Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 61 : Stranger in a Strange Land

Now Joel & Lisa need to stay out of the love shack to keep the bad guys in the dark for just a bit longer as Trev can well use the "quiet time" to get centered...

Like the details ~ often the little boatyard can cut a much better deal than the big boys, more flexible. I wonder how Trevor is going to overcome the age issue. I had a lot of problems owning a yacht at 17 ~ including insurance. In the end I had to go down the corporate route, being the director and beneficial owner of an unlimited company which owned the 64 shares of the yacht, whih was then a British registered vessel. Then I had problems with getting an Admiralty Warrant to fly the White Ensign and the Blue Ensign defaced (blame a great aunt who was a keen member of the RYS who signed me up at birth, and my father who was treasurer of another prestgious yacht club. There's something about going into these places in cut offs and a T when you are a member for a shower etc. and then come out of the facilities in full black tie for dinner.

I wonder if Trevor is going to keep things quiet, or if the evil machinations will affect him.

Many thanks for a great chapter.

Now Joel & Lisa need to stay out of the love shack to keep the bad guys in the dark for just a bit longer as Trev can well use the "quiet time" to get centered...

B).......... I agree, hopefully Joel and Lisa keep their mouths shut, however if another attempt is made on Trevor's life. Joel and Lisa can figure out where they were last when they blurted out the info. The big thing will be the timing of the press release of Trevor's ordeal, so far Trevor's identity is known only few people. Other then that people just know him as the one that made the voyage! Trevor noticed a large of amount of Catamarans in the harbor, Edward told him twice to ask around with the local yachters about his work. After shopping for some much needed clothes, I'm going to guess that Trevor finds some people to talk to in the harbor. Will one of the catamarans catch his eye? I doubt that the Ares would retain her name, but Ares II? Something is going to trigger Trevor to speculate on seeing a familiarity, I'm not sure of the time line here, maybe the1st week or two of November, and the statutes of limitations for Dirk run out December 16? That means Trevor cannot meet his mom until after 12/16, obviously if his dad and mom thought they were in such danger to plan this elaborate hoax, Trevor's life is still on the line. Trevor has maybe a week before needing to disappear as Sanchez will most likely hire a straight out hit on Trevor, no accidents this time, just a clean shot assassin.

0:)............... I wonder if Trevor will list the garlic press as one of the items stolen from him to the insurance company?? Great Chapter, continue to get well goat!!

B).......... I agree, hopefully Joel and Lisa keep their mouths shut, however if another attempt is made on Trevor's life. Joel and Lisa can figure out where they were last when they blurted out the info. The big thing will be the timing of the press release of Trevor's ordeal, so far Trevor's identity is known only few people. Other then that people just know him as the one that made the voyage! Trevor noticed a large of amount of Catamarans in the harbor, Edward told him twice to ask around with the local yachters about his work. After shopping for some much needed clothes, I'm going to guess that Trevor finds some people to talk to in the harbor. Will one of the catamarans catch his eye? I doubt that the Ares would retain her name, but Ares II? Something is going to trigger Trevor to speculate on seeing a familiarity, I'm not sure of the time line here, maybe the1st week or two of November, and the statutes of limitations for Dirk run out December 16? That means Trevor cannot meet his mom until after 12/16, obviously if his dad and mom thought they were in such danger to plan this elaborate hoax, Trevor's life is still on the line. Trevor has maybe a week before needing to disappear as Sanchez will most likely hire a straight out hit on Trevor, no accidents this time, just a clean shot assassin.

0:)............... I wonder if Trevor will list the garlic press as one of the items stolen from him to the insurance company?? Great Chapter, continue to get well goat!!

I'm sure Trevor will recognize the Ares without the name ... its the touch and feel ... and the marking on the boat that can prove to him that its the ares ... like he himself could have left his own mark or even hidden a childhood toy in a secret spot.

Perhaps when his navigation console is hooked up he'll be able to read the names that might give him an odd hint

Now whats with him ... he not contact his Austrailian family yet?? Nor did he tell the COS people that he has family here.

Its slow before word gets out to them ... you wonder if Trevor would know his mother madien name.

Well in another week he'll be having thanksgiving and then three weeks later he'll see Joel.

I wonder how soon the boat will be fixed before Trevor gets a new phone. I'm sure he'll have to take pictures of the boat to send to the insurance as well as keep records of how his boat looked.

Woo ... with an insurance claim pending that is sure to alert george and bridget ... or if joel or lisa doesn't keep their traps shut ...

I love your stories CJ and this one is no exception... but...

It just seems a bit odd, with everyone knowing the sporting good store is closed and all, that no one offered Trevor a spare pair of shorts/sweats/jacket/etc - anything to give him a bit more cover. I mean - sure - some of them are ENJOYING looking at his ass - but there has to be at least one straight guy in Carnavon...

It just seems a bit odd, with everyone knowing the sporting good store is closed and all, that no one offered Trevor a spare pair of shorts/sweats/jacket/etc - anything to give him a bit more cover. I mean - sure - some of them are ENJOYING looking at his ass - but there has to be at least one straight guy in Carnavon...

:lmao:.............I agree with that, you would have thought someone would have offered a bit more clothing, Me thinks the goat likes Trevor's predicament 0:)

Edited by Benji

I guess we're all are enjoy the wiggle of entertainment ... are you implying Trevor gaydar is working!! lol

I want to thank everyone who has posted. :)

I have been reading the forum, I just haven't been able to think clearly enough to reply or post much in recent days. I'm getting better though, and the chills and fevers have finally ended. My Doc says I'm well on the way to full recovery, which was welcome news. :)

I'm still loopier than normal, thanks to some of the meds, but I'm feeling a heck of a lot better. I'm still weak, and sleep a lot, but less each day.

Anyway, sorry for my absence and late replies!

On the issue of Trevor's scenic shorts :lmao: I concede the point; someone would have likely offered. Trevor did pass on an offer to go shopping though, and there would be the issue of nothing the officers or Ned fitting Trevor, assuming they had any clothes on hand. Also, Trevor did sort of take care of the problem via the paperclips, which pinned the tear shut.

However, that said, we probably do have a case of my bias here: Trevor and clothes are a bad mix. 0:) 0:)

I hope that missing catamaran is found... (thanks for the link!).

BTW, the next chapter will post on time (any minute now) and is called "Enemies Near and Far".

I hope that missing catamaran is found... (thanks for the link!).

It was. They ended up off the coast of the Philippines and were towed in. They had experience rudder damage and engine damage I believe.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..