Open Club  ·  284 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

St. Vincent

I was so impressed by this chapter

And im willing to bet a whole month's salary that its not any of Quonus' suggestions :P

I really love this story. I know its coming to a close now, and my gut feeling is that the next story is something a little different.

Pretty exciting :D

I'm voting for a young legless Lieutenant. That would mean a 3 way with Caroline in the mix! And you'll all have to admit, that would be SO Mark. Posted Image

Has anyone done the timeline? Can they hide it?

With all the drama over Kerry's distraction, it would be fitting if he were the father having done the deed just before leaving to go to Granger. Just a thought.

Ooooookkkkkaaaaayyyyyy...guess I wasn't too far off with the royal offspring remark I made earlier! Chapter 34 was a little unsettling for me and I think nothing was really decided...plus even Cavendish and Arthur are bickering! At the palace! What next, Mark? You have my undivided attention!Posted Image

• Like 2

Ooooookkkkkaaaaayyyyyy...guess I wasn't too far off with the royal offspring remark I made earlier! Chapter 34 was a little unsettling for me and I think nothing was really decided...plus even Cavendish and Arthur are bickering! At the palace! What next, Mark? You have my undivided attention!Posted Image

Certainly a lot of fodder was served for possible plot lines. Still all very unsettled IMHO.

Thanks for your comments. You two both seem unsettled, and that's quite flattering, since that's how George feels, and so I'm happy that you're understanding where he's at. Not all homecomings are happy. Posted Image

nothing worse than adding a comment and then realising one is an entire chapter out! <sigh>

so we'll prentend that the comment I have just scrubbed was never made!

Edited by Canuk

You know, I thought about Cavendish, but I doubt that he would do that to Granger. Maybe it's one of the royal offspring...they don't seem to have a sense of morality...

And Clydee wins the cupie doll.

One Royal bastard/basterdette made to order. Of course Caroline is not designed for girls, only boys. Birthdays should become interesting over the next few years.

So the next contest. Granger's next ship. Any speculation? I don't think Granger would like anything large and lumbering along. I think he will get a sports model, something fit for water skiing with guns. It would allow him to do what he does best. Get in, hit and get the heck out of dodge.

Just watched all 8 hornblower movies with Ioan Gruffudd.

HOT! HOT! HOT!

And the movies were well put together too.

Posted Image

Well a royal addition to the family, even if not the way one would want it... In reality, Prince William, Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh died without any issue. He was eventually given the title of Royal Highness after he married Princess Mary, the fourth daughter of George the III. The Prince Regent granted this honor upon the marriage as George III was fully incapacitated by this time. Interestingly enough, Prince William ended up favoring Queen Caroline in her battles against her husband George IV, the same Prince Regent who gave him the honor of adding Royal to his title. I mean being a mere Your Highness versus Your Royal Highness must have been terrible.

I have to admit I am not suprised by Arthur's behaviour. This would not be the first time that Granger came in between him and someone he was involved in. I would have thought that Cavendish would have realized how Arthur would have felt and not been quite so exuberant upon Granger's return. Or maybe he should have offered Arthur the chance to join them, this might have defused some of the tension.

Well, I can't wait to get the next chapter and devour it as soon as it is out. I was hoping for a reunion with Lord Chartley but if he is up in the country recovering that may have to wait. I just love this story....

Well a royal addition to the family, even if not the way one would want it... In reality, Prince William, Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh died without any issue. He was eventually given the title of Royal Highness after he married Princess Mary, the fourth daughter of George the III. The Prince Regent granted this honor upon the marriage as George III was fully incapacitated by this time. Interestingly enough, Prince William ended up favoring Queen Caroline in her battles against her husband George IV, the same Prince Regent who gave him the honor of adding Royal to his title. I mean being a mere Your Highness versus Your Royal Highness must have been terrible.

I have to admit I am not suprised by Arthur's behaviour. This would not be the first time that Granger came in between him and someone he was involved in. I would have thought that Cavendish would have realized how Arthur would have felt and not been quite so exuberant upon Granger's return. Or maybe he should have offered Arthur the chance to join them, this might have defused some of the tension.

Well, I can't wait to get the next chapter and devour it as soon as it is out. I was hoping for a reunion with Lord Chartley but if he is up in the country recovering that may have to wait. I just love this story....

I have to wonder about a gay guy in central Texas that knows so much about the royal family. lol, Works for me. You certainly have a more in depth knowledge of these things though.

And I'm not saying that is a bad thing, just not what one expects from a Texan. Could it be Royal Machismo? ROTFLMAO

• Like 1

I'm glad you're enjoying the story!

I think that Arthur's behavior is like that of a jealous wife, only he can't express it that way. I don't think that Cavendish and Granger have really done anything wrong: it's not a bad thing to see an old lover and be happy to see him. Making plans to meet, well, that may have crossed the line, unless of course Cavendish really had no intention of following through with them.

When we last saw Arthur, he was into some minor kink..bondage, as I recall. And probably some S&M. I wonder how that's developed.

• Like 1

Mark you are one awesome author: the twists in this story are simply fantastic. I can almost feel the life drained out of George as his flames all seem to flicker - only Chrtley seems to be able to spur him on.

I have afeeling his reading of his brother and Davina off to Bermuda is far closer to the mark than his fathers opinion.... Caroline confuses me; I know he's a Prince, but is he really worth giving George up for? It seems her useful political nouse has left her completely......

Keep on - I am REALLY enjoying this!

• Like 1

As I read this chapter I thought to myself "this is just the kind of crap that I would be so bad at, were I there". I wouldn't be able to put up with all the stuff going on, I'd be asking for a ship to take me to Australia! Granger's more game than I, and I'm sure he'll come out of his doldrums soon enough with his time spent with Chartley to help him along.

I think his father will help the most with the king, especially dealing with the royal prick...whom I suspect could also be sent to Australia! It's either that or George will have to duel him and that would be a crime I believe. I don't think was legal to duel the royal family back then, but what do I know?? Arthur needs a good kicking...Cavendish needs to grow up...Posted Image Posted Image

Caroline I don't know how to read. This chapter really surprised me as to what she would do. Her continuing to see William while George is around just adds salt to the wound. I don't think she is being very smart about this whole affair, and that really surprises me, considering how intelligent she is supposed to be. I can understand the fling part, everyone gets lonely, but she's not being discreet, and she's causing damage to their marriage. I'd be reeling too!

• Like 1

I just don't even know where to start after reading the latest chapter of St. Vincent. Let me start here, several comments over the last few months have made mention of my keen intrest and knowldedge of the era in question. I love history... All the way through school, both high school and college, it was my favorite subject by far. On top of that I am a voracious reader, I average two to three books a week every week, and once again either historical fiction, biographys, or well anything historical is always my first choice. I think my love of history is what has drawn me so deeply to all of Mark's stories. His ability to tie his stories into real events and place them in such perfect context is just unparalled.

Okay, first off what the hell is going on with Caroline. Even if this guy is a member of the royal family, anyone who's actual nickname is Silly Billy, and it was really what he was known as, can't be as interesting as Granger. On top of that, after what she just went through bringing out Davina's behaviour this just seems to weaken her own position with that. Then not to be discreet is just puzzling, is she trying to tell Granger that she wants him home for a while in a backhanded way? This would appear to be an action that will hurt her in so many different ways and reduce the amount of influence she has not just within the family but society at large.

Arthur and Cavendish need to get there act together. I actually think they would make a good couple, they both seem interested in many of the same things. They could be a real power couple. Right now, they are both in the House of Commons, but one day, Arthur could be high up in the House of Commons and Cavendish could be a major play in the House of Lords. I don't know that either of them would be very good at being just with each other, after all, a threesome with Granger would be a delight, or so I would think. Even taking that into affect, I would think they could work it out and stay together. Arthur needs to learn to control his jealousy while Cavendish needs to move past his seeming infatuation with Granger. I know that Cavendish and Granger were close to each other, but it always seemed to me that Cavendish was more infatuated with Granger than in love with him. Plus, with Granger being gone for long periods of time, and Cavendish because of his injury tied more to shore, they just can't be much more than good friends with some benefits.

Now to the Earl, I am so glad to see that Granger and his father have begun to repair their relationship. The Earl always seemed to me to be the main anchor in Granger's life; even after his marriage to Caroline, his father played a major role in his life. I do think that the Earl is being a little self deluding to think that Freddie and Davina are going to come back from Bermuda all grown up and behaving better. But what you need to think about is that life in the tropics was very dangerous, plus the voyage has it's own hazards. You know, they could get a fever and never recover or just any of a number of things could occur so that they never saw the shores of England again.

And then there was Lord Chartley, I am just so in love with the man I imagine him to be. I really think that he maybe the one that Granger is destined to really be with in the end. I can't wait to see what all they get up to at Brentwood. There is just something about how Mark writes about him, his persona is just so wonderful. I have to think that a few days with him and Granger will be back much more on an even keel.

All hail Sir George, he is the best....

• Like 1

WELL! I can see even more possibilities for the name "Mutiny" for the next.

I predict that Granger will be in Portsmouth for the payoff of the ship, HRH of Glouchester will have him knocked out and thrown on board Freddies ship bound for Bermuda with a plan that he will be fish food. Lady "D" will assist and nab his purse with the payoff funds.Freddie will intervene to keep him from being fish food and he will be given to the Spanish. Perhaps sold to a press gang and the second mutiny will be in the form of escaping. The first of course will be Mutiny by his brother and his wife. A mutiny of the family.

Being AWOL, he'll disgraced as a deserter and a coward. A point Fox and the Mann's will delight in bringing up to as many as they can. Caroline will think he just abandoned her. Ran out on them because he couldn't take it.

The Earle of course will know better but will be paid off for not making a stink by attaining his peerage.

Cavendish will get Arthur pregnant but they will claim paternity by HRH of Glouchester just because it makes the story more interesting and they heard he was the one who did George in.

Caroline's baby will be born with red hair and green eyes and an olive complexion. None of which will match anyone connected with the story.

Posted Image

Mutinies abound!

• Like 1

WELL! I can see even more possibilities for the name "Mutiny" for the next.

I predict that Granger will be in Portsmouth for the payoff of the ship, HRH of Glouchester will have him knocked out and thrown on board Freddies ship bound for Bermuda with a plan that he will be fish food. Lady "D" will assist and nab his purse with the payoff funds.Freddie will intervene to keep him from being fish food and he will be given to the Spanish. Perhaps sold to a press gang and the second mutiny will be in the form of escaping. The first of course will be Mutiny by his brother and his wife. A mutiny of the family.

Being AWOL, he'll disgraced as a deserter and a coward. A point Fox and the Mann's will delight in bringing up to as many as they can. Caroline will think he just abandoned her. Ran out on them because he couldn't take it.

The Earle of course will know better but will be paid off for not making a stink by attaining his peerage.

Cavendish will get Arthur pregnant but they will claim paternity by HRH of Glouchester just because it makes the story more interesting and they heard he was the one who did George in.

Caroline's baby will be born with red hair and green eyes and an olive complexion. None of which will match anyone connected with the story.

Posted Image

Mutinies abound!

Damn Ricky, I must say that you my an unique and a tad strange imagination.

I guess time will tell what happens in this soap opera. Posted Image

• Like 1

In their crowd and at that time, courtly intrigues were a way of life. That Caroline was played instead of being the player was only somewhat surprising. That she continues to be played after George returned is certainly an affront and I suspect there will be lasting repercussions beyond the child. George's old man is canny and a court player too and I am sure he will put his own best interests first, even if it is less than favorable for George. George needs to get his game on and figure a way to put silly Billy in his place in a way that leaves no trail back to him.

I think that Caroline has three basic problems:

1. She sees things so clearly when it involves other people, she just doesn't see it when it involves her. Kind of like how when I look in the mirror and I think I'm 10 years younger and 20 pounds lighter than I really am. Posted Image

2. She got involved with a royal, which is quite a coup, but now she doesn't know how to get out of it.

3. She's not sure if George is really going to be there for her, so if she tells Gloucester to piss off, she could end up all alone. That's scary when you're carrying a bastard child.

• Like 1

Chapter 36! The beat goes on!

I figured George would send Caroline to Brentwood, that only made sense! How he deals with William, I do not know, but I'm sure Chartley will have some idea!

I doubt having George bang every woman in sight would help his reputation, I would think having three kids would be evidence enough, even for the gossips. It'll get sorted, of that I have no doubt.

Whatever happens, I just know I love every part of this story. Never a dull moment! Posted Image

• Like 2

Sending Caroline to the country estate was definitely the best idea. Dealing with his crew who have been so loyal will be top priority and I am intrigued as to where George plans to "stash" those that want that option. Chartley has been a friend and a comfort.

I seem to remember that there was supposed to be a party of some sort at the weekend which was mentioned in the prior chapter, and I wonder how that will be played out?

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..