Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

The Blakes, owners of the Kookaburra

Disclaimer: Although as editor for CJ I have seen some chapters that have not yet been posted, I have not seen this topic discussed anywhere at this point.

Having worked for years with CJ on his stories, I drew a conclusion early on in Circumnavigation that Trevor's mother was not really dead. There has been nothing to counter this in any of the chapters thus far. Dirk is in on this secret - hence the undisclosed nature of the statute of limitations action Dirk is hiding. Dirk's push to have Trevor meet up with his mother's relatives is his way of having Trevor find out his mother is still alive. Granted all this is my own speculation, but it is not much of a leap, and wouldn't it be poetic justice for Mrs. Blake to be Trevor's mother? And if that is true, could it be that the Kookaburra is really the recommissioned Ares? Now there is something to think about...

I know some of you will think I am 'stirring the pot'; that I am a shill for CJ trying to throw you off track. I attest that I have not run any of this by CJ before I posted it - and the fact that you are reading this indicates what a fair and impartial host CJ can be when it comes to topics like this.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

ohmy.gif

mad.gif

innocent.gif

But Kookaburra is a lagoon 57 and Aries is a Lagoon 55. Two feet is two feet!

That was the first thing that I thought of too :o

Everything else I think I have pondered and believe might be true. If she remarried then she could easily be Mrs. Blake. Maybe why she has Shane aboard the Kookaburra as he may remind her of what she left behind in Florida. :(

The only question is since Dirk and Rachel only filed for divorce, would she be guilty of polygamy in Australia? Do they have laws against multiple marriages down under? Maybe Rachel might soon be on the run with Trevor if this is true :blink:.

Interesting ideas though Emoe :great:

hehe perhaps Mr. Blake is just the protector until she has given her testimony. No one spoke about a trial for the drug lords. Like will there be a big bust of one of the cartels.

(in the news - Acapulco was drug lords free but now there are at least four of them that fight over the territory)

Until Trevor meets the Blake's ... we won't know ... nice to keep it a possibility ... its cool that Lisa has already started helping Trevor to locate his mom.

I wonder if Trevor will be able to contact his dad to get the real location of his relatives ... We will wonder who will help him to find his relatives ... like could they be in Kookaburra .... its a mystery that takes its time to reveal itself.

Its certainly a coincidence to bump into finding the ares ... perhaps Trevor will find the secret spot to where Arnold's list is ... What would Sanchez do with the list if he got to it first? I guess we will see how much time Trevor will be spending on the boat ... we're just on day two or three ... time seems to move slowly as there are many details to read about.

There's also the possibility that she's under some kind of protection program that never went to court.

I thought maybe the same ting, but if it was witness re-location, they would make sure the family would be on the hook for the murder. That would cause additional investigations and the family wanting to clear their name.

My guess that she was implicated in the criminal activities and had to do some things she didn't really want to do, but she was in too deep to turn Arnold in. If she and Dirk were getting a divorce anyway, they might have got one without telling anyone where. When the time came she just faked her own death and sailed away to down under. She might have thought that the only way to keep Trevor safe was to let him think she was dead until the statue of limitions ran out.

I bet she has already found the "Arnold lists and documentation" and can release it when the time she can be imprisoned runs out.

I'm willing to bet that everyone that reads the story has a guess what happened.

Jim

Great topic!

There's nothing I can say on it without a spoiler (either they are, or they aren't, would be a spoiler) so I can only say... errr, not much.... nothing, actually... but as this post shows, I'm rather capable of using a lot of words to say nothing.

:lol:

Seriously though, great topic, and some very interesting posts in it! :great:

Great topic!

There's nothing I can say on it without a spoiler...

I think it would be nice if Trevor's mom turned out to be Mrs. Blake. CJ has inflicted Trev with so many bad things, he needs to have something good come along for him in Australia other than repair and refitting of the Atlantis.

Colin B)

I think it would be nice if Trevor's mom turned out to be Mrs. Blake. CJ has inflicted Trev with so many bad things, he needs to have something good come along for him in Australia other than repair and refitting of the Atlantis.

Colin B)

B).............. It would be very interesting if Mrs. Blake turned out to be Trevor's mother Rachel. Could the Kookaburra actually be the Aries? The difference is minimal see;

http://www.cata-lago...557_pres_uk.php

Could Nate have modified her to be a 57, to help disguise her? So I guess we will find out when either Nate gives Trevor the tour or remarks what changes he made to the boat!

Edited by Benji

Everything else I think I have pondered and believe might be true. If she remarried then she could easily be Mrs. Blake. Maybe why she has Shane aboard the Kookaburra as he may remind her of what she left behind in Florida. :(

The only question is since Dirk and Rachel only filed for divorce, would she be guilty of polygamy in Australia?

This discussion is an interesting and largely feasible hypothesis. I have no doubt that Trevor's mom is still alive.

As for the polygamy issue, remember that, under Florida law, Rachel is legally deceased. That may or may not make a difference.

This discussion is an interesting and largely feasible hypothesis. I have no doubt that Trevor's mom is still alive.

As for the polygamy issue, remember that, under Florida law, Rachel is legally deceased. That may or may not make a difference.

B)............Good point! But still it leaves a problem here, can a legally declared dead person resume her maiden name and remarry and not get caught? Not unless she has help from someone, like a government? Or are they (the Blakes) just pretending to be presumed to be married, fooled everyone and are waiting the statues to run out?? That is assuming that Mrs. Blake is Trevor's long lost mother of course.

Trevor's mom's brain has been implanted into the yacht's nav systems

SHE'S THE KOOKABURRA

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Colin B)

Ahhh, I can't really say much of anything on a speculative thread, but, I do have to take serious issue above! I can't be blamed for any of the things that have befallen Trevor... Some of it was done by Bridget and George, some by the pirates, etc, so they can be blamed, but not me... I am completely innocent. 0:)

I think too (and have for a while) that Trevors mom is still alive and probably in australia. But i wonder what happened to make her abandon her kid.. i mean that 2 adults decide to get a divorce and then maybe come up with an idea to fake an accident to get hold of the life insurance money (which both could benefit from) can easily happen.. but a mother abandoning her child takes something serious to happen......

I think too (and have for a while) that Trevors mom is still alive and probably in australia. But i wonder what happened to make her abandon her kid.. i mean that 2 adults decide to get a divorce and then maybe come up with an idea to fake an accident to get hold of the life insurance money (which both could benefit from) can easily happen.. but a mother abandoning her child takes something serious to happen......

B)................The only inference I can gather from Dirk is that it was dangerous for Trevor to be looking for the Ares, and I don't think it was the sea that bothered him the most. I would have to assume that Rachel left because of something she saw or found out that could have put the entire family in danger. Perhaps her presumed death solved the problem of the danger to her family. I also don't think there was intentional fraud of the insurance company, but the insurance had to be paid for appearance sakes, I think Dirk hasn't touched the money and plans to return it after statues of limitations expire.

Another issue is if or when Trevor finds his mother. Will such a find put her and trevor at risk? not by the law but by sanchez.

How will trevor take the 8 years of abandonment and getting to know one another. etc etc. He's a teen ... so there be some anger or something for those lost years ... make some epilogue ... lets hope CJ doesn't make it short and cheesy like JK Rowling again (FTL)

If the Blakes return on schedule ... its going to be some adventure between Dec and March ... lets hope CJ lets Joel and Lisa stay and get into all the fun of the story rather than having to leave dec 27. Sanchez looking forward to bring back several heads to close the drama ... gosh he's doesn't sound like a family man. Sounds like another character we know.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh, I can't really say much of anything on a speculative thread, but, I do have to take serious issue above! I can't be blamed for any of the things that have befallen Trevor... Some of it was done by Bridget and George, some by the pirates, etc, so they can be blamed, but not me... I am completely innocent. 0:)

Me thinks thou doth protest too much, Mr. Slowest Writer In The World!

Me thinks thou doth protest too much, Mr. Slowest Writer In The World!

But but but.... I do admit (Indeed, I proclaim) to be the slowest writer in the world lately... but it's very unfair to blame me for things I didn't do, such as the pirate attack on Trevor... That was Ali and the pirates, not me! Sent by Sanchez and Bridget, not me!

And the bomb... I had nothing to do with that either! Bridget, George, and Sanchez are clearly the culprits there...

I'm innocent! 0:)

But who was it that created the characters and brought them to life?

But but but.... isn't that sort of like blaming a parent for what their children grow up to do!?!?!?

Bridget, for example, was my first try at creating the stereotypical sweet, grandmotherly type character. I's not my fault that she went on to have a few little unpleasant personality traits. :ph34r:

Bridget, for example, was my first try at creating the stereotypical sweet, grandmotherly type character. I's not my fault that she went on to have a few little unpleasant personality traits. :ph34r:

A few LITTLE unpleasant personality traits??????

Bridget puts the "B" in bitch. ;-)

• Site Administrator

B)............Wait until you meet Eric In For the Love :angry:

I read for the love.... Eric is a little prick until the very end, but Bridget sucks rotten eggs.

Have you both been drinking :beer: ?

Eric is the unsung hero of FTL :D

A few LITTLE unpleasant personality traits??????

Bridget puts the "B" in bitch. ;-)

Well, I do admit that she's not perfect as a sweet, grandmotherly character... but, people do have their little flaws; no one is perfect. Sure, she does a few high-handed things (Like sending Trevor a going-away present in the Suez, and then causing that little pirate problem) but she's being very hospitable to Joel and Lisa... :)

B)............Wait until you meet Eric In For the Love :angry:

Awww, Benji... You know you miss sweet, lovable, misunderstood Eric... 0:)

Have you both been drinking :beer: ?

Eric is the unsung hero of FTL :D

Indeed! :2thumbs:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..