Music Groups, Songs, Artists

If you mean also indie-bands, then here are some I could recommend:

Arctic monkeys (already disband actually)

Japanese indie bands:

andymori ( i think they've got a bit country influence, but i can't really say . just try it out ^^ )

Art-school: try "14 SOULS"

Japanese pop bands:

Arashi (has a lot of love songs): (examples) "Love So Sweet" "Wish" "One Love"

KAT-TUN: "Lovin' U" "Heart Beat" "YOU"

There's one Japanese song called "First Love" of Utada Hikaru. It's not from a band, but it is a beautiful lovesong.

It is true that Korea (and Japan as well) has a lot of boy- and girlbands even in this decade. Does anybody know how come they don't do that here anymore? Popularity decreased? Couldn't afford such bands??

I love Lady Antebellum... Basically if it's country I know it... :D

Keitiba - I checked those group out... for some reason J-Pop doesn't equal the caliber of K-Pop music for me. To me it sounds too cute, adorable, bubblegummy. And I don't mean Kat-tun but the J-Pop industry as a whole. Kat-tun has that too. :P I do like Utada Hikaru... I have about 5 of her cds. I love her because she doesn't sound like traditional J-Pop music and is more edgy and more "serious" poppy. And maybe another part of it also has to do with the fact that I know and understand Japanese and I think Japanese isn't a "pretty" langauage. It's too syllabic. If that makes any sense.

Kings of Leon, Darren Hayes, Rob Thomas, Daniel Bedingfield and Green Day - they are all on my library already :D

Jenni Vartiainen - OMG I love her! Thanks for introducing me to her. I like the bluesy/blue grass music in some of her songs. Jippu - I like her voice. It's sutble and soft. And while I was surfing one of her songs for a movie is quite controversial. A black man with a white woman! God forbids! (actually it was just one person who was pretty stupid in her logic). PMMP is also another interesting good group. I'm adding them all. Don Johnson will take some time to get use too... and maybe then maybe not.

I'm kinda ignorant but I'm assuming the language is swedish? I like the sound of Swedish (the langauge) there's a mythical enchanting feel to it, well when Jenni, Jippu, PMMP sings... that is if they are speaking the same language haha.

HIM - I laughed when I looked them up. I know their songs!!!! I just never knew who sang it until now. Thanks!

I'm kinda diggin The Sound. Don't love them but I know if I listen to them enough I will...

5ive! Westlife! Lol I haven't heard a mention of them since I was in middle school.

One Republic. already checked. Same with Sara B. Neon Trees.

I can do the wonder girl's Nobody dance! Of course! Haha.

Laleh is interesting... indie kinda... and I found Andreas Johnson from that suggestion...:P

Hip Hop isn't really my thing. :) Oh Freddy Mercury? So 70/80's... :funny:

Thanks Everyone!

Jenni Vartiainen - OMG I love her! Thanks for introducing me to her. I like the bluesy/blue grass music in some of her songs. Jippu - I like her voice. It's sutble and soft. And while I was surfing one of her songs for a movie is quite controversial. A black man with a white woman! God forbids! (actually it was just one person who was pretty stupid in her logic). PMMP is also another interesting good group. I'm adding them all. Don Johnson will take some time to get use too... and maybe then maybe not.

I'm kinda ignorant but I'm assuming the language is swedish? I like the sound of Swedish (the langauge) there's a mythical enchanting feel to it, well when Jenni, Jippu, PMMP sings... that is if they are speaking the same language haha.

:rolleyes::D:lol:

The language in Jenni's and Jippus etc. songs is actually Finnish. Sweden is our neightbour country, so you did get it close! (Except our languages are not relatet.)

If you like Swedish, try Kent.

Now you can compare our languages :P

And also check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z609EQ0dLJo&feature=BF&list=MLGxdCwVVULXedD9YQfsBd_oiHnAPq19yA&index=19

It is hugelly popular in Finland. And definitely something different :lmao:

And you might like Chisu, she's a bit like Jenni.

:rolleyes::D:lol:

The language in Jenni's and Jippus etc. songs is actually Finnish. Sweden is our neightbour country, so you did get it close! (Except our languages are not relatet.)

If you like Swedish, try Kent.

Now you can compare our languages :P

And also check out http://www.youtube.c...Pq19yA&index=19

It is hugelly popular in Finland. And definitely something different :lmao:

And you might like Chisu, she's a bit like Jenni.

Oh I ike Kent.

And sorry! Swedish isn't as lyrical as Finnish. Finnish seems to flow from the tongue. Swedish has the aspirations, as subtle as they are you can still hear it. They are two very different languages. Sweish is Old Germanic and Finnish is Uralic (in origin and yes I just looked it up :lmao: ). Sorry language nerd here. :P Sometimes I feel like people don't understand or truely get what I'm trying to say when I talk about languages, so I hope you do.

I love Lady Antebellum... Basically if it's country I know it... :D

Keitiba - I checked those group out... for some reason J-Pop doesn't equal the caliber of K-Pop music for me. To me it sounds too cute, adorable, bubblegummy. And I don't mean Kat-tun but the J-Pop industry as a whole. Kat-tun has that too. :P I do like Utada Hikaru... I have about 5 of her cds. I love her because she doesn't sound like traditional J-Pop music and is more edgy and more "serious" poppy. And maybe another part of it also has to do with the fact that I know and understand Japanese and I think Japanese isn't a "pretty" langauage. It's too syllabic. If that makes any sense.

I can do the wonder girl's Nobody dance! Of course! Haha.

Thanks Everyone!

lol, I get what you mean with cute. And I agree about the fact that Utada Hikaru sounds way different/better than an average Japanese pop singer.

And what did you say? the Nobody dance?? LOL I so would like to see that.

Humm, can't really say that i'm completely up with the Australian music scene... I'm currently rediscovering the 70s and 80s (or discovering for the first time, if you like, since i was born late 80s....)

but i can tell you what's popular at the moment. I think. I mean, seriously... THINK.....

Little Red just released their second album. It's a bit boring apart from one song called "rock it"

"Plans" by Birds of Tokyo is massive here at the moment.

Mumford and Sons still pretty popular, and if you like them you might like Whitley (one of my fave artists EVER! Not much of him on Youtube unfortunately... :( )

anyway. not sure what you'll think of those........