Snowpocalypse 2011?

Lol!

We've had 5 snow storms in New England this year and more than 60 inches of snow in Boston with most of it still on the ground cuz it's been so damn cold. I'll just make some hot cocoa and write my stories, because my writers block is defrosted.

Down here in southeast PA we got one "big" one last week (about 10 inches). I put big in quotes because for a born and bred native northern New Englander, 10 inches is nothing. Apparently back home in New Hampshire they could get 22 inches by the end of the week. My home city has already had about 72 inches so far and its just barely February! I'm missing out on some of the best skiing in years. :(

• Site Moderator

Down here in southeast PA we got one "big" one last week (about 10 inches). I put big in quotes because for a born and bred native northern New Englander, 10 inches is nothing. Apparently back home in New Hampshire they could get 22 inches by the end of the week. My home city has already had about 72 inches so far and its just barely February! I'm missing out on some of the best skiing in years. :(

As of January 28th, the Philly area had 15 inches more snow the same date for 2009.

After round two of this weeks storm, it took me 5 minutes just to get to my car this morning to start it so I could get the ice off the windows easier.

• Site Administrator

We had whiteout conditions here in Toronto this morning.

There were so many things closed across the city I decided to stay in today.

Did you call in the Army again :lol: ?

I know what you guys mean it was 60 degrees outside today not a cloud in the sky and I felt like i was going to freeze to death. I think I'm going to have to put away the fan and break out the heater again :( Damn southern california weather where is spring!

wow... this is a bit odd... i personally don't find we have any more or less snow than usual up here in New Brunswick... i mean, by the end of the year we could have around 12' of snow, no big deal :P all you poor americans with 'snow problems' :P (jk, we can only handle it cause we have a history of a lot of snow :P )

Can anyone say "global warming"? :P

It appears Al Gore can and with a straight face: http://washingtonexa...storic-blizzard

As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now, and they say increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming.