• Site Administrator

There is a slight delay on Chapter 9. Sorry guys. Look for an update on Monday, Tuesday on the outisde if someone else comes up.

There is a slight delay on Chapter 9. Sorry guys. Look for an update on Monday, Tuesday on the outisde if someone else comes up.

Awww - I was wondering why I hadn't received an e-mail yet!

Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Thank you!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. The doctors did get the serum and YAY, the kitlings are going to get better. Still, there are questions unanswered. Those should round out the story and perhaps give you all a hint of where the next Carthera story is going to go.

As for timing on the next chapter, honestly I'm just not sure :P Sorry!! Spring cleaning, meals for a friend who had surgery, babysitting 3 extra kids for friends off and on this week and plans to go out of town in 2 days, a family birthday, and Mother's Day on Sunday... Life tends to speed up when spring finally hits. I will try to have a chapter by next Tuesday at the latest but I can't promise Friday of this week. Just too much going on.

Thank you!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. The doctors did get the serum and YAY, the kitlings are going to get better. Still, there are questions unanswered. Those should round out the story and perhaps give you all a hint of where the next Carthera story is going to go.

As for timing on the next chapter, honestly I'm just not sure :P Sorry!! Spring cleaning, meals for a friend who had surgery, babysitting 3 extra kids for friends off and on this week and plans to go out of town in 2 days, a family birthday, and Mother's Day on Sunday... Life tends to speed up when spring finally hits. I will try to have a chapter by next Tuesday at the latest but I can't promise Friday of this week. Just too much going on.

I'm already glad you seem to plan a bit of writing in between anyway! I think I'd be too exhausted to write! And Tuesday is only a week away!

Ooooh a hint for the next Carthera? You're plotting for stories in your previous ones, kinda a devilish way to insure future readers! But you'd already have me though hehehe!

Good luck with all the fussies!

• 2 weeks later...

Another great chapter, Cia!

I really did think the story was about to wind down, but now I see it sure as hell won't! Not that I mind, I love it that we'll see more of the couple!

And it was "kinda" heated too! :*) hehehe!

Can't wait to read on!

P.S.: I didn't notice any mistakes, so no worries! :D

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Well it's not going to go on and on. I wouldn't guess more than a few more chapters, at most. I'm not quite sure where this one ends exactly, they just keep finding new things to say and do when I sit down to write. I know, I threw in a naughty bit :P But I think it was important to their relationship, coming home for the first time, and throw in the fact that they were just mated and have this new bond and new bodies/senses... I would want to test them out, lol.

Yay for no mistakes!! Thank you so much. You always leave me a comment, via review, my forum, my profile. I love to hear what you think and how you are liking the story so far, it means a lot to me that you take the time to do that. :hug:

• Like 1

Well it's not going to go on and on. I wouldn't guess more than a few more chapters, at most. I'm not quite sure where this one ends exactly, they just keep finding new things to say and do when I sit down to write. I know, I threw in a naughty bit :P But I think it was important to their relationship, coming home for the first time, and throw in the fact that they were just mated and have this new bond and new bodies/senses... I would want to test them out, lol.

Yay for no mistakes!! Thank you so much. You always leave me a comment, via review, my forum, my profile. I love to hear what you think and how you are liking the story so far, it means a lot to me that you take the time to do that. :hug:

Me likes the naughty bits :devil: hehehe!

And I gotta keep you motivated eh! :D:read:

Brr, creepy chapter! Didn't expect one so soon! Poor Bashta!

Can't wait to read what that doll means, but I'm not gonna post my suspicions! Hehehe!

Superbly written though, Cia! :2thumbs:

Keep the writing on please ♥

So I finally caught up on the story - sorry no reviews, I forgot -

Can't say I have any complaints or even any snarky comments - I know shocker right?

It felt in someways that this was almost a new story - not really but you know what I mean. We've left the Jungle, left Bashtar's world behind, and entered Cavel's but even Cavel is different in this world. he seems less Militant and more Regal. I know that sounds off, but in the jungle he was the Alpha, commanding his men and expecting to be obeyed. At home he is the Alpha, but he is more a leader than a commander. He still expects to be obeyed, but it is almost as if being in the world of humans or at least so close to it, that his persona morphed a bit.

I am interested in how the Plague got to Bashtar tribe. Forget how it got to Cavel's but who brought it to Bashtar's? Is that the unanswered question you keep alluding to?

I mean we know now how it got from Bashtar's to Cavel's but how did it get to the Jungle in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

It was creepy Bandage. That sort of vibe is definitely what I was going for!! :) I plan to keep going, so you'll be happy. It's not time to end the story quite yet.

Hi Quonus! Thanks for catching up!! No reviews are fine, it happens :P The alpha version of Cavel in the jungle was definitely due ot the circumstances. I don't think being that autocratic in a modern society, even a Carthera one would fly. He'd be torn apart by his own Jaguars. I did put in the story earlier that he was a leader accepted well by his people based on his ability to listen to them and compromise, even if he hadn't yet mated and 'matured' with the bond. These chapters were set to highlight that.

The answer as to the plague, well.... I'm not trying to be deliberately but I'm not quite sure on what all we get to find out in this. I think we'll find that the answers you seek are bigger than this story alone and tie into many things including the previous Carthera story and the ones yet to come. Okay, maybe I'm being a little vague on purpose but honestly, even I don't know it all! You need to complain to the voices in my head if you don't like it; they're being coy. :lol:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Great chapter, it clearly starts to show the depth now of the intriges, which makes it all the more exciting to follow! Can't wait until it's unraveled!

And I love that you brought in some chars from your other stories ♥

Oh, I hope your writings go a bit more block-less from now on, 2 weeks is WAAAAY too long to wait for a story of yours ♥

Keep the writing button on!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so the 'twist' wasn't that obvious, even if you think it is. I expected there to be a black Jaguar at some point because the Great Jaguar at the temple wasn't about to save the clan only to destroy it in a generation. But I figured it would come from an adoption or something - which it is but it is from Bashtar's sibling. That said, can a black jaguar only come from a black jaguar? Does the alpha always have to be the child of an alpha or a black Jaguar?

• Site Administrator

Well I'm glad it wasn't as obvious as I thought. In the Jaguar clans only black Jaguars can be alphas. Black jaguars are only born to black jaguars, yes, because it is a magic thing whereas in the wild it's a genetic thing. The dificulty about finding an heir for them lies in the fact that clans don't just let their members go for anything less than a good reason and cats are territorial. It'd be very difficult to find a cub for them to adopt. You'll find out quite a bit more about Bashta's brother and his family in the last chapter, promise!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well... it's over! Chapter 14, the final c hapter, is in GA Stories finally. Tell me what you think please!!!

Two of a Kind

No!

Okay, you did say please. I'm not sure - and I say that being honest. I definitely found the first half more engaging than the second. Yes I know that isn't the nicest thing to say, but I don't say it to be mean. I think that the first have was more about the character, their emotions, their interaction, and I guess I dig that more. But the story 'needed' the stuff to get resolved so I'm not sure how to 'fix' that.

Then again, maybe I'm just pissy cause it's over :P

Yeah, let's go with that. :D

Onward and upward eh?

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I think that the second half of the story was a bit anticlimactic. I could sense it and tried to make the emotions come into play more but I do understand and see what you are saying. I think I chalk this one up to learning more about how to pace a story and the culminating events. I have some ideas on how it might have been better, such as ending the story after the clan is healed and then doing a second story with 'but wait, how did we get sick to begin with' and then extending the story to include the scenes and action with The Snake to be the climactic moments, so to speak. It's just not the way the story panned out but I think that you'll find that the next story will further these.

Other than switching the main characters and the romance between them I would say Bonds Unbroken, Two of a Kind, and the as of yet unnamed third story are all parts of a whole. I will definitely keep in mind the pacing of the action and the fact that the climax of all the events of the story should come at the end. Thanks for the honest comments Andy, especially since I agree with you. I really do mean it when I say anything other than an 'I hate you and your story' flame is appreciated. I learn and change how I write with each tip and helpful comment I get, so thanks again.

:hug: Cia

Whew since I know your not mad, I can really lay into your story. J/K but it sounded good. ^_^

I think you hit on what I was trying to get at, but I hate saying things that aren't positive, especially when there is the double whammy of liking the author and the story -

One of your biggest strengths is your characters and getting across their feelings and emotions. That was so clear in the first half. In the second half there were bits and pieces but they seemed more integreted into the plot as opposed to the plot integrated with the character - did that make sense.

So maybe - as you suggest you can bring those along as you go through the story so that the character emotions and such are strong through out. Either way, the story didn't suffer, I just wanted to let know what i was thinking.

Now I need to go back and read bounds unbroken - will reading this first ruin that?

• Site Administrator

Yes. I have been struggling with my writing lately. I didn't want to stop posting but it just wasn't as flowing for me as it usually does. I won't be posting my next works until they're done and I'm happy with them.

You can read Bonds Unbroken and not be 'spoiled' other than you know they have a happy ending, so to speak. Each story stands alone yet they are interconnected and little hints of a larger plot show up in that one too. Enjoy!!

Hehe I most certainly liked the last 2 chapters! I'm really curious what'll happen with the little Jaguar (sorry spoiler :P ) but I'm sure I'll read about it soon, since your writer's block seems gone! :D

I'm sorry I didn't give a :2thumbs: before, but I've been swept away by work and life X_X anywho, keep the muse flowing! :D

• Like 1