.

Personally, I'm one of those "grab whatever the f**k is available" kind of guys. Just saying. whistle.gif

so, Mark :worship: , if I understand correctly what you are saying is that all your sexual encounters are surprises.......ie no time to plan... I suppose there is something to be said for a completely spontaneous sex-life!;):P

Nothing wrong with being prepared. I keep a bottle of lube in my car... for emergencies. :*)

Do you guys notice something, we talk more about sex in this forum than in any other. I think if we go back far enough we'll have most guys sexual habits down pat! :P

Nothing wrong with being prepared. I keep a bottle of lube in my car... for emergencies. :*)

Do you guys notice something, we talk more about sex in this forum than in any other. I think if we go back far enough we'll have most guys sexual habits down pat! :P

LOL. You never know when your car might break down. biggrin.gif

Hehe. I've always had this fantasy about being seduced by a cop, or vice versa. So keeping things handy is hopefully tempting fate. ;)

hmmm, I got pulled over for speeding by an MP at ft bliss, tx for going 30 in a 30 mph zone... Does that count? :D

• Like 1

* 1 US Gallon = 128 oz

It's all about the $$ folks.... It's cheaper to use Vaseline or Crisco then it is using lube, water based or not :P

I'm not sure if I should be jealous or horrified. Although, I just might like a love-life that required supplies by the gallon and pound....YEEHA! Oh my, the fantasies are flying now!

• Like 1

yeah okay I do have a tube of lube and condoms (regular, mint and xtra large) in my computer bag. It's embarrassing when the bag flips open and the stuff drops out of the pockets onto the floor in the middle of the coffee shop... Mouse on one hand and my Cafe Mocha in the other... :P

• Like 1

okay I am guessing some are not getting it so I will explain it :P

lubes like wet (water based or not) does not cover the hand in a thick enough layer of lube like vaseline or crisco would. Wet, ID and others like that leaves a thin layer while crisco leaves a THICK layer.

you try to fist someone that is not loose enough with just a thin layer of lube, you are going to seriously hurt them...

do I need to make a powerpoint? :D

Edited by mmike1969
  • Like 1

okay I am guessing some are not getting it so I will explain it :P

lubes like wet (water based or not) does not cover the hand in a thick enough layer of lube like vaseline or crisco would. Wet, ID and others like that leaves a thin layer while crisco leaves a THICK layer.

you try to fist someone that is not loose enough with just a thin layer of lube, you are going to seriously hurt them...

do I need to make a powerpoint? :D

I'd watch your powerpoint.biggrin.gif

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..